Gorilla Glass screen so is a protector necessary?

Search This thread

the_ghost__NL

May 12, 2012
I'm not using one and I think I don't need one yet,
but you'll always see after saying this I need one soon XD

degast

Oct 1, 2008
Couple months back I was using a screen protector (have had many screen protectors with smartphones) and even though it didnt have a single scratch I still took it off. I just did it.

The screen feels so much better without a silly plastic thing on it. Experience++!

Also, I use a leather pocket to store it in all the time. Doesnt even get that dirty and ofcourse no scratches. The gorilla glass pays off!

Im just a student though, I dont come into contact with work sites with a lot of dirt, etc... So no real oppertunities to get it scratched.

My opinion: take the screen protector off. Youll have a new phone soon enough.

Sent from my Optimus 2X using xda premium

kitesurfer377

May 22, 2012
i´m using the screen-protector from invisible shield.
you are able to feel and see it. but i like it when i´m outside and it´s sunny... :cool:

emmanuelcassar

Jan 21, 2010
Currently I am on Invisible Shield and they are rubbish, it scratched with my very own fingernail.

Where can I buy a Steinheil screen protector, can't seem to find :/

or are there any other better screen protector's which I can buy?

tomsi91

Aug 10, 2011
I realized i made one little sratch for one year of use. its not visible if you dont look for it. i think it is worth not use protector.

tecnolo

Sep 5, 2010
Milan (near)
From the first day.. Screen protector on.... I don't have money to spend to repair screen replacement..

Gorilla glass = hard glass..... Not irom man... Hulk .. Super mega iper... Spiderman glass...

Inviato dal mio LG-P990 con Tapatalk 2

puyuman

Dec 29, 2010
Without screen proctetor is a new experience, better... And no scratch... Gorilla Glass + Amoled make's all money... :D

Last edited:

JanickGers

Feb 29, 2012
I putted on a plastic film, I was too scared to scratch the glass... is it worthy? Mine is pretty "rubbish" and I can feel it makes sort of a resistance when I slide my finger onto the screen

rmarku

Feb 23, 2012
mine get some scratch one time i put it with the screen down over some dusty surface.
Gorilla glass is resistant to metal scratch, like with keys in you pocket, coins, etc. But with sand (that use to have some percentage of quartz), gorilla glass get scratched easily.
I have my O2X since December, and been a little carefully, i didn't get other scratch.
Never put screen down.
Keep your pockets clean of sand.

Sorry for my english.

Mungulz

Oct 5, 2011
Sydney
Last time I listen to you guys.. few days without and I got a nice scratch.

Always use a protector and most importantly ignore the heros who talk up gorilla glass

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: ecki2k and crzycrkr
G

GUestD2794

i dont understand what are u doing with ur phone im using mine for a year now without protection film and have not a silgel scratch although i have it in my pocket every day and somtimes a key in the same pocket and somtimes it was droped to thee ground but nothing on the diplay, the display looks like the first day

crzycrkr

Jun 26, 2010
Google Pixel 5
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Okay, for the millionth time, MOST KEYS AND COINS WILL NOT SCRATCH GG! Sand, grit and dust we all encounter every day can and will. If you haven't scratched your unprotected screen it been because of luck. It'll happen one day. Seriously people, try reading up on the actual product rather than just listening to the opinions you want on a forum.

Sent from my EVO LTE using Tapatalk 2

steadymove

Jul 1, 2012
I'm not using a screen protector, even not a case.. i just got some little scratches because it dropped on the ground so i think a protector is neccessary.. always be carefull with your devices..

dark_sat

Jun 3, 2012
São Paulo
I always use those static screen protectors from e-bay on all my mobile gadgets. They're really cheap and once installed correctly, you can barely notice they're there, doing their job.

It's no big deal and I don't understand why so many people do such a big deal of them, almost convincing themselves they don't need them. If you ever thought of installing one, just do it and you'll not regret it later. Easy and simple.

xtrustkillx

Jul 10, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra
No scratches on screen. Im using it without screen protector or any case. Just some minor scratches on the back cover. I keep on dropping it while getting out from car.

Sent from my LG-P990 using xda app-developers app

aldyu

Jun 21, 2012
Got no screen protection, just a cloth pouch and my O2x has no scratches. Just be careful when handling.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Durable, yes, scratch proof, no. Even people that are gentle get scratches once in a while. If one grain of sand gets in your pocket with the phone you could end up with scratches. Do yourself a favor and get a good quality protector that you will never notice once its on. I use Steinheil protectors.

Sent from my Transformer TF101G using Tapatalk
    You've got that completely backwards!

Sand/grit etc. is harder than the screen, that's why it can scratch it. Metal (keys etc) is softer (softer than non-Gorilla Glass even) so doesn't do anything. Makes for good YouTube videos though.
    Last time I listen to you guys.. few days without and I got a nice scratch.

Always use a protector and most importantly ignore the heros who talk up gorilla glass

Sent from my Optimus 2X using Tapatalk 2
    Gorilla works fine against metal, but sand scratches it easily. That's why I use screen protector.
    Gorilla Glass is tough, but it's not the indestructible thing a lot of people think it is. I still have the factory protector in place.