[Q] Need help, phone stuck at sprint boot screen after using outdated hotspot mod

Search This thread
I mistakenly followed QBking77's old video to enable native wifi hotspot and it ended up getting my phone stuck on the sprint boot screen.
Now I am trying to follow instructions to fix the problem in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553668

I can't seem to find the correct tar file I need to flash using odin. Can someone please provide a link and/or instructions on how to find the file I need to fix this problem? Any additional instruction is greatly appreciated. I have learned my lesson about using old videos and reading the comments before I follow a video.

My phone is a sprint galaxy s4 (sph-L720) running android 4.3
I had just rooted the device using QBking77's rooting video prior to trying the wifi hotspot mod.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.

leaderbuilder

I mistakenly followed QBking77's old video to enable native wifi hotspot and it ended up getting my phone stuck on the sprint boot screen.
Now I am trying to follow instructions to fix the problem in this post http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2553668

I can't seem to find the correct tar file I need to flash using odin. Can someone please provide a link and/or instructions on how to find the file I need to fix this problem? Any additional instruction is greatly appreciated. I have learned my lesson about using old videos and reading the comments before I follow a video.

My phone is a sprint galaxy s4 (sph-L720) running android 4.3
I had just rooted the device using QBking77's rooting video prior to trying the wifi hotspot mod.

Thank you so much for any help you can provide.
Simple first thing to try would be to boot to recovery and try a Factory reset.
THEN spend some time reading, searching and reading some more. If you have a new device that came with MK2 you REALLY must do some reading as to what you can and can't do.
You also didn't say if you installed a custom recovery or not.

Simple first thing to try would be to boot to recovery and try a Factory reset.
THEN spend some time reading, searching and reading some more. If you have a new device that came with MK2 you REALLY must do some reading as to what you can and can't do.
You also didn't say if you installed a custom recovery or not.

Sorry. I had not installed a custom recovery yet. That was next on my to do list.

As far as a factory reset. It looks like people were able to correct the problem and save all their data using the method in the post I mentioned before. However, as I said, I can not seem to find where to download the correct file from. Since I just rooted my device I had not backed up my data yet... another stupid mistake I won't make again.

leaderbuilder

Sorry. I had not installed a custom recovery yet. That was next on my to do list.

As far as a factory reset. It looks like people were able to correct the problem and save all their data using the method in the post I mentioned before. However, as I said, I can not seem to find where to download the correct file from. Since I just rooted my device I had not backed up my data yet... another stupid mistake I won't make again.

Boot to stock recovery and do a factory reset.
Also, your device is of newer firmware so IF you wanted to pc Odin stock Rom you'd have to grab the mk2 one

Sent from my SPH-L720 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

cruise350

Dec 11, 2007
Memphis, TN
A factory reset will not work in this case, the files that were modded are in the system/framework folder. A factory reset only resets the data partition. You have 2 choices at this point. Odin the MK2 tar file to return you phone to stock and then reroot your phone. Install a custom recovery and then flash the correct hotspot mod found below.

Or, if you have a custom recovery installed, you can try to flash the hotspot mod below to correct your errors. If you don't have a custom recovery installed then try to odin one to your phone and install the mod below.

If you tried to do a manual hotspot mod, you probably forgot to set the permissions after copying the files so you can try the fix permissions setting in a custom recovery also.

Attachments

• HotSpotMod_MK2_Odexed.zip
    6.3 MB · Views: 4

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    A factory reset will not work in this case, the files that were modded are in the system/framework folder. A factory reset only resets the data partition. You have 2 choices at this point. Odin the MK2 tar file to return you phone to stock and then reroot your phone. Install a custom recovery and then flash the correct hotspot mod found below.

Or, if you have a custom recovery installed, you can try to flash the hotspot mod below to correct your errors. If you don't have a custom recovery installed then try to odin one to your phone and install the mod below.

If you tried to do a manual hotspot mod, you probably forgot to set the permissions after copying the files so you can try the fix permissions setting in a custom recovery also.