Search This thread

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
Hey guys, so I just flashed MIUI V5 from this week and it worked like a charm, but then I tried updating to the .17 update that came out today, and it seemd to flash perfectly, but then my device rebooted and now it is stuck in a recovery bootloop, always boots to recovery, tried changing recoveries, wiping cache, data and dalvik and nothing so far.

I may be able to fix by just flashing a KDZ, but then ill loose all my data, do you guy know of any other solutions :/? Thanks

Info:

Model- E977
MIUI V5 official ported rom .16 android 4.4 release
Unlocked through Mako method
Philz touch official latest.

arpit85

Jun 15, 2008
Bangkok
Hey guys, so I just flashed MIUI V5 from this week and it worked like a charm, but then I tried updating to the .17 update that came out today, and it seemd to flash perfectly, but then my device rebooted and now it is stuck in a recovery bootloop, always boots to recovery, tried changing recoveries, wiping cache, data and dalvik and nothing so far.

I may be able to fix by just flashing a KDZ, but then ill loose all my data, do you guy know of any other solutions :/? Thanks

Info:

Model- E977
Same thing happened to me, i think kdz is the only way out. I didn't get to see the files and changes on 4.8.17 zip i thought it was unsigned and may had some other problems.

Reactions: Galileo

artit

Aug 17, 2011
Pathumthani

Info:

Model- E977

Did you try to flash 4.8.16 or others working rom again.

ringo87

May 19, 2014
Happened to me last saturday. The only solution i did was to flash kdz. Im now using Ariti Miui. I guess it was fixed already in Miui site but i will not flash it again it may give me a bootloop again! :D :good:

arpit85

Jun 15, 2008
Bangkok
WTF patch (4.8.17) will delete recovery.img??? (Updater script)

18721585af6767ec169df7aa91a34760.jpg

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
That is only recovery.img file. It isn't recovery partition. But I wander what it did with recovery.img. Maybe that is the reason why you got recovery boot loop.

Yup, Kdz was the only solution for me, spent the day learning how to use ADB to pull out all my files, I think i recovered the most important stuff, and picked up a little bit of adb knowledge so all good, never had a good experience with MIUI Ota`s tho, only manual flashing from now on:p

nayneshdev

Oct 25, 2011
Surat
Yup, Kdz was the only solution for me, spent the day learning how to use ADB to pull out all my files, I think i recovered the most important stuff, and picked up a little bit of adb knowledge so all good, never had a good experience with MIUI Ota`s tho, only manual flashing from now on:p

Had just now done that bootloop. stuck. wtf. Tell me two things how do i adb pull in recovery step by step please. and second a good tutorial for a first time kdz flash. please help..>?

akahroba

Feb 13, 2014
the same happened to me and I flashed kdz to fix it. It doesn't flash correctly I saw status 7 error.

Galileo

Aug 13, 2010
Had just now done that bootloop. stuck. wtf. Tell me two things how do i adb pull in recovery step by step please. and second a good tutorial for a first time kdz flash. please help..>?

Alright, first, do you know what ADB is? If not watch this: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MVXX-YdhRU0

The command to pull stuff from the phone is: adb pull "Directory you want to pull"

For example: adb pull /sdcard/

That should pull out everything in the internal storage to the adb folder.

It is mostly about logic, so after a few times of screwing up your phone and a few hours playing with commands and such you'll get used to it.

huy_gm

May 27, 2012
Sai Gon
Today we got v 8.21. I wonder if the error still exist :( I'm about to update now, will report soon.

Edit: still recovery boot loop. Don't even try to update. Or you'll end up kdz the whole thing.

Edit: Anyone knows how to report to developer of the rom?

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Here a good tutorial in flashing KDZ. Hope it helps.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2625044

Info:

Model- E977
    Same thing happened to me, i think kdz is the only way out. I didn't get to see the files and changes on 4.8.17 zip i thought it was unsigned and may had some other problems.

Info:

Model- E977

Other working roms even nandroid backup won't work.
    Happened to me last saturday. The only solution i did was to flash kdz. Im now using Ariti Miui. I guess it was fixed already in Miui site but i will not flash it again it may give me a bootloop again! :D :good: