[Q] Chinese S5

Search This thread

Elbretzel

Apr 23, 2014
Good afternoon,

I am writing because I have a bothering problem with my new Galaxy S5.
I bought it in China (this is where I live), and I didn’t consider the option of having so many differences between the version here and the one in the European market (I am from Italy). First of all, the choice of language is limited to Chinese, Korean and English, but this is not an issue at all. The biggest problem is the absence of any service provided by google, such as the play store; plus, the SamsungApp store allows me to download just apps in Chinese, or at least the 99% of them is like that. Therefore, to download basic apps such as Shazam, Wordreference, Wikipedia and so on I have to rely on alternative markets. Of course Facebook doesn’t work; the strange thing is that it doesn’t work with a VPN either, which happened on my old Galaxy Nexus… well, maybe this is just a temporary network problem.

Anyway, my question is: is there any way to format the device and re-install the OS “making it believe it is an Italian smartphone”? or at least European…
I inserted *#1234#, and what I received is as follows:
AP: G9006VZNU1AND1
CP: G9006VZNU1AND1
CSC: G9006VCHU1AND1

Thanks for your help!

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
Good afternoon,

I bought it in China (this is where I live), and I didn’t consider the option of having so many differences between the version here and the one in the European market (I am from Italy). First of all, the choice of language is limited to Chinese, Korean and English, but this is not an issue at all. The biggest problem is the absence of any service provided by google, such as the play store; plus, the SamsungApp store allows me to download just apps in Chinese, or at least the 99% of them is like that. Therefore, to download basic apps such as Shazam, Wordreference, Wikipedia and so on I have to rely on alternative markets. Of course Facebook doesn’t work; the strange thing is that it doesn’t work with a VPN either, which happened on my old Galaxy Nexus… well, maybe this is just a temporary network problem.

Anyway, my question is: is there any way to format the device and re-install the OS “making it believe it is an Italian smartphone”? or at least European…

Thanks for your help!

Is this the dual SIM?

SupGTR

Apr 25, 2014
Good afternoon,

Thanks for your help!

Chinese version does not have Google stuff, because china government banned. VPN is banned as well. I'm a Chinese, I never buy the official version that china market have. Only buy HK version( have all Google stuff) and much cheaper.

Last edited:

Elbretzel

Apr 23, 2014
Chinese version does not have Google stuff, because china government banned. VPN is banned as well. I'm a Chinese, I never buy the official version that china market have. Only buy HK version( have all Google stuff) and much cheaper.

Yeah, I honestly ignore why I haven't thought about the HK version before buying it...
Anyway right now I found a way to use the VPN, and a person I know in Italy told me there is the chance to format the phone and install the Italian OS... do you think it's possible?

ddxv

Nov 17, 2011
Yeah, I honestly ignore why I haven't thought about the HK version before buying it...
Anyway right now I found a way to use the VPN, and a person I know in Italy told me there is the chance to format the phone and install the Italian OS... do you think it's possible?

Ah, I just replied to your other question before I saw this thread. That ROM in the other thread has Italian, I checked. :good:

Elbretzel

Apr 23, 2014
Ah, I just replied to your other question before I saw this thread. That ROM in the other thread has Italian, I checked. :good:

Yeah, actually as I already said I don't really care about the language of the OS, as long as I can manage to download all the apps I need and use my device without the limitations that the Chinese version has!

vndnguyen

Sep 11, 2009
Vinnitsa
Good afternoon,

Thanks for your help!

You can install this app Phone INFO ★Samsung★

Go to menu --> 'CSC Changer' and see how many CSC in your phone. If it supports multi-CSC, you can change to another CSC if you are lucky.

Attachments

• 2014-04-18-23-35-44.jpg
    2014-04-18-23-35-44.jpg
    146.9 KB · Views: 70

Elbretzel

Apr 23, 2014
You can install this app Phone INFO ★Samsung★

Go to menu --> 'CSC Changer' and see how many CSC in your phone. If it supports multi-CSC, you can change to another CSC if you are lucky.

Tried to, it won't work!
By clicking the link it makes me log in to google play, and the account I have is still linked to my old device, while I can't download it without logging in.
The result has been that I downloaded it from my S5 on my old Galaxy Nexus :D

Thanks, though!