[KERNEL][GPL]CM7 Custom BFS Kernel 2.6.35[10-25-2011]BFS/CompCache/120-806

Search This thread

s0be

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2007
Seattle, WA
you can just replace the boot.img in the zip file
I dont know how to write update.zip's sorry i will look into this :)

Use the 'anykernel' method. It's way easier.

1. get Anykernel:
    git clone https://github.com/koush/AnyKernel
  2. Delete any modules that came with AnyKernel
    rm <AnyKernelPath>/system/lib/modules/*
  3. replace zImage in the kernel/ folder
    cp <kernel path>/arch/arm/mach-msm/zImage <AnyKernelPath>/kernel
  4. Copy modules over (generally, just wifi)
    cp <module path and ifle name> <AnyKernelPath>/system/lib/modules
  5. Create flashable zip:
    cd <AnyKernelPath>
    zip -r newkernel.zip *

Reactions: drowningchild

s0be

Inactive Recognized Developer
Dec 26, 2007
Seattle, WA
Got a script error when using the update only file, but the full flash was fine. Great work!

If it complained about not enough arguments to the mount command, you need to use a modified version of AnyKernel. I have a forked github of this change here:

https://github.com/s0be/AnyKernel

I haven't started using my aria yet, so I wasn't sure which CWM Recovery version we're on.

Reactions: drowningchild

hunkyn

Feb 10, 2007
Here you go; let me know if you run into the same issue I described related to the settings of the live wall-paper not being retained after a reboot.

Thank you for the launcher. I did notice the same issue. After i reboot my launcher is going back to ADW and i have to reinstall the default launcher. I am build 43 from nightly. I did not have lot of time last night to figure out the issue. Let me know if there is any workaround for this.

Thanks again

LTD36

May 1, 2010
no...
Were you oc'd to 825?

Okay no problem. I was only OC'd to 806 as Max. I didn't install SetCPU, just used the built-in CM Performance configuration. Unfortunately after I rebooted it just for no reason really it got stuck on the boot screen for over 15 minutes and I just flashed back to FR008 for now. I wish I could continue to test this further, but it's my girlfriend's phone and she's not happy when it's not working right :rolleyes: lol. Thanks for the suggestions though.

-Sent from my Captivate
Phoenix 5.2 JS5 w/ SetiroN's 1.5.6 Kernel @1400MHz

tommyguns818

Jan 30, 2011
SoCal *818*
so i flashed this kernel and i went into the perforamnce config. and max was still set at 600. Is it because i have setCPU goin on? I rebooted it and still set at 600. should i unistall setCPU and just use phone as is? other than that everything seems to be fine. Thanks guys.

FtaWolf

Jun 27, 2010
Cana
Just enable the cpu setting under "Cyanonmod Setting, Performance, Cpu" reboot.
The swap works with DTa2sd.

Sent from my Liberty using Tapatalk

CallMeAria

Aug 17, 2010
Murrieta, CA
I'm loving this kernel. Ive had a chance to fully use my phone with it now and Its working great.

Sent from my cm7 Aria using XDA App

BuckMulligan

Dec 14, 2010
cyanogen asked for attn1's opinion and he said no...: http://review.cyanogenmod.com/#change,3343

Reading your link, the message I get is that attn1 asked the code remain the same because some carriers might have a problem with it. Since we know that the fix seems to work on AT&T, there's nothing in attn1's response that should discourage us from modifying build.prop ourselves on our Arias - right?

Top Liked Posts