[FIRMWARE][SM-T700] Galaxy Tab 8.4 (Wifi) T700XXU1ANF7 No-Wipe Factory Image

Search This thread

open1your1eyes0

Dec 13, 2010
New York City
This is the latest firmware (T700XXU1ANF7) as of June 29, 2014 for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (Wifi) model (SM-T700).

"No-Wipe" means your app data and storage will all stay 100% in tact. Only system mods, custom kernels, and root will be removed as you are flashing stock firmware.

Please feel free to use as you see fit.

Download: http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23501681358556680

Last edited:

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz

Dabolx

Mar 18, 2013
Kaunas
Is there any tool to extract system.img?

UPDATE:

I found a way how to do it.
I used sgs4ext4fs by Chainfire to modify system.img and after that Ext2explore to extract files from modified system.img .

Also if anyone is interested how to extract hidden.img, first you need to modify it with sgs4ext4fs and after that use sgs2toext4. Then you can open modified hidden.img with ext4_unpacker and extract files from it.

Last edited:

Yorgo1982

Oct 8, 2011
Montreal
Samsung Galaxy Z Fold 4

UPDATE:

I used sgs4ext4fs by Chainfire to modify system.img and after that Ext2explore to extract files from modified system.img .

Also if anyone is interested how to extract hidden.img, first you need to modify it with sgs4ext4fs and after that use sgs2toext4. Then you can open modified hidden.img with ext4_unpacker and extract files from it.

u did it on Windows or Linux? cause I want the system file extracted. can u send it to me please?

suzook

Jan 25, 2010

UPDATE:

Maybe you could repack it with root files to get root. There is a how to video on you tube. I would do it, but my linux machine is down.

will6316

Mar 11, 2008
Maybe you could repack it with root files to get root. There is a how to video on you tube. I would do it, but my linux machine is down.

Please don't coming from the one that said root is okay from the note 10.1 2014 edition. Root and profit. Sound familiar. You mean root and brick.

Reactions: qngds

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA

UPDATE:

well, we need some step by step instruction here :p
anyone able to extract system files??

toyanucci

May 28, 2010
OnePlus 9

UPDATE:

Chainfire needs recovery.img to make cf autoroot for us. Are u able to extract the recovery.img for the q0.5 as well as 8.4 so I can post it in the cf auto root thread so we can get root?

EMSpilot

Inactive Recognized Themer
May 31, 2012
Show Low
Zip

UPDATE:

Can you please zip extracted and provide a link!!

Thanks

jazzespresso

Jul 24, 2012
NYC-USA
No I am unable to extract and have done many in the past. It appears no one here has been successful either!!!

bare with me on that one since I tried too many different options, following worked for me - required files attached here (I ziped, so hopefully XDA did not blocked it)

This is for Windows PC:
1. Download sgs4ext4fs.exe, and download firmware, unzip firmware up until you see system.img.
2. Open command prompt (on windows, click start, type cmd) where system.img, and type

sgs4ext4fs --trim system.img systemt.img
........ > you will see bunch of ............., but wait until it finishes.

3. Once it finishes it creates systemt.img, get sgs2toext4.jar (save it to the same folder), and open sgs2toext4.jar, and drag and drop newly created systemt.img to the window (sgs2toext4.jar's window), wait until it finishes, when it finishes it will create systemt.ext4.img

4. Now last step, download ext2explore.exe, and open it, and go to file --> open image and pick systemt.ext4.img, it will show the img file there (on both side of window), on the left side, select the systemt.ext4.img (should be showing full path), right click your mouse, and select save to your desktop or any other folder location you pick.

Obviously, next step will be odexing everything:laugh:

Attachments

• Img_Extract.zip
    3.6 MB · Views: 168

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
How about a custom recovery .the build your own recovery with stock recovery.IMG leads to a http// 404 error online after it builds it.any of you smarter than me individuals know how to build a custom CWM/TWRP img ?

Nexus 5 via Tapatalk

jball

Jan 7, 2012
Amber
This is the latest firmware (T700XXU1ANF7) as of June 29, 2014 for the Galaxy Tab S 8.4 (Wifi) model (SM-T700).

"No-Wipe" means your app data and storage will all stay 100% in tact. Only system mods, custom kernels, and root will be removed as you are flashing stock firmware.

I actually needed this this morning and feel indebted to you cause the online so called Stock Firmwares lead to mad amount of bloat to my computer.
Thank you

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

No I am unable to extract and have done many in the past. It appears no one here has been successful either!!!

bare with me on that one since I tried too many different options, following worked for me - required files attached here (I ziped, so hopefully XDA did not blocked it)

This is for Windows PC:
    1. Download sgs4ext4fs.exe, and download firmware, unzip firmware up until you see system.img.
    2. Open command prompt (on windows, click start, type cmd) where system.img, and type

sgs4ext4fs --trim system.img systemt.img
    ........ > you will see bunch of ............., but wait until it finishes.

3. Once it finishes it creates systemt.img, get sgs2toext4.jar (save it to the same folder), and open sgs2toext4.jar, and drag and drop newly created systemt.img to the window (sgs2toext4.jar's window), wait until it finishes, when it finishes it will create systemt.ext4.img

4. Now last step, download ext2explore.exe, and open it, and go to file --> open image and pick systemt.ext4.img, it will show the img file there (on both side of window), on the left side, select the systemt.ext4.img (should be showing full path), right click your mouse, and select save to your desktop or any other folder location you pick.

Obviously, next step will be odexing everything:laugh:
    I am currently in firmware T700XXU1ANF7. Can I flash safely T700XXU1ANF9 with a CSC from an other country than mine ?

CSC is important only for phone, right ? Not for a wifi only tablet..

Please don't coming from the one that said root is okay from the note 10.1 2014 edition. Root and profit. Sound familiar. You mean root and brick.