[DEV][CM9] Iconia ICS Project - New builds 8 July

Search This thread

Zatta

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
Dec 22, 2010
Sneek
Does flashing this zip mess with any of the following?

1. Internal SD storage
2. External SD storage
3. CWM
4. Bootloader

No, no, no and no.
I don't know if it is so obvious to wipe. Accidentally i transferred from thor's ics to aosp (that can't out one day before this build for the 500) to this wonderful build without any wipes, every app still works, the system itself also.
To be honest, i planned to wipe but both times I totally forgot and doing so is not really the best recommendation I ever gave.

Taptalked u see

toyface

Aug 7, 2010
Derbyshire
Hi all,

Got this up and running on my A100, had a bit of trouble with r/w on system (don't get what that's about), other than that running real nice, dsp manager is nice to see again :)

Can anyone tell me if the kernel has been patched with init.d support?

johnciaccio

Aug 20, 2010
Just installed it over the ics leak. Works great so far. Did not have to wripe or anything. Just had to install the the gapps (obviously). All my apps and date was still there. Nice to be with Cyanogenmod again (Use it on my other 2 phones).

Are there any modified kernels for it yet, or are we waiting on kernel sources from acer?

Also what is the maximum cpu speed with this rom?

Sorry if any of the questions seem dumb as I have not been keeping up with the news on the a500 development lately :( .

gotroot801

Jun 9, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Got it running (eventually - Amon_RA doesn't report the device as "picasso" but rather "a500", but a quick edit to updater-script fixed that), and so far I've only had one sleep of death issue. Otherwise, it's rock solid.

Thank you for building an open ROM for this device. It's nice to have choices.

yaworski

Jun 24, 2007
Warsaw
Are there any modified kernels for it yet, or are we waiting on kernel sources from acer?

Also what is the maximum cpu speed with this rom?

There are only binary-patched kernels made from those included in Acer leaks right now (not counting not-fully-working GPL-violating ones which are not allowed to be posted here anyway :)).

Acer is required to release kernel source after officially releasing ICS update for device but I don't know how long it took Acer to release sources previously.

The max CPU speed is a standard 1GHz just like in stock kernel (because it is basically a stock kernel).

Reactions: johnciaccio

mikemol

Jan 8, 2009
flashed the cm9 for A500, got an error installing. took out that updater file, removed the first line, repackaged and flashed again, this time flashed without problems, tried to boot it - got stuck on Acer logo screen. I'm coming from ICS leaked roms, all booted without problems. Flashed the bootloader - still get stuck on the Acer screen. What am I doing wrong?

PS: I got it running. I thought I had the bootloader update installed but I didn't really look if it got installed or ended with an error. I ran it again and found out that it actually gave an error message the same that I got with the build install. So I had to fix the first line of the updatescript on the bootloader just like I did for the build and then it booted.

Last edited:

j.price

Jul 18, 2010
dumb question, but if we are running the ICS leak and the a500 bootloader for root, is this safe to flash?

Matthileo

Apr 19, 2009
Wichita, KS
There are only binary-patched kernels made from those included in Acer leaks right now (not counting not-fully-working GPL-violating ones which are not allowed to be posted here anyway :)).

Acer is required to release kernel source after officially releasing ICS update for device but I don't know how long it took Acer to release sources previously.

The max CPU speed is a standard 1GHz just like in stock kernel (because it is basically a stock kernel).

Actually the not-mention-able, GPL-violating kernel works very well. Not here to cause trouble, but facts are facts.

That whole fight just bugs me. If certain unmentionable devs could play by the rules, and certain (this) forums could be less hostile then we might actually see a combination of efforts that would lead to even greater software for our devices. As it stands, we'll have to wait for 1) acer to release the ICS kernel source, and 2) devs to have time to work on it, because the whole cooperation thing doesn't seem likely.

Last edited:
Reactions: terrormattie

yaworski

Jun 24, 2007
Warsaw
Actually the not-mention-able, GPL-violating kernel works very well. Not here to cause trouble, but facts are facts.

That whole fight just bugs me. If certain unmentionable devs could play by the rules, and certain (this) forums could be less hostile then we might actually see a combination of efforts that would lead to even greater software for our devices. As it stands, we'll have to wait for 1) acer to release the ICS kernel source, and 2) devs to have time to work on it, because the whole cooperation thing doesn't seem likely.

I totally agree with you that the cooperation would be much more profitable for all of us. But forum rules are not at fault here. How anyone could cooperate with someone who doesn't release sources? It would be a one way "cooperation". I don't think that maintainer (because he's not its author) of this not-mentionable :) kernel is also author of every single patch and modification in it. Maybe some yes, but he also takes patches of other developers which are respecting GPL and release their source codes, but he does NOT give back anything to the community. And there's more to that: how anyone could tell if there isn't some kind of backdoor in such kernel if only handfull of people has access to the sources? I don't claim that there is such a thing in this kernel, but you cannot say that there isn't either.

On the matter if this kernel is fully working on a500 or not, maybe I was wrong. If yes then sorry.

And I'm sorry for an offtopic post, it won't happen again :).

dabl8

Jan 24, 2011
I get stuck at the noisy boot screen, both with twrp and ra. on a500, hc bootloader. it shouldn't be necessary to mount /system to flash a rom ,eh?

Last edited:

soulbandaid

Aug 18, 2008
flashed the cm9 for A500, got an error installing. took out that updater file, removed the first line, repackaged and flashed again, this time flashed without problems, tried to boot it - got stuck on Acer logo screen. I'm coming from ICS leaked roms, all booted without problems. Flashed the bootloader - still get stuck on the Acer screen. What am I doing wrong?

PS: I got it running. I thought I had the bootloader update installed but I didn't really look if it got installed or ended with an error. I ran it again and found out that it actually gave an error message the same that I got with the build install. So I had to fix the first line of the updatescript on the bootloader just like I did for the build and then it booted.

So, as far as I can tell, this rom doesn't work with the honeycomb bootloader. Could you make these instructions more explicit, or perhaps post a working version of this rom I can flash with CWM to my honeycomb bootloader. I want to try it but most people seem unable to flash it with the HC bootloader.

robkoehler

Jul 7, 2009
Seattle
So, as far as I can tell, this rom doesn't work with the honeycomb bootloader. Could you make these instructions more explicit, or perhaps post a working version of this rom I can flash with CWM to my honeycomb bootloader. I want to try it but most people seem unable to flash it with the HC bootloader.

it works fine with the honeycomb bootloader. install notepad++ for changing the update-script in both the cm9 zip and the honeycomb bootloader zip. flashes and boots just fine.

dincdoes.me

May 8, 2011
Detroit
it works fine with the honeycomb bootloader. install notepad++ for changing the update-script in both the cm9 zip and the honeycomb bootloader zip. flashes and boots just fine.

I used this Rom with hc bootloader it works just fine flash the Rom then the fix and it works I did have problems with getting back to my Rom of choice.. but I got back by flashing 1.7.1 recovery twrp had a bug of some sort where it would let me flash a Rom after cm9 but would get stuck on bootanimation.

So follow the op and enjoi

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Once I actually remembered to follow the instructions, I am tickled pink. I flashed the ICS bootloader and all is well.

A side note: I already had working ADB & Bootloader access, so I did not think I needed the Acer drivers when I went to upgrade the Bootloader & recovery. I did. They are needed to get you into APX mode. Do not assume as I did - save yourself a couple of hours of headaches. Once I did that, upgrading to the ICS bootloader was a piece of cake, for those of you who are considering it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Continuing on from gh123man's Open ICS thread, we extended the scope of the project to cover the A100 & A200 devices too.
    For the last month we've been quietly working on this & the wheels are now in motion to get the devices merged into CyanogenMods source.
    It should only be a matter of time till the nightlies start rolling.

Merge status: Done
    If you wanted to compile for yourself, follow one of the many guides on xda to get your machine set up & the CyanogenMod source downloaded.
    Following instructions are for the a500, substitute a100 or a200 as needed

Code:
    . build/envsetup.sh
    lunch cm_a500-userdebug

Wait for the device folders to be downloaded.
    Connect your device via adb.

Run extract-files.sh in the device/acer/a500 folder

Code:
    brunch cm_a500-userdebug

wait for the compile to finish (can take a while), flash new rom...

Builds (see post 2)

Contributors:
    myself, gh123man, hbwelch, randomblame, shchers

Please hit the thanks button on some of their posts too, this has been a team effort. :)

Once we're official, threads will be started for each of the devices in their respective forums, in the meantime it'd be good to keep discussion here so it's a little easier for us to track.

Not working:

Known bugs:
    Wifi? haven't had a report of trouble in a long time... tentatively saying this is no longer an issue

Reporting bugs
    Please please please read the following:
    If you have a bug, we need a bit more info than "such & such isn't working"

Things to check before reporting a bug
    Did you wipe before flashing the build?
    If no, nandroid, wipe & re-flash...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

Did you restore settings/data using Ti backup or similar?
    If yes, nandroid, wipe, re-flash & don't restore your data...
    Check to see if the bug still exists.

If you've done the above, & the bug is still there, we need some debugging info!
    logcat output is usually a pretty good start (post it to pastebin or similar), we will let you know if we need more.

Credits & thanks:
    vache - all the leaked ROM's
    drellisdee - patched A500 kernel
    CyanogenMod - source
    Google - source
    More to come.
    FAQ
    Q: assert.failed:getprop("ro.product.device")=="Picas so" || getprop("ro.build.product")=="picasso" E:Error in /sdcard/Download/update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-picasso-UNOFFICIAL-signed.zip Status 7
    A: Open the zip. Go to META-INF/com/google/android/update-sctipt. Remove the top line with the assert then repackage and flash :) has to do with your recovery. some recovery's name the device differently (thors for example does this, just as an example). our tree uses the device name picasso, if the recovery does not use picasso it will fail, the only fix for this is a unified recovery or to remove the line from the update-script, hope this more detailed answer helps more...

Downloads

ICONIA A500
    UPDATED: 7/8/12
    RELEASE: beta 1
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/iyim60a40fniqz4/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

ICONIA A200
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/vzn9t2qzuu79o2m/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

ICONIA A100
    http://www.mediafire.com/file/ywbcch9o8ami2bz/cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

Gapps
    http://goo.im/gapps/gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

Sources
    see cyanogenmod github

ENJOY! :)
    News

An update for you all,
    Yesterday, the a100, 200 & 500 devices were merged into CyanogenMod's source.

We're just getting up to speed with the internal workings at cm & have a bit of work to do, but, nightlies should be starting to roll soon.

Stay tuned :)
    & here's some new builds ready to go.

a500
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5sum 6c923615534a00224ebcdd1687150129

a200
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5sum 63e6b690b36f883d367275de6dcf6f2a

a100
    cm-9-20120708-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5sum 690f7e482b5563a4c20e7a449f2cb2f0

enjoy :)
    Hi All,
    I am currently re-working the audio HAL, still a WIP but needs testing & feedback.

- external mic detection is fixed (need to know if capture volume is ok?)
    - overall volume should be better
    - HDMI audio should hopefully be working (I have no means to test this)

please test & report your findings.

a500 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a500.zip
    md5 6ede8c89b770927e6a379aab6caf6243

a200 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a200.zip
    md5 a2b21ef7d85984882bb69bd5f3bae13e

a100 cm-9-20120610-UNOFFICIAL-a100.zip
    md5 b02f87f6cc9fd72fa26b4c46385a65cf