[GUIDE] [Huawei Ascend G300] Unlock bootloader and gain root access.

Search This thread

Velgdran

Dec 28, 2011
I have a G300 with ICS Vodafone 4.0.3 B952, but cannot make it happen. Followed the guide step by step, even downloaded the HuaweiWinHandSet, still no joy, I'm using Win7.

What I did is:

Turn on USB debugging,
Connect phone to PC
Run Root.exe
...at the end it says "Root Failure, Check Drivers"

I tried to do this in bootloader mod, holding volume down and powering up, then it says cannot find device.
I read the cmd while it was running, was things like "more than one device or emulator"

If I connect it (just plug it in) I have in MyComputer a 3G Mobile, and 2 empty hard disks. if I select connection type multimedia device, instead of the previous three I have Huawei8815 or something, either way doesn't work.

I found another guide where you have to download the drivers and an .exe called RootG300, but cannot download, says "Network Error"

Any help would be appreciated, maybe I overlooked something, but I've been trying to root my phone now for a half day, and really wish to make it done.

Thank you

Regards,
Velgdran

Last edited:

Velgdran

Dec 28, 2011
Just a quick update, when cmd is running the last 3 phrases say: " Unable to chmod system/data/xbin/su - No such file or directory" if it helps

Last edited:

Fygaroo

Feb 16, 2013
heya guys i am planing to install ICS rom on my huawei g300 i found a guide but i have a question , my phone was locked on Vip carrier and i unlocked it via IMEI codes will it lock when i flash the ICS ?

Last edited:

wbrambley

Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

heya guys i am planing to install ICS rom on my huawei g300 i found a guide but i have a question , my phone was locked on Vip carrier and i unlocked it via IMEI codes will it lock when i flash the ICS ?

There are some reports of the cm10.1 ROM unlocking network Sim locked phones. Look it up on modaco g300 forum.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360515-[JB]-[4.2.2]-CyanogenMod-10.1-[ROM]-[Last-updated:-16/02]

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 16/02]

Sent from my Ascend G300 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: Fygaroo

mamoid

Jul 18, 2012
Hyderabad
I accendatily deleted my contacts both from sim and from gmail...help....!!!

Hi everyone,

last night i was initializing a huawei ascend g300 by inserting a sim card which has 175 contacts in its list.....i went ahead an synchronised first the phone with the gmail account throught wifi but had diabled auto-sync and back ground applications too....then went ahead and copied all those contacts to the gmail account by manage contacts>copy contacts>sim to gmail account and after that there were two contacts each name appearing hence thought i would delete and copy it once again from sim card hence i deleted all the contacts.

After deleting the contacts it came to my attention that i had accidentally deleted sim contacts along with the contacts which i had copied to gmail.All i needed to do is go into view setting and uncheck the sim and the phone such that only the gmail contact would be displayed.

I already tried the restoring of contacts from gmail account as the auto sync was disabled hence no contact was synchronised on the gmail servers

The phone itself is new hence i dint took the back up so that option aswell seems to be out of context now......

I am having the sim card data recovery software but do not have a sim card reader currently in search of it..will keep you posted furthur.

Isnt there anyway of using the phone as a sim card reader...or the sim slot at the back of lappy....as the sim card reader..?

I want to restore those contacts is there any way around it.....?

Any suggestion...advice would be immensly appreciated coz im in deep trouble...:confused:

wbrambley

Hi everyone,

last night i was initializing a huawei ascend g300 by inserting a sim card which has 175 contacts in its list.....i went ahead an synchronised first the phone with the gmail account throught wifi but had diabled auto-sync and back ground applications too....then went ahead and copied all those contacts to the gmail account by manage contacts>copy contacts>sim to gmail account and after that there were two contacts each name appearing hence thought i would delete and copy it once again from sim card hence i deleted all the contacts.

After deleting the contacts it came to my attention that i had accidentally deleted sim contacts along with the contacts which i had copied to gmail.All i needed to do is go into view setting and uncheck the sim and the phone such that only the gmail contact would be displayed.

I already tried the restoring of contacts from gmail account as the auto sync was disabled hence no contact was synchronised on the gmail servers

The phone itself is new hence i dint took the back up so that option aswell seems to be out of context now......

I am having the sim card data recovery software but do not have a sim card reader currently in search of it..will keep you posted furthur.

Isnt there anyway of using the phone as a sim card reader...or the sim slot at the back of lappy....as the sim card reader..?

I want to restore those contacts is there any way around it.....?

Any suggestion...advice would be immensly appreciated coz im in deep trouble...:confused:

Ask Google if they can roll back your account to before you deleted contacts.

mamoid

Jul 18, 2012
Hyderabad
update

hey everyone,

yesterday on my way home from office i searched and bought the sim card reader.....lol.....which i thought would be the difficult part

and then i installed that very software named sim card data recovery and its totally a bummer.....

a) it is not at all a data recovery software cox it do not recovers anything...its merely a software which would be handy in reading the present data "on the sim card" for those who have the phones without the facility of reading the Contacts and SMS stored on the sim card...perhaps its "no where close to reading the deleted data".

b) as it was demo version it do not even give a trial period all it does is it inserts "DEMO" after every word in the messages and where ever it feels comfortable enough to make it even more frustrating.

Infact the tool which came along with the drivers of the sim card reader i bought was both free and better in performance than that software for which they are asking us to buy it from them....

My recommendation never fall for such softwares its the waste of both time and money....Its nuin but just a hoax and a very bad one.

BBQsBest Does this method also work on the Y300 with 4.1.1.?

It didnt work for me......i dun think it'll work for u either....its not advicable tho still if u have a sim card reader in handy.....try giving it a shot..choice is yours.

Last edited:

intricatus2303

Jun 13, 2013
Help!

Guys,
After that I've used main dload (ICS folder, aprox abot 600 MB) and everything updated and installed successfully.

Thanks.

p.s. if anyone has or had the same problem, do not hesitate to ask.

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem as you described in previous posts. Can you give me a download link to
(ICS folder, aprox abot 600 MB)
?

shane oneill 76

Jun 29, 2013
Help

OKay so im on ICS, Ive downloaded the drivers, I have the unlockbootloader.zip. But when i click on "Root your Phone" in the program, it gets about 12 lines into the cmd and then says:
exit
exit
exit
and then the loacation of my desktop. I do not know what im doing wrong, by rights it should work. Help would be very much appreciated

Alley Cat

Jul 5, 2013
Help

Please help after rooting my g300 and rebooting in the screnn it said: Image signature verify fail! Im have a oficial ICS room .
Did i brick my phone? please help

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
Its been a while since I've checked into this thread, I have changed my mind and I leave this thread for open discussion or issues you get.

Thanks.

Cake...

Last edited:

zonender

Sep 2, 2013
Jersey City, NJ
CWM Recovery guide for Huawei U8815

Dear krishneelg3

Thanks for the great job,

You said you are working on the CWM Recovery guide, I hope you have managed to bring it out, thanks alot again for the great job.

Hello all U8815 and U8818 user's, this guide will show you how to root and unlock boot-loader for your phone.

CAUTION : DO NOT USE ON GINGER BREAD!

I have gathered up some useful resource that will help you get started, first of all note this will "not"void your warranty, rooting can't void you'r warranty unless if you stuff up the hardware. So if you want to root the G300 go ahead then sure.

This method is by far the safest and easiest method to root for the G300.

Okay first of all you will need to download Unlockbootloader ---> View attachment 1279054

Now once you have downloaded the .zip extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

Now turn on USB debugging on your phone. if its already on then skip this part.

Go into Settings>Developer Options and check on USB Debugging.

Now once its on, plug your phone to the computer with your USB cable.

So far everything is done, Unlockbootloader download, USB debug on, and your phone is connected to your PC.

Now run the .exe file you have just extracted.

Now click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

Once the setup finishes, your phone should be rooted :).

Head into the app drawer, and if you see SuperUser your now officially rooted.

Reboot your phone to finalize the rooting and exploits.

Ok, now for the bootloader.

Once your phone is on, and connected again to the PC with debugging mode on, run the .exe file again and this time click "Unlock BootLoader".

Wait for it to do its job, once done reboot again and you now have a Stock Rooted and Bootloader unlocked ICS phone.

If this Guide helped, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button.

Installing CWM Recovery guide coming soon.

TheArc

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jan 1, 2012
Auckland
@zonender

I will write one up soon, and I was going to reply to your pm but it denied I looked at your status and found out you were new.

In glad you made use of the search button. Thanks

Cake...

zonender

Sep 2, 2013
Jersey City, NJ
Many Thanks

@krishneelg3

Many many thanks for the reply.

I followed your instuctions on how to root Huawei G300 U8815, then I managed to install a CyanogenMod Rom in it, it was a pleasant experience and I learned alot from it.

Looking forward to your bit on recovery.

Best Regards
zonender

@zonender

I will write one up soon, and I was going to reply to your pm but it denied I looked at your status and found out you were new.

In glad you made use of the search button. Thanks

Cake...

faakher

Dec 17, 2012
Ascend G300

Does this method will work with B952 General version which Huawei provided on their support site?
one more thing my phone is carrier locked and it is asking for a "Sim Network Unlock Pin" when I insert sim. Can anyone tell me how to resolve this issue? And if I root my phone, shall it ask for "Sim Unlock Pin" or not?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Welcome all Huawei Acend G300 users, this is a full guide prepared by me which will help you unlock your bootloader and not only that but it will help you gain root access for system modifications and root required applications.
    Keep in mind, this method is not confirmed working if you're running android 2.3.x [ Gingerbread ]. So do not use this if you're running it. Also dual sim ones aren't supported from what I see it tempers with the phone, I haven't tested it but many have reported it doesn't work on dual sims.
    Lets get started shall we? Firstly I have gathered up some useful resources that will help you get started. Make sure you read this guide first, from top to bottom. Then continue. As you must have a clear understanding on what you are going to attempt. If you have any queries don't hesitate to ask on the thread itself.
    I have performed these exact steps and have successfully unlocked my bootloader and rooted the phone. So if you're worried. Don't be. After attempting this I haven't noticed any issues either.
    Okay, first of all you will need to download Unlockbootloader ---> View attachment unlockbootloader.zip

Once you have downloaded the said .zip extract the .exe file inside the .zip to your desktop.

Continue by turning on USB debugging on your G300. if its already switched on then skip the part below..

Go into Settings>Developer Options and tick the USB Debugging option.

Once its switched on, plug your phone to the computer using a USB cable.

So far you've downloaded Unlockbootloader, have switched USB debugging on, and your phone is connected to your PC.

Now run the .exe file you have just extracted. Click "Root" and let it do everything, it will prompt up with a few warnings saying don't use your keyboard because CMD is running.

Once the setup finishes, your phone should be rooted.

Head into the app drawer, and if you see "SuperUser" you're now officially rooted.

Reboot your phone to finalize the rooting and exploits.

Ok, now for the bootloader.

Once your phone is on, and connected again to the PC with debugging mode on, run the .exe file again and this time click "Unlock BootLoader".

Wait for it to do its job, once done reboot again and you now have a Stock Rooted and Bootloader unlocked ICS phone.
    If this Guide helped, don't hesitate to hit the thanks button.
    When I try and root my device is says "ROOT failure, please check the driver" what should I do?

Hi, assuming you have installed the g300 adb drivers, once the device is hanging on the boot logo and you connect the usb cable. You need to wait for windows to fully the load the adb driver before you use the unlockbootloader.exe program.
    krishneelg3

Thanks for that by b927* you are referring to a different version of HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?
    where would i be able to get this from?

so this would give me the stock ics
    what is the advantage of then installing HDU88151079V100R001C00B934 ?

Thanks

Your on gingerbread so your baseband Is 109808 and if u flash any b934+ stock using the combinations say goodbye to your phone. I did that to my brothers and it bricked.

So to get to ice you must install b927 version of ics then your baseband will change to the new one *2030* now you can flash any b934+ stocks because you now have the new baseband.

Go to modaco and enter the G300 forums and look at the first dew pages all the info and guides you need. Procedure is simple.
    thanks for that

I did head over there after your first post but it was down and being impatient I thought I would hassle you!
    Its strange, having had about 4 HTC's myself My first call will always be XDA

thanks again
    Re: [GUIDE] Huawei Ascend G300 Rooting & Bootloader for Stock ICS

There are some reports of the cm10.1 ROM unlocking network Sim locked phones. Look it up on modaco g300 forum.

http://www.modaco.com/index.php?/topic/360515-[JB]-[4.2.2]-CyanogenMod-10.1-[ROM]-[Last-updated:-16/02]

[JB] [4.2.2] CyanogenMod 10.1 [ROM] [Last updated: 16/02]