No Native Email App? Huh?

Search This thread

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
My Note 3 has a very nice native email app but I can't seem to find it on the Tab 8.4. Tried using the one from the Note 3 but it crashes. The only email client that is built in seems to be Gmail.

What gives? First Samsung leaves out Screen Mode and now this. Why are they targeting the 8.4 to leave things out?

Anyone know where I can get a version of the Note 3 email .apk that I can use on the 8.4? Thanks.

pilmoore

Aug 21, 2012
My Note 3 has a very nice native email app but I can't seem to find it on the Tab 8.4. Tried using the one from the Note 3 but it crashes. The only email client that is built in seems to be Gmail.

What gives? First Samsung leaves out Screen Mode and now this. Why are they targeting the 8.4 to leave things out?

Anyone know where I can get a version of the Note 3 email .apk that I can use on the 8.4? Thanks.

You might want to check again. There is an email app from Samsung included on the 8.4.

mitchellvii

Jul 10, 2010
Charlotte, NC
www.executivedecision.biz
You might want to check again. There is an email app from Samsung included on the 8.4.

Yes you are correct. My bad on that.

Apparently when I flashed freeza's rom I did a full wipe first and deleted it. So I went back to my Nandroid of the stock setup and copied the SecEmail_Tablet.apk to my external SD card. I flashed freeza's rom without doing a full wipe but the Email app once again disappeared. I then placed the saved .apk in my system/app folder and rebooted. STILL no email app.

Not sure what I'm doing wrong here.