Gta vice city

Search This thread

IamPro

Dec 2, 2010
Wtf, why I can't I get it on my Verizon Note 2... someone should ask them:mad:

james33440

Sep 6, 2007
I downloaded the data/obb portion and then pasted it, then installed the apk, but now it goes to a black screen?

Do I have to change the build.prop?

EDIT: Did everything and even changed the build.prop, but no go.

I didn't modify anything. Stock rom just rooted

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda app-developers app

sabbirad786

Dec 9, 2012
Im on 4.1.1
And it tells me its not compatible.

Do u have it on ur note ii

Sent from my SPH-L900 using xda premium

twanskys204

Inactive Recognized Themer
Aug 5, 2012
winnipeg
×××some ppl×××

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1358315234064.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1358315234064.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 616

JesusBuiltMyDeathstar

Jan 20, 2013
This is the response I received from R×....

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with GTA: Vice City Mobile.

We are currently investigating reports where some otherwise supported devices are not showing up as available on the Google Play Store. In some cases, when we submit the supported device models to Google, we are unaware that there are other "identical" devices with separate serial numbers, so those may inadvertently left out. Often these issues occur when an international version of a device, or a specific carrier's version of a supported device carry a different serial number, so are considered to be unsupported devices as far as downloads go.

The most common occurrences seem to be on a few specific models of the Galaxy Note 2 and Toshiba Thrive, but there are a few others as well.

Our intention is to make the game available to as many players as possible, and we are actively working to correct these issues as they arise.

If you are attempting to download the game, and are being told that the game is not available for your device, please first check your device against the list of currently officially supported devices. This list can be found at the following:

http://support.rockstargames.com/en...sary-edition-list-of-supported-mobile-devices

Additionally, we have gotten reports that a few specific model numbers of a few devices are showing up as unsupported in error. We are currently investigating this issue, and are working toward a resolution.

More information can be found at the following:

http://support.rockstargames.com/en...ice-city-on-certain-supported-android-devices

If your device is on the list of officially supported devices for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but the Google Play Store is notifying you that your device is in fact not supported, please provide us with the following information:

Device Manufacturer and Name

Exact model number of your device (usually found underneath the battery)

Region from which you are attempting to download the game

Device carrier

Once we receive this information, we will pass it along to our technicians to investigate.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and hopefully your device will be cleared for download soon. If you would like automatic updates as we add new devices, please log into the support site and click "subscribe" on the above article.

If there is anything else that we can do for you, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to respond directly to this ticket.

Best Regards,
RockStar

Reactions: lovekeiiy
G

GuestK00464

Gr8 game...... I love the rockstar for making it available for non-tegra devices as well....... Waiting for san andreas with better graphics:):)

I hate my X and love my Next.......... Conditions apply*

I still can't believe I can't download this from Google Play. I just extracted the app from my ASUS TF700T tablet using ES Explorer. Side loaded onto the GN2. It installed, and downloaded the extra game into with no issues. The game fired up just fine. It's version 1.03 (13).

I send Rockstar a support item ticket to advise. Last information they gave on it was back on January 14, 2013, which is what three post above is.

Holy bat turds I wanted to smack Rockstar's support. I emailed them to let them know the game was working on the device and that I just used an APK I extracted from my Android tablet It's responses like this I get that tick me off because it's like no one read it at all. This may be the case and computer scanned it, saw key words and spit out a response.

Part of it was to do them favor. More, so I don't have to side load the app for every update since I can't link it to Google Play.

botmann
May 27 03:33 am

I just wanted to advise that GTAVC is still not showing as a compatiable device for Sprint Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900) in Google Play. Yet the game runs fine on the device.

In fact, I purchased the game for my ASUS Infinity Pad (TF700T) 10" android tablet. I installed that game on that device. Proceeded to extract the game (1.03(13)) via ES File Explorer. Side Loaded the game onto the Sprint Galaxy Note 2. It installed fine. Game downloaded the extra data needed. I was able to start the game without issue.

Just in case.
Phone: Sprint Galaxy Note 2 (SPH-L900)
Carrier: Sprint
Region: USA/North America
Order number: [removed order number]
Order date: May 3, 2013 7:05:04 AM PDT

Obviously, I'm bewildered how, at least from the consumer, there has been no change or status update since the 1/14/13 support posting (http://support.rockstargames.com/en...ice-City-on-certain-supported-Android-devices).

Thanks for your help and time in this manner. Have a nice day,

[my name removed]

====================================

Comments
Domenico C Rockstar Support
Hello,

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. We are sorry to hear that you are having issues with GTA: Vice City Mobile.

Due to the number of devices currently on the market, it is difficult to verify the compatibility of all devices. We are currently in the process of testing new devices, and will make GTA Vice City available for download to these devices when testing confirms proper compatibility.

We will pass the details of your device along to our technicians to investigate. While we can not guarantee compatibility, we would like to make the game available to as many players as possible, so rest assured, we are doing everything we can to provide compatibility for as many devices as possible.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and hopefully your device will be cleared for download soon. If you would like automatic updates as we add new devices, please log into the support site and click "subscribe" on the following article:
http://support.rockstargames.com/en...sary-edition-list-of-supported-mobile-devices

If there is anything else that we can do for you, or if you have any other questions, please feel free to respond directly to this ticket.

Best Regards,
Domenico

May 30, 2013 07:34 am

====================================

botmann
Thank you for the reply. Unfortunately, I must have written what I was trying to express well.

If you saw the link I gave, which is from Rockstar's Support Blog, it discussed how some devices were listed as supported such as the Galaxy Note 2, but were not like the Sprint variant of the Galaxy Note 2.

What I was trying to say was the GTAVC mobile does in fact work on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2. I had downloaded the game on different Android device, extracted the APK, and side loaded and installed it on my Sprint Galaxy Note 2. When I opened the game on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2, it proceeded to download the 1.2 gigabytes of data needed for the game. I then open the game and appeared to run fine. Since then, I have played about an hour of the game using sync PS3 controller with no issues.

Even though the game works fine on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2, the Google Play store still shows the game incompatible (through a web browser) or not listed (on the device). And the last information on this situation from Rockstar was back on January 14, 2013 (the link I provided). Given five months has passed, I would assume there would have been further updates and able to download the game directly from Google Play on the Sprint Galaxy Note 2.

Thus, I'm not have issues with the game running. Just more a factor of inconvenience with getting the game onto my Sprint Galaxy Note 2.

Thank you for your time and hlep on this matter. Have a nice day,

[my name removed]
May 30, 2013 02:31 pm

got another reply At least this one made sense to what I wrote.
Domenico C, May 31 02:20 pm (EDT):
Hello,

Thanks for the clarification. Probably the phone is not recognized as a supported one and hence doesn't allow you to download it.
Even though the phones are the same model they have a different model number.
I forwarded your details to our team for a further investigation.
Unfortunately I don't have a time-line and I don't know when the Sprint device will be recognized as supported but we are working hard to extend the compatibility on as many devices as possible.
Hopefully the device will be added soon.
We really appreciate your collaboration.

Best Regards,
Domenico

GTAVC game save file location

I don't know about everyone else, I tend to flash new roms here and there; I know there are flashholics, which is not quite me. Anyway, Titanium Backup was backing up the app, but not the game save from what I could tell. I get tired having to restart.

Anyway, the save game file location is at Android/com.rockstargames.gtavc/ There are three files; maybe more if there are more than game save. You may need to start a new game, and then copy your old save for it to work right.

This also applies to GTA3, but the location is Android/com.rockstar.gta3

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Im on 4.1.1
    And it tells me its not compatible.

Do u have it on ur note ii

I'm on 4.1.2 as well and I've had no issues either.

What tells you? If it's the market it's because Rockstar hasn't released a version compatible with our device yet. There's plenty of sites that host the the .apk + data with the xapk issue removed, root not necessary, just create an obb folder in android/data on your internal sdcard, paste the data portion in there (obb folder you created) and you're good to go....google it and you'll find it pretty fast.
    JFGI

Link maybe?

www.google.com

Seriously though, you're not gonna get the warez here.
    This is the response I received from R×....

Thank you for contacting Rockstar Support. I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with GTA: Vice City Mobile.

We are currently investigating reports where some otherwise supported devices are not showing up as available on the Google Play Store. In some cases, when we submit the supported device models to Google, we are unaware that there are other "identical" devices with separate serial numbers, so those may inadvertently left out. Often these issues occur when an international version of a device, or a specific carrier's version of a supported device carry a different serial number, so are considered to be unsupported devices as far as downloads go.

The most common occurrences seem to be on a few specific models of the Galaxy Note 2 and Toshiba Thrive, but there are a few others as well.

Our intention is to make the game available to as many players as possible, and we are actively working to correct these issues as they arise.

If you are attempting to download the game, and are being told that the game is not available for your device, please first check your device against the list of currently officially supported devices. This list can be found at the following:

Additionally, we have gotten reports that a few specific model numbers of a few devices are showing up as unsupported in error. We are currently investigating this issue, and are working toward a resolution.

More information can be found at the following:

http://support.rockstargames.com/en...ice-city-on-certain-supported-android-devices

If your device is on the list of officially supported devices for Grand Theft Auto: Vice City, but the Google Play Store is notifying you that your device is in fact not supported, please provide us with the following information:

Device Manufacturer and Name

Exact model number of your device (usually found underneath the battery)

Region from which you are attempting to download the game

Device carrier

Once we receive this information, we will pass it along to our technicians to investigate.

We apologize for the inconvenience that this has caused and hopefully your device will be cleared for download soon. If you would like automatic updates as we add new devices, please log into the support site and click "subscribe" on the above article.

Best Regards,
    RockStar