New Sub-Forum Q&A

Search This thread

Cali313

Jun 15, 2014
Bypassing my Galaxy W

Hey guys,
well recently my dad had completely forgotten about the pass code (not pattern lock) to access his Galaxy W.
now the phone is un usable, and i do not have the USB debugging on which makes things a little complicated.
i tried all the different ways, which included copying zip file to an sd card and running it via recovery mode to bypass the passcode screen, but the phone will just not read the card. i just need the data.
but trying too much just made me give up and i decided to factory reset it via recovery mode, but then it asks for the damn passcode again!
im practically stuck.
i cant even use the phone.
what can i do?

Samir96

Jul 4, 2014
Xiaomi 11 Lite 5g NE
Hi guys,
i hve overheat issue with my Wonder. im using cm10.2 with Madridi kernel and i came from Dcm 4.4.4 due sms filter not working. i set powersave gov at 368mhz, enabled ksm, disabled dithering, disabled cpu rendering and used Turbo Boost with triple swap. hve i done wrong with my phone?

hope someone can advice me something since changing Rom is not my choice. i scared of bricking my phone lol .

MayB4ck

Jan 11, 2014
Kavadarci
Hey guys,
well recently my dad had completely forgotten about the pass code (not pattern lock) to access his Galaxy W.
now the phone is un usable, and i do not have the USB debugging on which makes things a little complicated.
i tried all the different ways, which included copying zip file to an sd card and running it via recovery mode to bypass the passcode screen, but the phone will just not read the card. i just need the data.
but trying too much just made me give up and i decided to factory reset it via recovery mode, but then it asks for the damn passcode again!
im practically stuck.
i cant even use the phone.
what can i do?

Flash your stock rom via odin. Then revert back to cm if you want to

r25txe

Mar 3, 2011
Hey all

I'm running an unofficial CM11 on my W. DarkCyanogenMod, to be precise, it's here on the W forums.

I have been given a code by my network to unlock the device, however, no matter what I do, it will not work.

Do I need to be running a stock ROM for these codes to work or should they work fine on acustom ROM?

For example, *#06# will work and bring up my IMEI, but *#7465625# doesn't work for me.

reinjoy

Sep 15, 2012
XudaD sA OrmOc
-my GW got bootloop and my home button is broken..i want to reflash my custom rom using odin but i cannot boot to recovery nor the download mode..is there any way i can reflash a rom without using usb jig?my current custom recovery is TWRP..

-i hope someone will help me..

-salute!

Sent from my ASUS_T00J using XDA Free mobile app

Hemanth Alajangi

Sep 8, 2014
My galaxy wonder stopped while running cwm 6x due to low battery.

i tried to install kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom in my galaxy wonder and flashed cwm 6x in it but it stopped in the middle due to low battery. usb debugging was offlinee then and i cant open recovery mode only downloding mode can be accessed what should i do. somebody plzzz help me....

reinjoy

Sep 15, 2012
XudaD sA OrmOc
i tried to install kitkat 4.4.2 custom rom in my galaxy wonder and flashed cwm 6x in it but it stopped in the middle due to low battery. usb debugging was offlinee then and i cant open recovery mode only downloding mode can be accessed what should i do. somebody plzzz help me....

-if you can boot to download mode then you have to reflash it using odin..search for it here bro..your phone's still breathing, you still have hope..:good:

-salute!

Harakhti

Aug 27, 2012
Budapest
Hey all

I'm running an unofficial CM11 on my W. DarkCyanogenMod, to be precise, it's here on the W forums.

I have been given a code by my network to unlock the device, however, no matter what I do, it will not work.

Do I need to be running a stock ROM for these codes to work or should they work fine on acustom ROM?

For example, *#06# will work and bring up my IMEI, but *#7465625# doesn't work for me.

That code only works on stock ROM. You have to unlock from stock then reflash custom ROM.

Reactions: r25txe

Abu Talib

Jan 24, 2015
Udaipur
Downgrading from 5.1.1 to 2.3.6

I want to downgrade my SGW from Android 5.1.1 (resurrection remix 5.4.4) to android 2.3.6 (any fast custom ROM). So can I use CWM 6.0.5.1 , or I have to use an older recovery. On 5.1.1 I can't play any HD game as they force close & others lag too much. Also I can't play 1080p videos even in mx player. Also suggest me a custom Rom for all these. Thx in advance.

huongthanh8690

Dec 24, 2012
Ha Noi
Asus Zenfone Max Pro M2
I want to downgrade my SGW from Android 5.1.1 (resurrection remix 5.4.4) to android 2.3.6 (any fast custom ROM). So can I use CWM 6.0.5.1 , or I have to use an older recovery. On 5.1.1 I can't play any HD game as they force close & others lag too much. Also I can't play 1080p videos even in mx player. Also suggest me a custom Rom for all these. Thx in advance.
you should use the old CWM , because from Cm12 : CWM has new partition
if you want to play the game, this rom best gaming
http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-w/development/rom-cyanogenmod-10-1-plus-t3044561

renyyz

Mar 17, 2013
anyone still using this phone? wondering what rom should i use now. currently use one of a kind and it start become lag like h*ll and i could do nothing.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Due to the fact that the Galaxy W I8150 Genaral -sub-forum has reached 1000 threads, this new Q&A- sub-forum was opened. Please post all Questions from now on into this sub-forum.
    I will transfer as many old question-threads as possible from General to this one, but not all will be possible.
    you should use the old CWM , because from Cm12 : CWM has new partition
    if you want to play the game, this rom best gaming
    http://xdaforums.com/galaxy-w/development/rom-cyanogenmod-10-1-plus-t3044561
    Finally a Q&A sub-forum...
    Hey all

That code only works on stock ROM. You have to unlock from stock then reflash custom ROM.