[Q] Fire TV vs Mini android box/stick/dongle with RK3188/RK3288

Search This thread

cell128

Oct 4, 2008
Lomita,CA
I got the firetv yesterday. Rooted and all that. But I really miss the ease of stock android navigation from my imitto mx2. Its a pain to launch sideloaded apps from settings. Is there anyway to ad them to the main launcher? I may return the fitetv it wouldn't even connect to my Netflix. Kept saying choose anulother video on everything

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

rbox

Recognized Developer
Apr 22, 2011
I got the firetv yesterday. Rooted and all that. But I really miss the ease of stock android navigation from my imitto mx2. Its a pain to launch sideloaded apps from settings. Is there anyway to ad them to the main launcher? I may return the fitetv it wouldn't even connect to my Netflix. Kept saying choose anulother video on everything

I was at one point working on a mod to the launcher to give you a proper app listing ala the app drawer on a regular android device. It basically replaced the Apps menu with the app listing. Unfortunately other projects did take over. Once I get the whole recovery thing sorted out I may work on it some more.

Reactions: to0

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well you know what they say... you get what you pay for. This is cheap Chinese crap made with cheap Chinese garbage processors.

I was at one point working on a mod to the launcher to give you a proper app listing ala the app drawer on a regular android device. It basically replaced the Apps menu with the app listing. Unfortunately other projects did take over. Once I get the whole recovery thing sorted out I may work on it some more.