[Q] Issue with wireless Tether

Search This thread

Fhuron

Jul 6, 2013
I have been having issues with the wifi tether that are confusing me a bit. A little back ground:
After installing KK (stock) via zip, I had no issues with Tether. A few weeks after the upgrade, I tried the LTE fix for the 1st time, and there was much happiness.. everything seemed good (I'm on T-Mobile btw, it worked awesome). Sometime after the 4.4.2 OTA installed, I tried to use the tether, and it seemed normal, but nothing I connected to it could actually access a webpage. On my PC, I could connect to the hotspot and Ping a website, but it would not load it (used www.cnn.com to test, easy to type). I even tried using the IP address generated by the ping test, but no luck. It is obviously able to resolve an address in DNS.
I decided to start playing with some ROMS, and found a couple I liked, but still ran into the issue with tethering, but now was happening without 4G too... until I tried a PA ROM. this ROM has the tether working even with the 4G enabled, so I know it's not a hardware issue with my phone, bg relief. The issue I have is there was one ROM I was really hoping to stick with, a CM11 Nexus 5 Experience ROM. BUt ebven tho I keep trying after updates, it still wont work I have tried all 4 versions they have this past weekend and can get data to other devices even on the non-4G ROMS. There has to be something I'm missing here.
Anyone else run into this and found whats causing it?

RootTheMachine

Oct 4, 2011
There are numerous threads and articles all over the internet that explain what this and how to fix it, post 4.2.2. Before you dive in, check to make sure you aren't using T-Mobile's IPv6 APN, as it does not support tethering (at least right now).

I suggest you go read up in the general section, as I'm pretty sure the thread is there. The fix involves editing a sqlite database to allow tethering.

Fhuron

Jul 6, 2013
Thank you for pointing me in the right direction. Everything seems good now with the ROM I was trying, and I think I can get others to work as well. Much appreciated! :D

fatihlale

Jan 30, 2014
Ankara
There are numerous threads and articles all over the internet that explain what this and how to fix it, post 4.2.2. Before you dive in, check to make sure you aren't using T-Mobile's IPv6 APN, as it does not support tethering (at least right now).

I suggest you go read up in the general section, as I'm pretty sure the thread is there. The fix involves editing a sqlite database to allow tethering.

thank you!

Reactions: fatih.lale

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

thank you!