Another messed up phone

Search This thread

Madog7

Sep 28, 2012
So, I figured with all my time off from classes during spring break that it would be a good idea to update my HTC One. It was running a rather old version of the HD rom and i assume some old version of TWRP or Clockwork.

Using Windows 7 and fastboot, I erased the cache and pushed over TWRP 2.7 then used "fastboot reboot". At the time, I was unaware of what trouble that last command would get me into. Upon further investigation, I found out that I needed to erase the cache again and use "fastboot reboot-loader". Once i sent "fastboot reboot" the phone shutdown, then made it to the boot screen and shut off I think.

At the moment all my phone will do is turn the red light off and on. If the red light is off, holding down the power button for ten seconds turns the light on. Holding down the button for three seconds turns off the light. Holding down the power button and volume down button at the same time for any amount of time does nothing.

Does anyone have ideas on how I get it to work again?

Madog7

Sep 28, 2012
Try holding it to a bright light while holding the power key for 15 seconds, also, it's "fastboot reboot-bootloader"

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Held it close to my lamp while holding the button for 15 seconds. Tried it multiple times and nothing happened but the red light by the speaker going off and on every 15 seconds or so.

Madog7

Sep 28, 2012
I did so more digging around and found this thread: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2301007

I tried option one and it worked. I love how well these phones are setup to avoid perma bricks.
I should be good at attempting to put TWRP on it correctly, right?

Update: I turned the phone off after booting up the first time since the issue. The phone would not start up without using one of the button tricks. I was able to properly flash TWRP 2.7. I still have to use one of the two tricks to get it to do a cold boot.

TWRP 2.7 is confirmed to be on the phone. When I got to install with .zip, none of my .zip file are shown by TWRP. Any ideas why this is happening?
Update: Idk if this is normal, but there is a folder named "0" in the internal storage area that Windows can see. TWRP can only see the "0" folder and not the area that Windows sees.

Last edited:

fenstre

Jan 9, 2012
IUpdate: I turned the phone off after booting up the first time since the issue. The phone would not start up without using one of the button tricks. I was able to properly flash TWRP 2.7. I still have to use one of the two tricks to get it to do a cold boot.

TWRP 2.7 is confirmed to be on the phone. When I got to install with .zip, none of my .zip file are shown by TWRP. Any ideas why this is happening?
Update: Idk if this is normal, but there is a folder named "0" in the internal storage area that Windows can see. TWRP can only see the "0" folder and not the area that Windows sees.
Yes, this is probably normal. Earlier android versions stored data in /data/media, while newer ones use /data/media/0. The TWRP UI is smarter than the part that shows the files via USB.

But what do you mean when you say none of the files are shown by TWRP? Cant the computer find the files, but TWRP cannot? Is the contents of the "0" folder empty?

The first thing I would check is to unmount /system, /sdcard, and /data, then run these commands to check whether there's filesystem corruption:
Code:
e2fsck -n -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p35
e2fsck -n -f /dev/block/mmcblk0p37

(You can use the built-in shell to run the commends, or use the ADB shell.)