[Q] Touchscreen spotty/unresponsive?

Search This thread

five5outh

Dec 10, 2010
Just received a brand new HTC One M8 about a week ago and notice the touch screen is a bit spotty at times. For instance, when entering my pin to unlock the phone, some areas just won't respond to my touches until I either turn off/on the phone or rotate the phone from landscape to portrait again. Or when opening chrome and going back to the home screen, the same thing occurs and have to shut-off and on the phone again.

This is all stock, no flashing/rooting done yet.

I would like to know if this is a common problem before I exchange it for another M8 and encounter the issue again.

Thanks

elevatorguy

Jun 23, 2010
Northern VA
Mine definitely doesn't have a problem with being unresponsive sometimes I think it's the opposite it's to sensitive. I would guess you have a problem. Only time mine doesn't respond is the double tap to wake if I haven't picked it up yet. Sorry I couldn't be more helpful

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dmystic1

Jun 24, 2007
Hemet
Funny I am right handed and I have recently noticed a couple of times while holding the phone in my left hand, the touch screen unresponsive while I tried to enter unlock pin and while composing a message.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app