Lenovo P780 Wifi Issues

Search This thread

nairaland

Feb 24, 2014
Does anybody have the same issue as my device. The wifi signal seems to drop considerably when device is a little further from router?

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

nairaland

Feb 24, 2014
Seems a general/design fault with the P780. I have watched videos from users on YouTube.

Sent from my Lenovo P780_ROW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

AgentCain

Aug 9, 2012
I also experience problems with my WiFi connection

It seems to be connected all the time, but when I use the browser or google play store or any other kind of software that uses wifi connection, it takes quite some time to get going. At first it seems to get stuck but if you wait for like 10 seconds or so, it starts working.

The phone is the chinese version. I successfully flashed a ROW rom with the additional fix for the modem.

Im not quite sure if it a hardware or software issue
Any thoughts and solutions?

spock81

Apr 2, 2013
How to tell from CN ROM to a ROW ROM

I also experience problems with my WiFi connection

It seems to be connected all the time, but when I use the browser or google play store or any other kind of software that uses wifi connection, it takes quite some time to get going. At first it seems to get stuck but if you wait for like 10 seconds or so, it starts working.

The phone is the chinese version. I successfully flashed a ROW rom with the additional fix for the modem.

Im not quite sure if it a hardware or software issue
Any thoughts and solutions?

Its probably too late now i think is a overflashing problem i have done, phone originally came with a ROW rom S119 pre-rooted but i have flashed all the Roms both ROW & CN, i only have issues with Vibe & LiFE, i have not touched modems yet, would i be write in thinking my base has not changed, I am going to stick with ROW S123 OTA, when i get it on

AgentCain

Aug 9, 2012
Its probably too late now i think is a overflashing problem i have done, phone originally came with a ROW rom S119 pre-rooted but i have flashed all the Roms both ROW & CN, i only have issues with Vibe & LiFE, i have not touched modems yet, would i be write in thinking my base has not changed, I am going to stick with ROW S123 OTA, when i get it on

The phone showed the same behaviour out of the box, without even thinking about changing the ROM.
However, the seller claims that he changed the ROM to a chinese one with gapps included.

AgentCain

Aug 9, 2012
Yes I did. The problem doesn't appear after the screen turns off. It may as well appear randomly while browsing

In response to my previously mentioned problem, it seems that its more of a software bug than a hardware one.

I did some tests, connecting to both an open network and a WPA protected one. It seems that the phone's connection to this type of networks is strong and constant. I've concluded that it must be some kind of lenovo's software related bug, a bug in android's OS or both.
Eduroam is a type of WPA Enterprise protected international network. The most known feature of it is the use of certificates, which are not needed in open or traditional WPA protected networks.

So the question is: what's the root of the issue?

Jackal331

Sep 9, 2007
Bratislava
Info for you guys, I don't experience such problems on my phone with stock or now with SLX rom, maybe a warranty check? (I have chinese version).

Last edited: