Shipped & Extracted Radio ROM 1.27.00.00

Search This thread

pof

Retired Moderator
Mar 18, 2005
Barcelona
pof.eslack.org
Thanks to the person who uploaded the Shipped radio to XDA-Dev ftp :)

Radio version 1.27.00.00 is available for the Hermes!

This radio has HTC_BOOT 0107, so it is "safe" to upgrade. We have it in two flavours:

1. Shipped upgrade (signed NBH file) containing only the radio, valid for:
    • HERM300 T-Mobile devices with CID starting with "T-MOB1"
    • SuperCID devices
    • NOTE: SuperCID (unlocked) devices with HTC_BOOT 0108 (for example SoftBank X01HT post Dec-2nd) must use bootloader SPL-1.09 to flash this radio!
    Download:
  2. Extracted upgrade (NBF file) valid for:
    • Hermes devices with bootloader 1.04 and HTC_BOOT (radio bootloader) version 0107.
    • Remember:
      - screen will show "Upgrade Radio Stack Please wait........."
      - after finishing flashing radio (about 15 min) you will see an "Upgrade Error", but the radio ROM will be flashed anyway.
    Download:

For more information see the extracted radio wiki page and information about radio ROMs.

As always, upgrade at your own risk!

Enjoy! ;)

cyberdrakula

Oct 24, 2005
New York
Thanks POF. This has improved my reception a bit. Gonna test this in other sports that I had spotty reception and see if this makes it better.

tol3

Apr 17, 2006
Testing on the new Radio ROM...

Does anyone knows if the Wi-Fi is related somehow to the Radio ROM? My old wizard somehow has a better reception.

sariel

Dec 5, 2006
I think that with this radio rom phone can faster logon to BTS when we turn phone on :)

regards

Sariel

zbee

Oct 25, 2006
I don't believe in official support.
Trinity users also don't get GPS from their providers but can happily use the GPS.

so dont waste bandwidth with a useless posts then...any way back on topic, for me i also get a better performance with this radio aswell

VivaErBetis

Nov 26, 2006
Madrid (Spain)
Any1 can confirm this?
The probles is this, posted by myself in http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=291297:
- But THE PROBLEM is that the data calls are broken in this ROM. I used direct Modem connection with my work (we got two 56k Modem waiting for incoming calls). It connects without apparently problems with the modem (maybe it takes more time than the older ROM) but the data interchange is very sloooooooow and suddenly it stops! The data call isn't dropped but it doesn't interchange data after two or three minutes of slooooooow interchange. Finally, if you close the call and tries to reconnect it can't!!!! WM5 says that an unknown error happens and can't be connected!!!!
After a soft reset you can connect again but it remains very sloooooow...

Fortunately I've switched back to the old and stable 1.20.31.10 ROM and everything works normal now (thank God!).
It's very easy to check. Seems to be a stability problem.

kamiru

Apr 28, 2005
Sorry, I have read the replies in other post!! anyway, thx for pof's reply. ^_^

Last edited: