Warning: Camera Failed

Search This thread

Emporioo

Dec 9, 2009
Wigan
Well my S5 has been working flawlessly since I first bought it a couple of weeks ago but now I have the dreaded 'warning: camera failed' error whenever I try to go on the camera. I have tried battery pull/rebooting/freezing/clearing certain apps but no dice.

Hopefully this isn't a sign of things to come with other S5's as I have seen there is already a lot of talk about it elsewhere online but mainly with the US Sprint variants. Admittedly I have been using mine quite extensively but my S4 didn't suffer from this problem and I used that heavily too.

Hope I don't have to send it back for a replacement as what a ballache! Plus I'm not sure I'll even be covered as I have rooted and installed a custom recovery so my knox is tripped lol. If they won't cover it I'll just try and reseat the flex cable for the camera sensor or even order a new part.

I will update the thread after I have tried a few more things... !

(Bought the phone from o2, UK, BTW)

P.S the phone is now running much hotter as well even when idle... I think it is hardware related! I haven't made any app changes or updates it seems to have just happened out of the blue.

EDIT: Flashed stock rom and factory reset. Still can't use the camera ... GRRRR!!!

Last edited:
Jun 6, 2012
Just to let you all know who are curious as to who is experiencing this fault, i have just recieved the dreaded warning. got my phone 3 days ago from carphone warehouse in plymouth uk, unlocked. seems a pretty widespread fault. mass recall????

dpwhitty11

Aug 15, 2010
Houston, TX
Everyone who has the hardware fault should post their seriel numbers so we can figure out which batch these phones are coming from.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

hemander

Feb 5, 2014
If there's this problem experiencing by lot of people, is there any way to fix this?

Emporioo

Dec 9, 2009
Wigan
Hey guys just a quick update o2 wasn't able to fix my phone so sent me a brand new one instead :D fingers crossed it was just a bad phone and won't happen again :good:

riso123

Dec 3, 2010
I've got a slightly different problem. Mine says recording failed, but I can take pictures.

I'm wondering if I removed something I shouldn't have with titanium backup though... I hope anyway...

Sent from my SM-G900F using XDA Free mobile app

daoom

Mar 28, 2008
Montreal
I had "Warning Camera Failed" problem on my SM-G900SW (S5 in Canada), along with some other weird problems.

After reading an announcement from Samsung that the problem is ROM related download the stack image for my device/provider from Samfirmware and re-flashed the phone.

The problem went away, and so did some other issues.