[BUILD] **Complete FroYo Bundle** FRX07.1 - Maintenance Release

Search This thread

feroci

Feb 28, 2005
Hi all,
I have a htc pro 2 Gsm version.
With this Rom Can I video call?
With Skype and GSM network (cam front) ?
Thanks thanks thanks

arrrghhh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 10, 2007
Hi all,
I have a htc pro 2 Gsm version.
With this Rom Can I video call?
With Skype and GSM network (cam front) ?
Thanks thanks thanks

No, you cannot. The front camera does not work, sorry.

There are several GSM variants of our beloved Rhodium, and only one has the front facing cam - the RHOD100. The 110 might, but AFAIK that's basically the same device for Australia.

Not sure if the front cam will ever work, unless someone with a RHOD100 figures out what's missing ;).

feroci

Feb 28, 2005
I can try to install it.
If you want I can send the log for decipher the problem with the cam (donate must)

poizzon ivy

Oct 14, 2007
Hi ... can someone please post the link to the latest version of android for HTC ToUCH PRO 2 please ... I really do not want to go scaling back through hundreds of pages ... I would realllllly appreciate it ... TIA ;)

(the one that works with DUAL BOOT and u run off ur memory card)

fishingmedic

Apr 6, 2009
CT
Hi ... can someone please post the link to the latest version of android for HTC ToUCH PRO 2 please ... I really do not want to go scaling back through hundreds of pages ... I would realllllly appreciate it ... TIA ;)

(the one that works with DUAL BOOT and u run off ur memory card)

Wow, your time must be so much more valuable than mine, especially with all you've given back to the community considering this is your second post.... How about this... you read at least the first few posts and grab the links from that (make sure you take your valuable time and read the FAQ's rather than ask the same questions that have already been answered), and then and only then, if you still have questions... ask them. Oh, and dual boot is NOT covered in this thread, do a search, you'll find your information and if you have questions on that topic, post them in that thread... Just FYI... you'll get a lot farther in life learning on your own rather than being spoon-fed the information and not having a clue what the heck you're doing. ;)

poizzon ivy

Oct 14, 2007
Was the smart comment really necessary though?
Gimme a break here!

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

If you didn't want to or couldn't be of assistance ... why didn't u just ignore the post?

I never said the DUAL BOOT was covered here ... I simply specified the version that I was looking for as I am aware there is a version that runs directly from the phone and not the memory card ... *rolleyes*

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
Was the smart comment really necessary though?
Gimme a break here!

---------- Post added at 01:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:52 PM ----------

If you didn't want to or couldn't be of assistance ... why didn't u just ignore the post?

I never said the DUAL BOOT was covered here ... I simply specified the version that I was looking for as I am aware there is a version that runs directly from the phone and not the memory card ... *rolleyes*

Please quit acting so entitled. Everything you need is in the first post, who said you needed to read hundreds of pages to get the most updated version?

Reactions: fishingmedic

shawndoc

Mar 7, 2008
Since the Bing app no longer does navigation, I've decided to try and use my phone solely as Android so I can use Google Navigation. Everything seems to be working fine, except I am getting issues with the phone not ringing when people call me.

Data switches from 3G to 1X when the phone should be ringing.

I have found that if I first call out, then my phone is much more likely to ring when someone calls me.

I am using the Sprint CDMA version.

I searched the thread, and there was mention that this was caused by a bug in RIL, and there was a fix to get the phone to mount an older version of RIL.

But I didn't see any follow up. Is that still the only fix, or is there a newer kernel somewhere they I should install that solves this? I used the "full bundle" download dated Sept 1 for my install.

Last edited:

shawndoc

Mar 7, 2008
AFAIK problems with incoming calls tends to just be your phone being busy. Try running fewer background apps.

I have none running besides the default. At its pretty flawless, you can watch the phone switch from 3G to 1X, which shows the phone is noticing the call, but it never rings. Make an outbound call, and then inbound calls ring like normal. The phone is not laggy or non-responsive when it is failing to ring.

Earlier in the thread (from Sep 21st) there were several people with this problem, and the work around mentioned above was used to solve the problem.

I'm just looking to see if this is solved in one of the newer kernels or if there's a better solution.

Last edited:

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007

CodaHighland

Feb 24, 2012
I... have never had problems with that and my WinMo isn't in airplane mode. >.> Am I just getting lucky? Or is this something fixed in GBX?

arrrghhh

Feb 10, 2007
I... have never had problems with that and my WinMo isn't in airplane mode. >.> Am I just getting lucky? Or is this something fixed in GBX?

Depends on the radio firmware it seems. Never a bad idea to boot with WinMo in Airplane Mode - that ensures that the radio is completely shut down before booting Android.

shawndoc

Mar 7, 2008
Hey Arrrghhh, is there a major reason to upgrade my rootfs or initrd beyond what is in the 7.1 complete package?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    FRX07.1 is here!!

This is a maintenance release - basically taking the newest components to make a completely up-to-date (as of Sept. 1).

Quite a lot has changed since FRX06 - the install process hasn't really, but be sure to read the changelog in the next post and the caveats in post #3!

<<<This is a link to the... FAQ Click it!!>>>​

I have created a complete bundle of FroYo with a stable kernel from GIT (August 19 / 1348), and rootfs from GIT (Sept. 2).

Please, feel free to DONATE to the XDAndroid project!

Every little bit helps!

Directions:

1. Download the full bundle (zip). (Updated September 1 2011)

If instead you just want the system.ext2 (zip) (Updated July 15 2011) file by itself... Don't download this if you're not sure! Grab the full bundle!

2. Extract it. You’ll see a folder, FRX07.1, copy its contents to the root of your SD card. If you want to run Android from a folder instead of all the files on the root of the card, follow the steps below.

3. Go into the STARTUPS folder. Grab the appropriate startup.txt for your device (if you don't know what device you have, you should read the FAQ), and move it to the root of the card (or where you run haret.exe from. If you want to change the location of the build, put a rel_path= statement in the cmdline section of the startup.txt. Mine is located two folders deep on the SD, so my rel_path=Androids/TP2Ref)

4. Screen calibration - you have three choices:
    • Re-use an old ts-calibration file if you have it and you know it's good.
    • Download the ts-calibration.zip file and extract it to where you put the rest of the files (root of SD or in a folder - make sure it all stays together!)
    • Manually calibrate - boot with no ts-calibration file and watch the boot process - you'll be asked to hit 5 points to calibrate the screen. If you have issues calibrating, try an older kernel (1225 works well) Once you have the calibration file hold on to it (make 15 copies if it's a good one :p), reboot & go back to the newest kernel!

6. Run haret.exe.. Profit! :D

Let it settle out on the first boot. Many have reported they had to reboot basically because it was so slow - if you let it sit for about 10 mins so the media scanner can go thru everything, etc. it will be much more pleasurable experience. If you want adb in and watch the processes via top, you'll see why the phone seems so slow - there's lots of background processes cranking because this is the first boot ;).

Troubleshooting:
    Please read the... FAQ
    If you have any issues with the kernel, feel free to change it:
    There are some devices that are having issues with the newest kernels. Please see the kernel autobuild service to get archived kernels. Once you download a replacement kernel, go to where you run haret.exe from - remove your old zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz. Take the new zImage/modules-xxxxx.tar.gz and replace the old ones, same folder - where you run haret.exe from. Make sure the ‘zImage’ is named just that. Do not rename the modules file, do not extract it - should be in .tar.gz format.

See Incremental Updates for more information on updating the kernel and other components.

Random issues can often be solved by forcing the system to create a new data.img. If you're worried about losing data (all user data is stored in the data.img!!), Titanium Backup works quite well. If you wish, you can rename the data.img to something else, and let the system create a new one - just to see if it resolves your problem.

Similarly, if you wish try formatting your SD card - I prefer to use the HP Tool - do a full format, FAT32.

Even though this build is considered fairly stable, you are more than likely going to run into issues. The next post will address issues particular to this build - PLEASE READ THESE before asking questions! Feel free to post questions in this thread, I will do my best to address them. Big thanks to stinebd for releasing the system image, and of course the other developers for their hard work on making these kernels available.
    stinebd's Changelog:

stinebd said:
    Here’s a new release for you, folks. This is a major release with a ton of changes, new features, and fixes. Our friend hyc/highlandsun did most of the heavy lifting for this release. Highlights include a rewritten RIL with support for world phones and greatly improved CDMA support; fixes for the media codecs; fixes for MMS on Sprint; increased security with the Superuser app.

A list of changes is included below. The FRX07 system image is available for download now, and will require the use of a new rootfs image, also available now. Additionally, we have a new bundle containing everything needed to enjoy a full FRX07 system.

Note: Due to the incredibly long list of changes, this is a somewhat condensed, terse changelog describing only the overall scope of the changes.

FRX07:
    • frameworks/base:
      • Major frameworks changes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
      • Fixes for data connection handling to improve startup time. (hyc)
      • Fixes for wifi handling to avoid issues on hanged drivers. (hyc)
      • Stagefreight (media codecs) fixes. (hyc/viruscrazy)
      • Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
      • Fix MediaScanner not finding audio files (including ringtones) in system.ext2
    • hardware/libhardware_legacy:
      • Minor GPS driver fixes. (Alex[sp3dev])
      • Rename wifi interfaces to wlan0 on all devices (hyc)
    • hardware/xdandroid-ril: Major RIL refactoring for improved performance on all devices, and added CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Gallery3D: Switched back to Gallery3D as the gallery app (closes bug #111)
    • packages/apps/Mms: Fixes for Sprint’s wonky MMS markup structure. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Phone: Fixes for CDMA/GSM dual-mode worldphone support. (hyc)
    • packages/apps/Superuser: Added the Superuser package for authorizing su privileges. This, along with our signed builds, provides greatly increased security for the end user (mostly against malicious apps from the Market).
    • system/extras/su: Added as a dependency for the Superuser package
    • vendor/qcom/android-open: Include missing stagefright codec symbols. (hyc/viruscrazy)

To coincide with the FRX07 system image, the following rootfs changes have been made:
    • init.froyo.rc modifications...
      • Adjust wpa_supplicant service for the new abstraction provided by libhardware_legacy, as well as interface rename
      • Abstract the hciattach service to provide bluetooth support on both chipsets
    • Rename wifi interface to wlan0 on all devices
    • apns-conf.xml updated
    • keymaps completely reorganized, and RHOD end-call key has been remapped to be the Home key in Android.
    • default.prop: set ro.secure=1 to lock down the adb shell - su can be used with the Superuser app to authorize root access in adb if needed.
    Layman's Changelog​

(As in, the changelog I wrote :p)​

FRX07.1 Changelog:

• RHOD - all buttons on the front no longer wake the device. Only the power button wakes the device now.
    • Updated to the newest RIL
    • hyc's modified libs for video now baked in - *most* HQ YouTube videos (and other HQ videos) should finally work!
    • RHOD & TOPA - Userland (Android) now controls the LED by default now. If you need to debug sleep, you will have to change the behavior manually. See Detule's post on this topic.
    • Facebook sync should now work, out-of-box.

FRX07 Changelog:
    • Updated RIL (thanks hyc!) - this covers many different bugs that were in the old RIL - I'm only going to cover the major ones...
      • CDMA now works correctly (for the most part). force_cdma (and north_am_dialing) is now deprecated (not needed/ignored!)
      • You can boot with a SIM in on a CDMA device and choose your GSM or CDMA on the fly under Settings.
      • Location based on towers now works on CDMA.
      • 1xRTT now displays correctly, but I never seem to get EVDO Rev.a... I always get 0. This is represented by a 3g icon, as this is what the Android framework provides.
      • Full MMS support! Please see this page for configuration instructions. Will need help fleshing out the list of carriers folks!
      • Spotty service, switching towers, etc should no longer cause the dreaded SoD (Sleep of Death) condition!
    • (Basic audio) 3.5mm support for RHOD400/500
    • Droidwall works out of the box now
    • Keyboard backlight now fades in/out
    • Gallery3D back in! Picasa Web Sync comes with it ;)
    • A couple new apps added to AndroidApps folder:
      • rpierce99's app GetLogs
      • Titanium Backup
    Yay! No more "when is FRX07 coming out?" posts!

And to that effect, I would like to personally apologize to everyone for how long it took. Life has been crazy busy the past couple months. Hopefully we'll get GRX01 out in a more timely manner. :D
    Caveats:

• BT - works now! But audio doesn't route. See this thread if you're feeling adventurous and want to play with/don't mind using some unstable/incomplete code...
      NOTE: BT must be disabled in WinMo before booting Android or else you'll run into all sorts of odd issues...
    • WEP on wifi doesn't work. I heard an app called 'wifi-ace' (on the Market) fixes WEP!
    • If auto-brightness is enabled, the keyboard/button lights will fail at random. See this post for more scant details :p.