[DUMP]EK02 Update.zip - EK02 Rooted ROM, Radio, and Kernels OH MY!

Search This thread

-viperboy-

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jun 24, 2007
PA
HUGE thanks to kingsway8605 because without him, we would NOT have gotten this done. He spent hours getting a hold of this .zip, flashing this, odin'ing that, please appreciate what he did for us!!
Thanks to everyone else for getting the constant help - shabbypenguin, chris41g, T.C.P, graffixnyc, digits, and everyone else who helped out!!​

No one but you is responsible if anything happens to your phone!
Please read everything before flashing and proceed with caution!

New build information

Android 2.3.6
EK02 Baseband/Radio

EK02 Radio
You can flash this right over your current ROM right from recovery but ONLY IF YOU ARE ON EG30 RADIO!! This is an update for that radio and that radio only! Don't be alarmed, it will take a few seconds to flash it. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that we don't have a stock EG30 radio, only EG12 or EG31. You can flash those if you want to get off of the EK02 modem, but hopefully this radio will eliminate LoS!​

Stock and Repacked Kernels
This can be flashed over EG30 ROMs, however, there is no known benefit to it as of now. But feel free to download, test it, and report back!​

Rooted EK02 update.zip
This MUST BE FLASHED over STOCK ODEXED EG30. Enough said. Please don't post asking what it can be flashed over because I just gave you the answer. STOCK ODEXED EG30!​

Downloads

Thanks, once again, to kingsway8605!!

Last edited:

kingsway8605

Apr 26, 2010
Just a note on some of the posts I am seeing in the thread:

(1) I haven't had the update long enough to say if it fixes the LoS for everyone, but since I received it yesterday I have not received an LoS when I used to get them all the time. Your mileage may vary. The screencap below shows what you should have if you install everything correctly.

(2) I am not a dev, I am just lucky. The great devs viper mentioned in his post spent a lot of time helping me get the update off of my phone. Methods of extracting the update.zip that worked with older phones did not work with this phone, which only complicated the process.

If you cannot install it, it is not our fault. You knew the risks when hacking your phone. I only received an OTA and the great devs were able to help me extract this OTA from my phone. At this point, it appears that even when the official OTA update is pushed to your phone, that it will still fail. The moden update only works on EG30 phones, period. Unless a dev can pull some amazing hackery or Samsung gives us a full tar, you are just going to have to wait. The kernel update should work just fine. If you are not EG30, I recommend Calk's EK02 ROM in another thread.

(3) As pointed out in (2), you hack your phone at your own risk. While this is an official OTA pushed to me by Sprint, it was pushed to ME by Sprint and not you. I have a person to call if this OTA screws up my future update path, but I have no idea how this will affect your future update path. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

(4) The update includes some very minor UI enhancements and minor bug fixes in addition to the LoS fix.

Attachments

• SC20111128-194021.jpg
    SC20111128-194021.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 2,867
Last edited:

bigtoysrock

Jul 28, 2010
Leander,TX
Awesome work, everyone!! Kingsway8605, Viperboy, all the others who helped. It was cool to see it happen. Cant wait to see the results.

ElAguila

Mar 12, 2007
San Antonio
Great to hear. A couple of questions. Does it break root or is the update rooted? Also do we need to be on a stock rom for it to work?

chris41g

Inactive Recognized Developer
Sep 10, 2009
Kings followed directions like a pro, it got a little wild and autoprime had to silence the room... but all in all good job.

notes: yes it will break root, yes you have to be on stock eg30...

i am uploading a rooted version, and i have already uploaded stock repacks of the kernel

Stock Repacks:
http://chris41g.devphone.org/index.php?dir=EpicTouch/Stock+Repack/EK02/
either choose CWM5 or my new ACSRecovery5

Stock Kernel Untouched:
http://chris41g.devphone.org/index.php?dir=EpicTouch/Stock+Roms/EK02/

Rooted update zip:
http://chris41g.devphone.org/index.php?dir=EpicTouch/Stock+Roms/

Tiffany84

Inactive Recognized Themer
Jul 27, 2010
So just to be clear. If your on the eg31 modem right now you can't use any of this? Thanks again to all involved.

Reactions: schwab002

bigtoysrock

Jul 28, 2010
Leander,TX

chunology

Jan 6, 2011
Flashing the modem .zip returns an error... file is 170kb? Possible upload error?

---------- Post added at 12:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:54 AM ----------

You have to be stock EG30 as Chris said, but still working on it.

I believe you have to be stock EG30 to flash the update.zip - you should be able to flash just the modem regardless of what ROM/Modem you're currently running. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    HUGE thanks to kingsway8605 because without him, we would NOT have gotten this done. He spent hours getting a hold of this .zip, flashing this, odin'ing that, please appreciate what he did for us!!
    Thanks to everyone else for getting the constant help - shabbypenguin, chris41g, T.C.P, graffixnyc, digits, and everyone else who helped out!!​

No one but you is responsible if anything happens to your phone!
    Please read everything before flashing and proceed with caution!

New build information

Android 2.3.6
    EK02 Baseband/Radio

EK02 Radio
    You can flash this right over your current ROM right from recovery but ONLY IF YOU ARE ON EG30 RADIO!! This is an update for that radio and that radio only! Don't be alarmed, it will take a few seconds to flash it. PLEASE KEEP IN MIND that we don't have a stock EG30 radio, only EG12 or EG31. You can flash those if you want to get off of the EK02 modem, but hopefully this radio will eliminate LoS!​

Stock and Repacked Kernels
    This can be flashed over EG30 ROMs, however, there is no known benefit to it as of now. But feel free to download, test it, and report back!​

Rooted EK02 update.zip
    This MUST BE FLASHED over STOCK ODEXED EG30. Enough said. Please don't post asking what it can be flashed over because I just gave you the answer. STOCK ODEXED EG30!​

Downloads

Thanks, once again, to kingsway8605!!
    Just a note on some of the posts I am seeing in the thread:

(1) I haven't had the update long enough to say if it fixes the LoS for everyone, but since I received it yesterday I have not received an LoS when I used to get them all the time. Your mileage may vary. The screencap below shows what you should have if you install everything correctly.

(2) I am not a dev, I am just lucky. The great devs viper mentioned in his post spent a lot of time helping me get the update off of my phone. Methods of extracting the update.zip that worked with older phones did not work with this phone, which only complicated the process.

If you cannot install it, it is not our fault. You knew the risks when hacking your phone. I only received an OTA and the great devs were able to help me extract this OTA from my phone. At this point, it appears that even when the official OTA update is pushed to your phone, that it will still fail. The moden update only works on EG30 phones, period. Unless a dev can pull some amazing hackery or Samsung gives us a full tar, you are just going to have to wait. The kernel update should work just fine. If you are not EG30, I recommend Calk's EK02 ROM in another thread.

(3) As pointed out in (2), you hack your phone at your own risk. While this is an official OTA pushed to me by Sprint, it was pushed to ME by Sprint and not you. I have a person to call if this OTA screws up my future update path, but I have no idea how this will affect your future update path. INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

(4) The update includes some very minor UI enhancements and minor bug fixes in addition to the LoS fix.
    Nope, same exact update file, sorry guys, I tried... Stuck on EG31 with the rest of you :)
    Just a dumb thought

I understand you cannot flash the modem if you don't have "30". Is it possible to just change the name of 31 to 30 and it would flash? I am sorry if that is a dumb idea. I am just a firefighter. Does it look for the name of the file or what is inside of it?
    Actually, get your facts right, yes they told shabbypenguin they had root when they didn't even have root so he rooted it for them too, viper and those other idiots deserve 0 credit and all credit should go to shabbypenguin doesn't matter that kingsway had the ota on his phone, because the dumb **** couldnt do anything with it.

---------- Post added at 10:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

Yes this is the place because it's annoying to see people like viper and these other wannabe devs steal credit from others and take it as their own because they want the interwebz fame and people need to see and it needs to be brought to the communities attention that viper and his fanboy clique are frauds.

*sigh* I knew he would eventually make his way in here. You're right, shabby deserves credit for helping dump the partitions and getting it re-rooted and I have fixed the OP. Sorry, I was very tired last night and I forgot to add his name. All fixed now.

Secondly, he wasn't the only one to get this done because there was plenty more work that happened after we dumped the partitions. He also had them dump the wrong partitions, however that wasnt his fault really because he didnt know the partition list for this phone but we got it corrected. Then it was a few hour ordeal going back to EG30, trying to pull the update, rooting, getting the .zip out of cache, etc. The people that helped with that were in the OP.

I don't need to justify to you what happened but just so everyone else know that what you're saying isn't true. Its a team effort, something you know nothing about since its all about YOU. Please don't get all butthurt that your pretty damn useless around here (except you're fantastic at being a troll, I'll give you that) and that you couldn't help out. Better luck next time, and oh yeah, how is that new ROM coming along? :)