[VIDEO] Official 4.4.2 KitKat preview from vietnam

Search This thread

gigsaw

Jun 22, 2010

Untill we have a .kdz file in our hands we can't say anything for sure. Most probably (and I hope) the firmware shown in the video is only a beta because too many features are missed :crying: we saw how LG is used to manage the updates with the G2, so first of all rolled out a "beta" version in some asian countries, without some features (ART for example)..Then, some weeks later rolled out the final version of the firmware. Anyway we are very close :fingers-crossed:

hoangnova

Feb 25, 2011
GB
Untill we have a .kdz file in our hands we can't say anything for sure. Most probably (and I hope) the firmware shown in the video is only a beta because too many features are missed :crying: we saw how LG is used to manage the updates with the G2, so first of all rolled out a "beta" version in some asian countries, without some features (ART for example)..Then, some weeks later rolled out the final version of the firmware. Anyway we are very close :fingers-crossed:

V29 is beta version, and has ART.
V28 has Knock On, But has been removed, because some reason conflict hardware/
Sorry for my bad english.
I cannot share this firmware. For tester only.

I hope V30b is still in beta.

Last edited:
Reactions: amedian and gigsaw

gigsaw

Jun 22, 2010

Thank's very much for the useful details :) don't worry if you can't share the rom, personally I am not obsessed with having always the latest beta..I suppose that when it's done, LG will start the roll out, and then, here on xda, works will start ;) Only if it's not a problem and if it's possible for you, would be appreciated if you can keep the community informed on what it's added and what it's removed between the various betas, so we can passionately follow LG's progress..if you want to create a discussion, for example, the community would be happy.

Anyway..I think that ART is foundamental for the future, so it's a great news that it's here! :victory:

knock on is a pity, so even knock code would not be there..but it's not as "foundamental" as ART for example, because I think that some talented developer would integrate at least knock on in the kernel (@ak for example, I was thinking to you LOL). The "major" problem would be the knock off, because I suppose that, if the phone doesn't have the knock on, the launcher wouldn't support the gesture to double tap to sleep.

Now it remains to see the other features that LG usually bakes in the roms, as slide aside, Guest mode (it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY useful, at least for me)..hope in good things to come :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:

Reactions: Rishi.

hoangnova

Feb 25, 2011
GB
Thank's very much for the useful details :) don't worry if you can't share the rom, personally I am not obsessed with having always the latest beta..I suppose that when it's done, LG will start the roll out, and then, here on xda, works will start ;) Only if it's not a problem and if it's possible for you, would be appreciated if you can keep the community informed on what it's added and what it's removed between the various betas, so we can passionately follow LG's progress..if you want to create a discussion, for example, the community would be happy.

Anyway..I think that ART is foundamental for the future, so it's a great news that it's here! :victory:

knock on is a pity, so even knock code would not be there..but it's not as "foundamental" as ART for example, because I think that some talented developer would integrate at least knock on in the kernel (@ak for example, I was thinking to you LOL). The "major" problem would be the knock off, because I suppose that, if the phone doesn't have the knock on, the launcher wouldn't support the gesture to double tap to sleep.

Now it remains to see the other features that LG usually bakes in the roms, as slide aside, Guest mode (it would be REALLY REALLY REALLY useful, at least for me)..hope in good things to come :fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed::fingers-crossed:
Slide aside, guest mode, plug and pop,... Very easy to mod (or port).
I have a problem, can not use open bootloader (nexus bootloader) to load kitkat kernel.

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014

Then in next version we'll have less features lol

You look too responsible about the ROM. We should wait for a more generous tester to see a leak at last.

hoangnova

Feb 25, 2011
GB
Can you help me. How to load kitkat kernel from open bootloader ? Or help me patch with loki, i need recovery for kitkat rom
Anyone ?
Thanks

Last edited:

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
Can you help me. How to load kitkat kernel from open bootloader ? Or help me patch with loki, i need recovery for kitkat rom
Anyone ?
Thanks

The problem is that you are the only one who has the official kitkat on OG here. Share it, then guys will find a way and strive to help you ;)

gigsaw

Jun 22, 2010
Anyone ?
Thanks

Could you be more specific? Because I can't fully understand the problem I mean.. (correct me if I am wrong):

-We start from an optimus g, with lg bootloader (for the noobs that read, it can be unlocked with freegee)
-if you put the nexus 4 bootloader ( I suppose following something similar to this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2099784 changing the bootloader partition) I think that the phone will load properly only kernels meant for the nexus 4 (and not even all the kernels for nexus 4, according to the OP of the guide), but I'm not sure because I've never changed the bootloader..Supposing that correctly manages even the optimus g kernels (and it's possible), I suppose that the problem now is the recovery, because nobody created a recovery working with kitkat roms from optimus G. For anybody, that doesn't have almost anything for now to work on..it's almost impossible to create it, IMHO..I think we have only to wait for LG's relases, sorry :(

furkandeger

Feb 1, 2013
İstanbul
Could you be more specific? Because I can't fully understand the problem I mean.. (correct me if I am wrong):

-We start from an optimus g, with lg bootloader (for the noobs that read, it can be unlocked with freegee)
-if you put the nexus 4 bootloader ( I suppose following something similar to this guide http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2099784 changing the bootloader partition) I think that the phone will load properly only kernels meant for the nexus 4 (and not even all the kernels for nexus 4, according to the OP of the guide), but I'm not sure because I've never changed the bootloader..Supposing that correctly manages even the optimus g kernels (and it's possible), I suppose that the problem now is the recovery, because nobody created a recovery working with kitkat roms from optimus G. For anybody, that doesn't have almost anything for now to work on..it's almost impossible to create it, IMHO..I think we have only to wait for LG's relases, sorry :(

Well maybe he could use the classic method for unlocking the bootloader instead of mako? :confused:

gigsaw

Jun 22, 2010
Is that necessary? Because I don't think anyone will be able to help you in this case. But maybe you could try classic method and see If it works. It might since in classic method it is still Optimus G bootloader.

Sent from my Optimus G using Tapatalk

I think it's necessary because with a new .kdz rom and new android version, usually even the bootloader is replaced by LG with a new version..so the old method at 99% won't work. Of course is worth a try..but I think that loading trough nexus 4 bootloader is the only option to try..even because probably the jelly bean bootloader wouldn't be compatible with kitkat roms..

We only have to wait for a kdz, nothing else..only few weeks and here we go, hoping that someone would be able to unlock (as fast as possible) the kitkat bootloader..

hoangnova

Feb 25, 2011
GB
Is that necessary? Because I don't think anyone will be able to help you in this case. But maybe you could try classic method and see If it works. It might since in classic method it is still Optimus G bootloader.

Thanks you very much. it work like a charm !
I use jb bootloader & recovery + system, baseband, kernel kitkat.
I share kitkat partition with one person, and he will port to E975.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks you very much. it work like a charm !
    I use jb bootloader & recovery + system, baseband, kernel kitkat.
    I share kitkat partition with one person, and he will port to E975.

I use mako unlock method :( :D