Att GS4 stuck in custom screen after reboot

Search This thread

gsr101

Jul 21, 2013
My GS4 ATT keeps getting stuck on the Samsung Custom screen after rebooting my rom.
The initial reboot after doing a clean install works fine, but after restarting, it gets stuck.
I have tried 3 different roms so far and all have the same problem, any suggestions?

other information:
model#: sgh-1337
version 4.3
baseband:1337UCUAMDL
kernal:3.4.0-g4fe9989-dirty

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

what recovery

what roms did you try

by clean, i assume you wiped system also

i don't pay attn to kernel names. is that part of the rom you last flashed or did you get it elsewhere and if so exactly how did you flash it

gsr101

Jul 21, 2013
what recovery

what roms did you try

by clean, i assume you wiped system also

i don't pay attn to kernel names. is that part of the rom you last flashed or did you get it elsewhere and if so exactly how did you flash it

I tried hyperdrive rls14 3 times and lquidsmooth, shostock, all have the same problem.
I flashed it through TWRP like normal, wipe, install, wipe chache ...

i might have to go back to stock via odin, but im currently running a mac.

Last edited:
G

GuestX0019

is that kernel stock for one of the roms, if not flash rom with it's stock kernel

which twrp, 2.5.0.2 is best

G

GuestX0019

ok, so you can't boot into recovery?

have you ever flashed and ran a rom successfully, which one?

if so, what has changed if anything to be a possible cause

gsr101

Jul 21, 2013
ok, so you can't boot into recovery?

have you ever flashed and ran a rom successfully, which one?

if so, what has changed if anything to be a possible cause

No i can boot into recover, i cant boot into the rom after restarting (after installing the rom it will boot, but after restarting it gets stuck on boot)
I have ran many roms in the past, i flashed over stock root. I am not sure what to, and dont want to restore it completely unless its a must.

G

GuestX0019

baseband is your radio, what's your Build number, if you know

i think on a mac you will need to use heimdal, this guy Ashton may be able to help if you go that route

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1917237

i just was confused. if you can't get to recovery, how did you flash 3 roms and have same issue?

gsr101

Jul 21, 2013
baseband is your radio, what's your Build number, if you know

i think on a mac you will need to use heimdal, this guy Ashton may be able to help if you go that route

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1917237

i just was confused. if you can't get to recovery, how did you flash 3 roms and have same issue?

I dont think you completely understand my situation. So everything works fine, except when I restart my phone after flashing a new rom, it will get stuck on the samsung boot logo. this happens to every rom I have tried.

gsr101

Jul 21, 2013
You do know that the first boot after flashing a rom is going to take longer than normal. I think that's what you're experiencing

it boots perfectly after flashing the rom, but after i get into the rom and install stuff and then I reboot causes the phone to get stuck on the logo.
I noticed that there is something wrong with the root permissions.

G

GuestX0019

also, i don't remember you saying what your build is, just the baseband.

these things uaually happen if you are flashing a rom not meant for your phone or an incompatible kernel

gsr101

Jul 21, 2013
also, i don't remember you saying what your build is, just the baseband.

these things uaually happen if you are flashing a rom not meant for your phone or an incompatible kernel

oh, thanks for the help. I really want to run Hyperdrive RLS14 on it, so should I goto stock then update and root?

G

GuestX0019

well, would like to know your build not baseband

ie, mdl, mf3, mk2

otherwise back to stock thru heimdall, since you are on mac, may be path, never used it but there is info on it thru google searches

also, if possible backing up important info on internal card and reformatting may be another option

gsr101

Jul 21, 2013
well, would like to know your build not baseband

ie, mdl, mf3, mk2

otherwise back to stock thru heimdall, since you are on mac, may be path, never used it but there is info on it thru google searches

also, if possible backing up important info on internal card and reformatting may be another option

My BASEBAND says MDL, My BUILD says RLS13.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    it boots perfectly after flashing the rom, but after i get into the rom and install stuff and then I reboot causes the phone to get stuck on the logo.
    I noticed that there is something wrong with the root permissions.

Try flashing super su in recovery again