Android VS iOS The Truth about Apple and Google's OS **Complete Series**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

mistermentality

Sep 13, 2010
Pontypridd
www.google.com
I think vnvman said it best in that you grow accustomed to the lag to the point that it almost doesn't exist to you. I power on a gs2bnib or with a fresh rom on it and it's a repeated curbstomp after growing accustomed to wp7.

I've had non android users use my phone and love it, one had heard android was slow so wanted to see how slow and said he couldn't see the problem.

You can say its just us android users getting used to lag but if that is the case what about ios users who have switched to android and love it?

Why is it if an android user says its not lagging some people say its just we have got used to it? No offence but the ui of a modern decent android really isn't the lag fest some seem to claim it is.

Dave

( http://www.google.com/producer/editions/CAownKXmAQ/bigfatuniverse )

Sent from my LG P920 using Tapatalk

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
In terms of hardware acceleration, the gs2 is still as good as it gets and that's still slow when compared to wp7 or iOS. Brand new out of the box gs2 lagged too much for me, same when I flashed the cleanest ics rom on it. It's just an ill-optimized OS.

Dorilife

Jan 25, 2011
Fajardo,PR
In terms of hardware acceleration, the gs2 is still as good as it gets and that's still slow when compared to wp7 or iOS. Brand new out of the box gs2 lagged too much for me, same when I flashed the cleanest ics rom on it. It's just an ill-optimized OS.

I do agree on WP7 being smoother than Android, smoother to me than iOS also.

Don't get me wrong..I prefer Android but I admit that out of the box..WP7 is a better OS than both Android and iOS.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
Out of the box? Thats highly subjective.

For example when I had my HD7, when I first got it, out of the box was just horrible. I had to unlock it just to change search providers and get more theme colors, ringtones etc...

masondoctorjt

Apr 18, 2010
LG V60 ThinQ
Thus is funny. When I first used android I felt no lag. It was only once I got used to it that I ever thought I noticed lag, but seriously, how can you base the quality of an os on how many frames per second it can scroll homescreens? That is silly. The true quality of an os, is all the other things it can do, like displaying live widgets and wallpaper all while keeping you're apps ruining in the background while scrolling the screens. Or playing a flash video when one appears. I can deal with a millisecond of so called lag when I'm streaming music from my phone to my stereo via WiFi while surfing the internet, playing draw something, and getting directions to somewhere in Google maps, all while posting on XDA:)

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA

Reactions: phonehunter59

UndisputedGuy

Dec 13, 2011
Bump for Part 5 and final episode, I appreciate all of the positive feedback you guys gave and was the reason why I decided to finish the series. Thanks again to XDA community and the awesome (most of them) members that it has. :D Please share these videos with everyone!

IPad is the best tablet? What about the Asus transformer 300/prime? That's what I'm planning to buy....
Or do people think the Dell inspiron duo is better?
Sent from my R800i using XDA

Last edited:

Tom-Helge

I can agree that iOS can feel smoother on some few thing over Android, but Samsung Galaxy S II runs circles around the iPhone 4S when it comes to pure power and on how fast it is to load things and that.

WP7 is also silky smooth, but that doesn't help when the WP7 OS isn't even near by a freaking 10000 mile radius to the functionality and the freedom Android have.

I'll rather have some micro stuttering some few times here and there on Android rather than being locked into a brutal failure jail where Apple controls you and your phone TOTALLY.

I see the potentional in WP8, but it's not quite yet there yet where Android is now.

Yes, i runs an Android 4.0.4 AOKP ROM on my Galaxy Note now as you can see in my signature. And nothing beats it when it comes to what that device can do and do with the S-Pen with such a ROM.

So the freedom to decide 100% over your own device and to have the good and handy functionality today on a smartphone like a Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note usually is way more important to have over an OS that just runs 3% smoother than Android.

EDIT: And don't even talk about that an iPhone 4 / 4S is sooooooo good for gaming. Because who in the freaking name of jesus wants to sit on a tiny small screen and do gaming?

That's like saying gaming on a 15-inch PC screen is cool and funny.

Last edited:

apollooff320

Jun 21, 2007
Toledo
I can agree that iOS can feel smoother on some few thing over Android, but Samsung Galaxy S II runs circles around the iPhone 4S when it comes to pure power and on how fast it is to load things and that.

WP7 is also silky smooth, but that doesn't help when the WP7 OS isn't even near by a freaking 10000 mile radius to the functionality and the freedom Android have.

I'll rather have some micro stuttering some few times here and there on Android rather than being locked into a brutal failure jail where Apple controls you and your phone TOTALLY.

I see the potentional in WP8, but it's not quite yet there yet where Android is now.

Yes, i runs an Android 4.0.4 AOKP ROM on my Galaxy Note now as you can see in my signature. And nothing beats it when it comes to what that device can do and do with the S-Pen with such a ROM.

So the freedom to decide 100% over your own device and to have the good and handy functionality today on a smartphone like a Samsung Galaxy S II and Galaxy Note usually is way more important to have over an OS that just runs 3% smoother than Android.

EDIT: And don't even talk about that an iPhone 4 / 4S is sooooooo good for gaming. Because who in the freaking name of jesus wants to sit on a tiny small screen and do gaming?

That's like saying gaming on a 15-inch PC screen is cool and funny.

well ppl are buying ipods and iphones for gaming so it has to be good. Look at all the games IOS has compared to Android. Android can't even touch the amount of games and quality of the games IOS has.

zanderman112

Oct 6, 2010
SouthEast USA
www.twitter.com

I still disagree. But I've come to the point where I'd like to agree to disagree with ya :)

All in all. No OS out there is perfect for everybody. Android if full of choice, iOS is for the direct support/maintenance, and WP7....is for people who like Microsoft :) no no jkjk. Don't take that last part seriously lol.

~E.R.A.

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
Who wants to game on a 4.3 inch screen? It's truly not much better but I enjoy both. Android has nothing I envy aside from the ability to torrent, iOS has games. Fortunately, Nokia is helping there.

Tom-Helge

Who wants to game on a 4.3 inch screen? It's truly not much better but I enjoy both. Android has nothing I envy aside from the ability to torrent, iOS has games. Fortunately, Nokia is helping there.

But try gaming on a 5.3 inch screen instead then. The experience you get by playing games on a Galaxy Note is like a dream has come true compared to what you get from an iPhone.

0.8 more inches from iPhone 4S to Galaxy S II is something you WILL see a BIG difference on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using XDA Premium app

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
But try gaming on a 5.3 inch screen instead then. The experience you get by playing games on a Galaxy Note is like a dream has come true compared to what you get from an iPhone.

0.8 more inches from iPhone 4S to Galaxy S II is something you WILL see a BIG difference on.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Note using XDA Premium app

played on both, iPhone is better. Slightly bigger size doesn't compensate for lesser quality.

vetvito

Dec 31, 2007
You guys are feeding a known troll, regardless of what you say, he will say the opposite.

He says Nokia is helping in the gaming department but he doesnt mention that those are very old games and still will be played on a 4.3 inch screen, but then he says the iphone is better, although gaming on a 4.3 is bad he rather play on a 3.5.

Don't feed the guy, he will just say the exact opposite.

Reactions: telep

z33dev33l

Oct 17, 2008
Austin, TX
You guys are feeding a known troll, regardless of what you say, he will say the opposite.

He says Nokia is helping in the gaming department but he doesnt mention that those are very old games and still will be played on a 4.3 inch screen, but then he says the iphone is better, although gaming on a 4.3 is bad he rather play on a 3.5.

It's a cell phone, I don't expect a fully fleshed out MMO. Something like Infinity Blade would be nice, but most other good apps and games are EA which Nokia struck a deal with. As a whole, I game on the 3.7 inch screen of the 800 more than my daily driver the 900, it's easier to hold for games like dodonpachi max and the curved glass just feels better. The size of the screen is almost invalid when compared to the quality of the game. I never said gaming on a 3.5 was better, just that it's not a definitive enough difference to sell over game quality.

telep

Dec 27, 2009
Novi Sad

I know that iOS and Android fanboys are sometimes irational, but god damn WP fanboys are delusional most of the time.

Last edited:

dissizitt

May 28, 2011
"Apples and Oranges"

To each of its own. I've been on ios for awhile but recently switched to android and so far so good...I love how you can customize every way possible. I have to says IOS is very friendly compared to Android IMO

D

Deleted member 4571279

You re the best man keep goinng. i watched all your videos ther awesome!!!

chaki-

Apr 3, 2012
Banana Paradise
It's a cell phone, I don't expect a fully fleshed out MMO. Something like Infinity Blade would be nice, but most other good apps and games are EA which Nokia struck a deal with. As a whole, I game on the 3.7 inch screen of the 800 more than my daily driver the 900, it's easier to hold for games like dodonpachi max and the curved glass just feels better. The size of the screen is almost invalid when compared to the quality of the game. I never said gaming on a 3.5 was better, just that it's not a definitive enough difference to sell over game quality.

I for example don't play heavy games. I like bowling, chess, angry birds etc. And i am tellin ya, it is an amazing pleasure to play them on 4,7 inch screen! You say quality....what quality on 3,5 inch man? If you wanna quality go and hit it hard on 40 inch plasma :D
It is not about the gaming. It is the user expirience. If i can make whatever i want with it, it's awsome. Lag is hardly to see on the device what so ever.
But hey, that's your choice and if you are happy that's fine. Don't troll arround and pull the leg of the lion hahahahahaha :D:D:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    So I was going to do a 6 part mini series but due to time things are on hold. However, I decided to at least get things rolling. Depending on the feedback I get I will either complete or scrap the project. Anyhow, next time this argument comes around Android VS iOS just post this video. Believe me, this was just the beginning of something really big!

Part 1

Part 2

Part 3

Part 4

Part 5

**BONUS FAQ SESSION**

Bump for Part 5 and final episode, I appreciate all of the positive feedback you guys gave and was the reason why I decided to finish the series. Thanks again to XDA community and the awesome (most of them) members that it has. :D Please share these videos with everyone!
    Ok, I'll admit I didn't read the whole thing yet, but my hands are begging to start writing my take on this matter:

iPhones are shiny, and people have been brain-washed to believe they are the superior product without questioning whether this is true or not...

My parents are definitely above average when using computers, but when it comes to phones they've never had anything fancier than one of those old nokias that could just make calls and perhaps text...

I first switched my mum to a "futuristic" touchscreen phone, that she ended up loving! now, before she decided of her own volition to buy a Samsung Galaxy S, I had her try a relative's iPhone to see if she would prefer it over android... I asked her to switch on the wifi... let's just say I had to cut the quest short due to her eyes turning red with rage...
    Then she decided to open her own website (that I created) on safari that has a nice flash banner at the top, and the browser displayed a funny icon were that was supposed to be...
    She gave up and vowed never to use a touchscreen device ever again... then I showed her android... well the rest of it should be clear by now! :D

It was my mum that convinced my dad to switch to android :eek:

Well to keep this short, they now do everything with it, with ease and definitely without hating their phones... they even install new apps on their own (one day, out of the blue, I received a Viber call from my dad :-| )

Here's my list of what I believe people are missing out by having an iphone:

• Can't save files on it, everything has to be done either online or via iTunes (I shan't get started on that, I could never end...) It even lacks a microSD slot... even my microwave has a microSD slot, nowadays! (not really, just to make a point)
    • No swappable battery... I currently have an SGS2 with 2 batteries and a dock to charge both at the same time... so I can go for more than a day without worrying my battery will die!
    • No customisation whatsoever - it being different ringtones for every app, different launchers or preferred app to do tasks with like different dialer, sms, and especially the KEYBOARD!!! e.g.: I live in London and I'm on Three, the only company to provide a skype service that uses normal phone calls in Europe (I think Sprint does it over in the U.S.)! When I dial a number that isn't local, "skype on 3" pops out and asks me if I want to call using that instead... since I pay for a skype subscription for unlimited calls to all landlines in europe for £4 a month, I'd say it's well worth it!
    • No choice of phones: U either get the new iPhone, the slightly-older-with-no-real-improvement iPhone, and a yet older one... what if i want a physical keyboard? what if i want a bigger screen? what if I don't want to pay and absurd amount of money for a phone with technology that doesn't really warrant the price tag it has?
      With Android one has choice! want small? Sony Ericsson X-10 mini... want it with keyboard? X-10 mini pro! want a high end device with higher specs than the iPhone that still costs £100 less? Samsung Galaxy S3 or HTC One X... want something you can draw on? Samsung Galaxy Note! u get my point, right? (same goes for tablets... Asus EEE Pas Transformer serie and Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1)
    • No google integration... For instance, there is a gmail app for iPhone, but quite frankly it's just horrible... android has a BB messenger or apple's iMessage (or whatever it's called) too, it's called Google Talk! and it works even better, considering that u can use it on your computer IN A BROWSER just by going into your gmail! everything else just can't compare to that!
    • True, the iPhone's software design guideline have always been better, but now with ICS, android has caught up and surpassed! I mean, the iPhone's app design is still the same after years, at least Google make an effort to change! aaaanddd they don't try and make small things like "folders" sound like a magical revolution in your life!
    • No widgets! seriously?
    • and all this without having to jailbreak the phone!

I could go on, but by now I've lost sensitivity on the tips of my fingers... I guess I got quite carried away, but I'm passionate about these things! :cool:
    In my opinion iOS is better than android. I m a person who loves pretty things and everytime I look on my android i get sick of the design. Ok you can customize everything but you will never reach the design level of iOS.
    So my next mobile phone will be clearly an iphone.

There's a button on all android phones that'll make it look like iphone. It's called all apps. :p

Sent from my HTC Sensation XE with Beats Audio Z715e using xda premium
    Preferring Dolphin browser to Safari, do most really care? There's numerous other examples in the video.

Lack of ability to select your opener app does affect everyone, as do the inconsistency of the back button, lack of multitasking, increased number of steps to share data between apps, and "numerous other examples in the video" ;)

IPhone caters to the user, android gives you the option to cater to yourself which would be awesome but it requires a lot of searching and messing around.
    You forgot, in this browser metaphor, that both cater to the user. It's just that one gives the additional option of self-catering, while the other just goes "don't like our catering? deal with it or gtfo."

(Unless, of course, you aren't actually talking about the video content at all and are just back to your usual hijack-trolling, in which case gtfo.)

sent from my Terran Command Center.