[Q] Snapdragon 800

Search This thread

mitsosJL

Mar 22, 2014
Hello guys!!!

Every snapdragon processor (800 and up) has in its hardware implemented voice activation. I have search for it but I cannot find out how to activate it. Can anyone help me? :confused:
Thanks in advance :)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
Every Snapdragon 800 and Up have the DoubleTapToWakeUp option but it can be only enabled from the Kernel (development was dropped for issues by drain battery), so I think it's the same for Voice Activation. So basically you don't have it.

Reactions: mitsosJL

mitsosJL

Mar 22, 2014
Every Snapdragon 800 and Up have the DoubleTapToWakeUp option but it can be only enabled from the Kernel (development was dropped for issues by drain battery), so I think it's the same for Voice Activation. So basically you don't have it.

So I have to find a kernel which enables it uhh?
Anyway thank you :)

eclyptos

Jun 14, 2008
Planet Earth
So I have to find a kernel which enables it uhh?

Have the processor do not mean you have that option on your phone, like DT2WU. Also can be vary different from 4.3 to 4.4,because on 4.4 it can be managed differently. BTW, on my 4.3 I have some kind of Voice Search in Settings > Language & input > Voice Search. I don't know if you looking for that as Voice Activation seems to be something else, like Activate the phone by Voice and for that you need a kernel, so on 4.3 that is the only option I got.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.