[Q] Failed recording calls

Search This thread

ehud83

Jun 6, 2012
Netanya
Hi!

I have S3 mini, I8190, pre-rooted stock rom I8190XXAMG1.

In the past I managed to record calls using "RMC: Record My Call" application. But, in the past few months I found out that the application doesn't record at all - it always fails. After I reboot my phone it records calls and at some point it stops doing that. I can't say if it's number of calls or time after boot dependent.

Screenshot_2014-07-01-22-35-14.png

Screenshot_2014-07-01-22-35-17.png

I tried several applications instead - still no success: they all fail to record. Some of them give an error and some just not recording at all, without and messages. In all application I tried changing the settings, trying every possible combination.

In the past few days I tried the "SecPhone.apk" hack. No difference, it works exactly as "Record My Call" does.

Does anyone facing/faced this problem before and can advise what to do? How to solve this issue?

I forget to mention that I also tried resetting the phone to manufacture default settings - no change..

Thanks!
ehud83

Last edited:
Hi!
Since I'm not familiar with it, can you please give more info about it: what is this app? where can I download it from? etc....

Thanks!

Well, you can get the app itself from Google. Just search "xposed installer apk download" and install it on your device. Then go into the Xposed app and tap on framework tab. After that click install/update and restart your phone. When it boots up, you'll have enabled xposed :)
Now again inside the xposed app tap on download tab and use the search button in the top right corner and search for "call recording", install the module, go in modules tab, enable it by ticking the box next to its name and again reboot the phone. When it starts up again and you receive a call, you'll have the option to record it when you answer it:D

Also it's worth checking out all available xposed modules when you have some free time. To see them all just tap on download tab in xposed app and explore what each module does and download the ones you like, install them, go to modules tab, tick the little black box on the left of the module's name and reboot.

Remember : Each time you install a xposed module, you MUST enable it in modules tab and you MUST restart your device for changes to take effect.

Press the "Thanks" button if I helped even a little bit :D

Sent from my " Black Beauty " using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Reactions: ehud83
Cool!
But as written at first, I already tried this hack by myself.
I do like this Xpose app!

I saw your screenshots, but I thought that the app you were using was broken or something. That's why I suggested this module. Sry that I couldn't help out, but hey - now you have xposed :)

ehud83

Jun 6, 2012
Netanya
Found a solution!

The app CallRecorder by skvalex does the job, even with bluetooth device connected!
I tried the trial for 5 days, and it's doing an excellent job - both side are perfectly sound!
Definitely worth the money.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi!
    Since I'm not familiar with it, can you please give more info about it: what is this app? where can I download it from? etc....

Thanks!

Well, you can get the app itself from Google. Just search "xposed installer apk download" and install it on your device. Then go into the Xposed app and tap on framework tab. After that click install/update and restart your phone. When it boots up, you'll have enabled xposed :)
    Now again inside the xposed app tap on download tab and use the search button in the top right corner and search for "call recording", install the module, go in modules tab, enable it by ticking the box next to its name and again reboot the phone. When it starts up again and you receive a call, you'll have the option to record it when you answer it:D

Also it's worth checking out all available xposed modules when you have some free time. To see them all just tap on download tab in xposed app and explore what each module does and download the ones you like, install them, go to modules tab, tick the little black box on the left of the module's name and reboot.

Remember : Each time you install a xposed module, you MUST enable it in modules tab and you MUST restart your device for changes to take effect.

Press the "Thanks" button if I helped even a little bit :D