[Q] An "Apk" that "controls" Data (Not Monitor or Toggle)
I'm attempting (Looking for Methods) to restrict Apps and my Browser from using Data (So if I ever tap my Browser it well not use the data & can not browse), but pay for Text and pay for Voice on a Pay As You Go in Greater Toronto Area (I plan on getting a plan) on an Android smartphone.
Are there apps that can be developed or exist that can control Data?
I'm not looking for things I can easily Google or search on XDA
1. That notifies or sounds an alarm of how much data I've used
2. Switchs the data on or off as a toggle widget, drop-down-menu or apk (which Restricts all Data Transfer)
3. Affordable Data Plans, a Second/Another Phone or Downgrading my model & Operating System
I've read a few forums
- MMS uses Data (Though Basic Mobile: pay per Text ($0.25/text) & Android: monthly Data rate with pay per Text ($20/mon data, $0.25/text)
- - SMS is text only and MMS is with images, etc, probably why Android has Data (for MMS, etc) rate and Text cost (For SMS)
- SIM cards on Pay As You Go Plan without Data Rate placed into an Android can work (Activate with Basic Mobile Phone then place sim card in Android, Apple or etc)
- Background Apps can use Data (Monitoring is useful then so App can be Stopped or Deleted)
- Its Built-in for OS 4+ Android (I'm on 2.3.4, Model Sk17a, Rooted, Stock OS)
- Sometimes if Data is turn off, it can be turned on by installed Apks
- Certain carriers will charge for the smallest amount of usage (~10mb, Bill = $5)