HTC Diag Drivers Patched

Search This thread

Stovepipe

Apr 29, 2010
Altamonte Springs, FL
Hi, all...

After hours of searching, I finally decided to patch the diag drivers to include the HTC Zara (Desire 601). Any of you with the CDMA version may want to play with radio settings, etc.

To use this, unzip the file. Then, in an adb shell, type:

Code:
su
echo 1 > /sys/devices/virtual/android_usb/android0/f_diag/on

This got me into diag mode, and I could read the phone on the full version of CDMA workshop. I was trying to flash the phone to another carrier, but my settings for NV_ONLY wouldn't seem to stick.

It looks like a lot of settings are locked down now, so either a CDMA WS update will fix it, or someone with far more knowledge than me will have to actually patch the radio. :D

Credit to XDA User twistedumbrella for the adb shell command.

Enjoy....

-Duir-

Feb 13, 2012
California
OnePlus 6T
Hi, all...

After hours of searching, I finally decided to patch the diag drivers to include the HTC Zara (Desire 601). Any of you with the CDMA version may want to play with radio settings, etc.

Code:
su

This got me into diag mode, and I could read the phone on the full version of CDMA workshop. I was trying to flash the phone to another carrier, but my settings for NV_ONLY wouldn't seem to stick.

It looks like a lot of settings are locked down now, so either a CDMA WS update will fix it, or someone with far more knowledge than me will have to actually patch the radio. :D

Enjoy....

Is that command for getting into diag mode without the MSL or something? I had no problems using QPST or CDMA WS with the device as-is, didn't even have to install the diag drivers like with older devices. I think HTC sync installs them now, so you can just install sync for the drivers and then uninstall just the sync app.

Also, are those drivers 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you need your MSL, MSL Reader gets it quick and easy on this device and ##3424# opens diag mode.

Reactions: Hedied4me

Stovepipe

Apr 29, 2010
Altamonte Springs, FL
These are 32 Bit drivers.

I guess my original post was redundant.. the back story is that I was working on a nTelos Desire 601, which didn't have the ##3424# option. Having just acquired a VM Model, you're correct, 3424 does work.

Windoze still installed the diag driver I'd patched, so they still may be useful to some people. ;)

I'm gonna put this phone on PagePlus. :cool:

bunyan69

Jan 24, 2012
U have a Zaru_ul and would like to know if anybody has been able to unlock the AWS band on this phone, and if so what was the procedure? Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi, all...

Code:
    su

Enjoy....

Is that command for getting into diag mode without the MSL or something? I had no problems using QPST or CDMA WS with the device as-is, didn't even have to install the diag drivers like with older devices. I think HTC sync installs them now, so you can just install sync for the drivers and then uninstall just the sync app.

Also, are those drivers 32-bit or 64-bit?

If you need your MSL, MSL Reader gets it quick and easy on this device and ##3424# opens diag mode.