[APP] Private Message Filter v2.5 13-Sep-2010

Search This thread

mohitsapru

Inactive Recognized Developer
May 8, 2008
"India"
[Source Code Published at SMSFilter.codeplex.com]

SMSFilter is a new app from me which has been designed keeping in mind all the souls which linger around at XDA to find some way to keep their *Private* messages away from peeping eyes/hands :D

This app is somewhat similar to my SMSRules but with only one thing in mind... saving the SMS at a place other than the Inbox.

Features:
1. True Privacy... filtered messages wont come into inbox at all(even for a second).
2. Password protected app.
3. Fast
4. Simple
5. Works with HD/HD2

How to use: (may change with the versions please read version specific info also)
1. After it has been installed, restart the device
2 Open the app, since it is its first run it will ask you for a password. Set it up
3. (irrelevant for version 2.x)It will take you to the next screen and in there you can see two separate lists, one is for contacts and other one is for messages, in this list you need to add rules that you want the SMSFilter to test against an arriving message.
4. (irrelevant for version 2.x)To add a respective rule click that list and keep it pressed to get the context menu, which gives you an option to Add and delete the rules.
5. (irrelevant for version 2.x)Clicking add will give you a textbox at top where you enter the rule, click OK to add that.
6. (irrelevant for version 2.x)To delete a rule, select and get the context menu and choose delete... Simple right?? :)
7. Now what?? let a message come... BEWARE that there wont be ANY notification for a filtered rule. (As a option in v0.2) Trust your instincts and open the app..according to the settings u may receive a notification, provide password... goto View tab and there you can see the dropdown, choose the contact name and then all the messages from that contact will be displayed there in the other list choose the message and full message will be displayed in the last text box.

Version Specific
v0.2
To enable/disable notification, enter password and go to Filters tab, click Menu->Notify-> Click Enabled
If the notification is enabled it will show as checked. Default is disabled(Unchecked)
To setup your custom message for notification Menu->Notify-> Change Message
Enter desired message in the displayed text box, default is "You got mail ;)" and click OK.

NOTE:
1. Please restart your device after install/unistall
2. Rules are CaSe SeNsItIvE

Updates for v0.2
1. Added option to have notification when a message is filtered.
2. You can set a message of your choice too. ;) Saves me a headache lol :eek:

Updates for v0.3
1. Password and messages are now encrypted and stored.
2. Added context option in Filters tab to add rules from a text file
3. Option to reply in View tab(Context menu), the reply wont be stored in sent items
4. VGA display support- Need to confirm

NOTE:
1. Old password and messages are not compatible with this version, there is an extra utility supplied (VersionUpdater.exe), in case you were using the earlier version please run this application first. This you can find in the installation dir
DO NOT RUN THIS EXE MORE THAN ONCE

2. To load rules from a text file, the rules should be separated by newline<enter key>.

3. To reply to a message, select the contact and on message list get the context menu by long pressing the screen and then select reply, the address will be automatically selected

4. After installation please set up the notification and its message again.

V2.0 Update
This is a major update in terms of GUI, and the credit for the Sense GUI goes to ebolelzner for his SDK

The below gif should show what i mean by the GUI changes, all the functionality remains same

In terms of installation, in case u already had the previous version, install it over the previous one and messages, filters, password all will remain the same.
For clean \new install simply install it and check the setting configuration panel for your preference.

Updates for V2.1
1. Fixed the keyboard crash(crash when user tries to deploy the sip without choosing the textbox)
2. Fixed the button hiding issue in vga devices.

Updates for v2.2
1. Added new feature to Show latest sms directly without going in to the contacts list.
2. New settings which enables users to directly go to View sms mode whenever a new filtered sms is received
3. Added custom messages option. All the messages that are present in this app can be modified, u just need to change the values in the CustomText.txt file which is present in the installed folder
4. Fixed some bugs and crashes.
5. Reply mode is now working fine for different resolutions.

Updates for v2.3
1. Fixed a bug where app wont store/crash on 160+ char length message.
2. Send SMSes privately to any of your phonebook contact from the app
3. Option to save the sent sms + setting to toggle it.
4. No need to close and reopen the app when new private message arrives, refresh to see the sender and the message.

Updates for v2.4
1. No refresh button... no need for it you will immediately see the update.
if the app is open and you receive a new sms it will popup a message.
2. Reply option on new sms(as suggested by bernabap)
3. Delete all sms option added in menu(appears while in view panels of sent or received sms).
4. Some gui glitches fixed
5. While deleting a sent message it will ask for confirmation.
6. While entering password u can now click enter to login instead of clicking Ok bttn.
7. Opening the app will automatically remove the notification icon.
8. New about window, thanked all the wonderful guys/donors there :) )

Updates for v2.5
added a button at view sms panel where you can export messages from each contact to a separate csv file, both sent and received smses.

With New SenseGUI(V2.0 Onwards)
newguif.gif

This app requires .net3.5 if you get error saying new version of framework required plz install this

CustomText Files
1. Extract the file and place it in the program folder i.e (/program files/SMSFilter/)

Show your support, DONATE

Attachments

• Russian_CustomText.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 73
  • Turkish_CustomText.zip
    1.3 KB · Views: 71
  • French_CustomText.zip
    1.4 KB · Views: 68
Last edited:

donfano

Mar 10, 2009
Montreal
What's the diff?

Hi Mohit - I know it's been awhile. I've been very busy at work, and I haven't had the time to see what's going on here. I was just curious to read your last post that you came up with a new SMS filter, and I couldn't help it.:D

I read your instructions above, but everything sounds almost exactly the same as the other app. Why 2 apps that are doing (almost) the same thing?:rolleyes:

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
Hi Mohit - I know it's been awhile. I've been very busy at work, and I haven't had the time to see what's going on here. I was just curious to read your last post that you came up with a new SMS filter, and I couldn't help it.:D

I read your instructions above, but everything sounds almost exactly the same as the other app. Why 2 apps that are doing (almost) the same thing?:rolleyes:

Hey donfano,
yup i was also busy at work...saw ur buzzez... ;)
well this one is for fun n learning...
:D Basically i wanted to try a new message interception method. This one has a very different approach in filtering and is fast, also it is just for saving private messages it wont do all that stuffs in Inbox.
One more reason was to fix the HD2 issues... i am not sure if this fixes but it looks like that it should so i wanted a trial app, dint wanted to mess the existing one ;)

Zepiii

Retired Forum Moderator
7. Now what?? let a message come... BEWARE that there wont be ANY notification for a filtered rule. Trust your instincts and open the app.. provide password... goto View tab and there you can see the dropdown, choose the contact name and then all the messages from that contact will be displayed there in the other list choose the message and full message will be displayed in the last text box.

That's what stopped me !

Your application is really promising, but what I wish is that people can't read my message girlfriend, but I need to be warned when I got a message from her ;)

See you :)

raja'i

Nov 10, 2009
Doha
That's what stopped me !

Your application is really promising, but what I wish is that people can't read my message girlfriend, but I need to be warned when I got a message from her ;)

See you :)

+1
maybe keeping the notifications for both messeges " the filtered one and the normal" is better
and when u wanna open the filtered message u need the password

this will make the program more handy

thanx alot for ur efforts :)

ptyindian

Nov 14, 2008
Orlando, FL
+1 I agree with being able to get a notification and then needing to enter a password to see the message if it is one that is protected. also the screen is messed up on the touch pro 2 so maybe you can fix that as well? I really like the idea behind this and was looking for something like this.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
+1 I agree with being able to get a notification and then needing to enter a password to see the message if it is one that is protected. also the screen is messed up on the touch pro 2 so maybe you can fix that as well? I really like the idea behind this and was looking for something like this.

Thaz pretty bad :eek:

Edit: Did a quick fix in v0.2 for it, not sure if this fixes it, let me know...

Last edited:

Moggelito

Dec 14, 2009
Just installed this baby on my HD2 and it works on that device. It has some minor issues like the textboxes and the contact and messeges boxes are alittle out of "shape" and that you cant delete anything. Other then that it works like a charm :D

Sorry my fault, you can delete stuff, I just missed that you had to select them :)

Last edited:

roisagi

Jun 14, 2006
i do not understand:

how do i choose a contact? i want all messages from a certain contact to be intercepted.

and in the message colomn: what to write there? "all"?

can someone explain?

low-dogg

Aug 17, 2006
i am really looking forward to see how this turns out! hope that in time you will get more features in to it, and maybe skin it for htc sense?:)

great work so far!

EDIT: plz make it work on HD2 probably:)

Last edited:

Comptronic

Apr 26, 2010
New Jersey
updating the Microsoft .NET Framework

This may be a stupid question but how do I update the .NET Framework?

This is the message I received (see below attachment) when I tried to install version 2 of the SMSFilter.

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
i do not understand:

how do i choose a contact? i want all messages from a certain contact to be intercepted.

and in the message colomn: what to write there? "all"?

can someone explain?

Hi roisagi,

you dont have to choose a contact, what you need to do is for example:
i want to intercept and save a message from contact named as "Myfriend" so in the rules contact list i add "Myfriend" this is case sensitive, or in case you want to intercept just a number add that in the contact list.
In case i want to check for a word in message and filter it just add that word in message list.
Hope u got this.

Thanks,
Mohit

mohitsapru

May 8, 2008
"India"
i am really looking forward to see how this turns out! hope that in time you will get more features in to it, and maybe skin it for htc sense?:)

great work so far!

EDIT: plz make it work on HD2 probably:)

From one of the post i heard it works on HD2, and if u are talking about the graphics i am not sure as i only have emulators and my elf, so can't go beyond that.

blop001

Oct 11, 2008
Thank you for the direct link to the .NET 3.5 CF cab.

Sadly that has not worked for me. It still says "A later version of the software is already present...if you wish to install this you must uninstall the current version"

I have attempted to install:

NETCFv35.wm.armv4i.cab
and
NETCFSetupv35.msi

I have also tried to uninstal my current version of .Net 3.5 but it does not show up in my Remove Program wizard.

Any ideas?

Many thanks...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    No, I didn't change anything in the csv files, Sometimes it working, and sometimes it crashes. Maybe it depends of file size...

one more thing.. after you run it wait for some time till it updates the store. there wont be any notification so give it some time.
    Hi mohit,

first of all after read all 49 pages of this thread is to say really thank to u for your work !!
    I really appreciate it ;)

more... i have 2 things to ask u.

1)if i want only the windows notification and not that smsfilter icon appears on the taskbar how can i do?

2)on the replay section it could be possible to have a word counter? to let know us how many sms we are sending?

I hope to receive your news :)

still thank u an bye

Hi RoyIT,

thanks for using it...
    well for your questions
    1. We cant show default windows notification on message arrival. The only thing which is possible, is that it wont show any notification at all on arrival of a message and that can be done from the settings section.

2.Yes this could be added but as of now i have not touched its code since the last update. and i am planning to put it on web. Maybe then u cud see and request a lot of things.
    Or if i get time i wud put this update.

Thanks,
    Mohit
    Dear Friend

Nice application
    i tested it, i use it - very usefull tool, THANKS!
    But, if You dont mind, i shall offer a few positions to improve:

- Login screen: set the focus on a "Password", and open InputPanel
    so I can type only the PSW and OK without other types

- FIRST screen after login - "View SMS". Not the "Filters, SMS, Settings" screen - it can be in "menu", or some buttons else :)
    and there are the screen with new messages! not the settings or a new filters, that only hint at superfluous opportunities :))

- "Choose contact": select it from last input SMS, or last sent address
    i can view the history list from the last contact. If not from the last - still need to select the pulldown menu, but I have only one :)

- if you could offer "Chat" structure for sms list - it would be great!

thank in advance!
    Vladimir