Search This thread

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
What changes does this new CWM have? Is it the touch based CWM?

It is the latest recommended version of ClockworkMod, built from the Ice Cream Sandwich branch of https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_bootable_recovery

It's built as a part of the build process, so it's nice to have one which is current, and closer to the version I'm using/recommending on the P6200. :)

Flashed the recovery, seems to work because i flashed ics with it. The only thing i missed was usb mount option.

Ah, USB mounting of the removable SD card? I'll have to look into that. For now, at least I know it works and I'll put a link in the first post. Thanks!

locerra

Aug 18, 2010
Seattle
Ah, USB mounting of the removable SD card? I'll have to look into that.
This has never worked on the tab 7.7. The option was there, but it just gave an error. Also apparently this feature is not well maintained and frequently breaks, because the CWM developers don't care about it (the philosophy is that if you are transferring files in recovery, you should be using adb).

Reactions: chrisrotolo

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
This has never worked on the tab 7.7. The option was there, but it just gave an error. Also apparently this feature is not well maintained and frequently breaks, because the CWM developers don't care about it (the philosophy is that if you are transferring files in recovery, you should be using adb).

I've certainly used it on other devices, and the original poster seemed to imply that it was working on whatever recovery he was using (garyd9's?). I won't waste any time on it, but if he says its working then I suppose it is useful to have working for those of us who have removable SD cards. :)

ldloh2

Jan 29, 2010
I believe aorth ported a newer 5.x.x. CWM specifically for the P6200 tab.

Also, a deodexed ROM does nothing more than allow editing of xml's and such for theming.

And that .img is most likely a file to be flashed in heimdall. You might want to read up on using heimdall somewhere here on XDA or just google it. I haven't used heimdall a whole lot, so I dnt want to confuse you and/or give u improper instructions on how to use it. Maybe someone more knowledgeable with it can chime in.

But, in a nut shell, I believe your CMW 4.x.x MAY be to blame for the "bad flashing" CM9 zip

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

What version are you using (P6200 or P6210)?
Are you rooted?
What version of CWM are you using?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

Hi, Thanks everyone for the help, I've downloaded the CMW ver 5 and installed the CM9 Rom, work perfectly fine, very fast with no hangs. Only down side is no WIFI and Bluetooth. Keep up the good work Dev.

cdrom1028

Jul 22, 2010
Dayton, Ohio
plus.google.com
To bring the P6210 up to speed with the P6200, here's the latest version of ClockworkMod Recovery (5.5.0.4) from the ICS branch of CWM. Any brave testers? If I get the thumbs up I'll replace the link in the first post.

Download: Mediafire (md5: 91abb149a266beee7f32126442c4e84a)
Flash (with device in Odin mode): heimdall flash --recovery p6210-clockworkmod-5.5.0.4.img

Worked perfect for me.. Thanks for the Updated ClockworkMod Recovery..

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
Aorth

Thanks for all your hard work on this, I bought a P6200 specifically to try out your build.

No major bugs not already identified.....

1. Smallesque issue, not sure if it's upstream though. If you turn on the AM/PM on clock in small letters it doesn't actually show up, instead showing time without any AM/PM indicator (although the position of the clock changes as you toggle AM/PM on and off).

I'm just about to do a rebuild on a spare quad core 2.56Ghz xeon with hyper (so effectively octocore), as I hate Gnome 3 I'm either going to rebuild as Fed14 or latest Mint. I'm not sure how fast your compiling box is so would it be any use if I put a dev environment on there to fast compile builds?

If yes drop me a PM and let me know what you'd want setup.

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Aorth

Thanks for all your hard work on this, I bought a P6200 specifically to try out your build.

No major bugs not already identified.....

You didn't notice that wifi's missing? ;) Hehhee.

1. Smallesque issue, not sure if it's upstream though. If you turn on the AM/PM on clock in small letters it doesn't actually show up, instead showing time without any AM/PM indicator (although the position of the clock changes as you toggle AM/PM on and off).

Hmm, I never noticed that. I just tested on CM9 on my Galaxy Nexus and the AM/PM show fine. Lets keep an eye on this one. I didn't see anything obvious in logcat...

I'm just about to do a rebuild on a spare quad core 2.56Ghz xeon with hyper (so effectively octocore), as I hate Gnome 3 I'm either going to rebuild as Fed14 or latest Mint. I'm not sure how fast your compiling box is so would it be any use if I put a dev environment on there to fast compile builds?

If yes drop me a PM and let me know what you'd want setup.

I build on a quad-core Core i7-2600 with 16 gigs of RAM, so I'm ok. ;) I'd LOVE some help testing, cleaning device repos, documenting, feeding trolls, investigating/fixing bugs, etc. Have you got the build environment set up yet?

pinsb

Sep 9, 2011
London, UK
I build on a quad-core Core i7-2600 with 16 gigs of RAM, so I'm ok. ;) I'd LOVE some help testing, cleaning device repos, documenting, feeding trolls, investigating/fixing bugs, etc. Have you got the build environment set up yet?

No I haven't set up the build environ yet, I'm going to do the rebuild tomorrow during the bank holiday (If you want to see how crazy the Diamond Jubilee celebrations are now in the UK look at the TV news or the BBC website.......).

It'll take me about 3-4 hours to do the 'clean' build as I have a load of scripts, apps and configurations to do to get the box how I like it. As I haven't played with Mint yet I may put that on there as a test build first to check it out.

My chip is the same as a Core i7 860 so your chip is faster anyway but I have a few of these babies in Mini ITX boxes so very handy to move around if needed. I'm waiting for Haswell before I do my next hardware upgrade cycle and hoping they bring out octocore chips with hyperthreading which would be a great piece of kit in a Mini ITX box.

StrumerJohn

Jul 5, 2011
Glendale, AZ
plus.google.com
You didn't notice that wifi's missing? ;) Hehhee.

Hmm, I never noticed that. I just tested on CM9 on my Galaxy Nexus and the AM/PM show fine. Lets keep an eye on this one. I didn't see anything obvious in logcat...

:p B*tches my computer runs an 8-core AMD FX 3.6 Processor with 32 GB of RAM and 6 Solid State HDs. (And a giant GPU [ATI HD 6,000 series], but that doesn't help with deving xD)

Reactions: xsoullz

aorth

Nov 10, 2010
Nairobi, Kenya
mjanja.ch
Brick bug...

Maybe you guys have heard, but some early ICS ROMs for Galaxy Note and other similar Galaxy S II variants have triggered hard bricks due to faulty MMC firmware handling erase commands improperly. I never bothered to read up about the issue until now, but it looks like we should also be careful.

Chainfire just released a tool to print out whether your device has a known-bad firmware revision, Got BrickBug?. As you can see, my device has firmware revision 0x19. This revision has been known to cause hard bricks on other devices using Samsung ICS ROMs.

CM9 is safe (Entropy512 haxx0red the kernel), but we should be careful.

[David]

Sep 18, 2011
Catanzaro
CM9 is safe on Note I can assure it... Issues with Note was in wiping from some repacked stock kernels. You had to flash a GB kernel for wiping otherwise it was brick! CM9 kernel is one the few really safe, trust me I own it (even flashed Thor kernel for AOSP without issue) ;)

Sent from my Galaxy Note with Asylum ICS 9

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hear ye, hear ye! I've started porting CyanogenMod 9 to the Galaxy Tab Plus. While it's up and running (and actually quite usable), this is really only a developer preview. Please understand that this is a very rough initial port, and lots of stuff doesn't work.

Warning! Do not flash!

Do not flash this unless you know how to backup your data and especially unless you know how to get back to stock. If you don't already know how to do this, you might want to familiarize yourself with the process now, while the other developers and me get CM9 to a more "daily driver" state. I don't have time to help n00bs unbrick their devices. No offense!

Known issues
    Please don't complain about them unless you're willing to fix them. :)
    • USB mounting of internal storage (will never work). Removable sdcard can work, but is disabled for now. Note: USB mounting is different than MTP, which works fine already.
    • HDMI out
    • Hardware acceleration for DivX/MP3
    • IR Blaster
    • WiFi is a bit iffy, sometimes you need to toggle it off and on
    • GPS doesn't get as many satellites as in stock

Download (P6200/P6201/P6200L)
    ROM (September 17, 2012): goo.im (md5: 6c13a8753cfdbcb3cf81a7abb90f6c3a)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.1.0): goo.im / Mediafire (md5: 4554f940ac0064dba3e1c5e12469efd2)
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps (use the CyanogenMod 9 one)

Download (P6210/P6211/P6210L)
    ROM (September 17, 2012): goo.im (md5: 5f87f7bf0fd887b9ace4ea5d95773fa7)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.1.0): Mediafire (md5: e71feb63ee44a7e809b6c2e7ae6d6e7d)

Download (T869)
    ROM (September 17, 2012): goo.im (md5: 936707a07e36d27b59ea26284a52474e)
    ClockworkMod Recovery (6.0.1.2): goo.im (md5: 5827f2e38bf609d6583f8b715667b8d3)

Flash
    Flash from ClockworkMod Recovery 6.0.1.x (probably works with 5.0.2.x, but I use 6.0.1.x so your mileage may vary). Make sure to wipe data/factory reset. No whining if it eats your homework.

Sources
    We share a LOT of similar hardware with other Exynos 4210 / Mali 400MP devices. Right now we're sharing lots of code with the Tab 7.7 people. Here is a list of where you can find my/our code.

Credits
    • ohanar -- set up the initial device tree for the GT-68x0 (Tab 7.7). Huge help and time saver!
    • teamhacksung -- badass dev dudes who have a dream
    • goo-inside.me -- hosting
    • CyanogenMod community in general

Donate
    I do this for fun (I have a day job that pays me). If you're able to donate, donate to one of the following organizations, without whom none of this would be possible:
    Reserved for changelog, detailed flashing instructions, etc. :)

Screenshots to tide you over!

6F2dL.png

a7kP9.png

jtYAu.png

Changelog

September 17, 2012
    • New kernel (same one from CM10
    • Sync with latest CM source

August 10, 2012
    • WPA supplicant driver switched to Wext, should be more stable now without the hack from stock ICS we were using before
    • A2DP fixed
    • Low-power mode (off-mode charging) works
    • P6210 no longer thinks it is a GSM device
    • Camera FCs while video recording fixed

July 19, 2012
    • Bluetooth works

July 17, 2012
    • Auto brightness works

July 13, 2012
    • Based on a new kernel (smdk4210-tab, a hybrid of Galaxy S3 + p6200 ICS kernel sources)
    • Using many new blobs from the official P68x0 and P62x0 ICS releases
    • Video recording works
    • Front and back camera work (with flash!)
    • Audio is now stereo (moblix, please confirm ;))
    • Calling works, but someone needs to see if the voice is still distorted on the remote side
    • Support for GT-P6210L
    • Low-power mode kinda works, but keeps rebooting (now using AOSP one, not Samsung)
    • Bluetooth broken (regression)

June 24, 2012
    • Updated CyanogenMod sources
    • Experimental new bus frequencies for larger displays
    • Off-mode charging is still broken because I haven't even looked into it

June 10, 2012
    • Bluetooth is working
    • Sync with latest upstream CM9 (new Apollo music player, CRT Off animation, new Cid boot animation, etc)
    • Seems I broke low-power mode charging...

DP3.2 Hotfix 1 (May 27, 2012)
    • P6200: New kernel with mic fix

DP3.2 (May 19, 2012)
    • Rear camera working again (regression in DP 3.1)

DP3.1 (May 17, 2012)
    • Off-mode charging now works
    • Sync'd with latest upstream repos (a few new high-res icon graphics, not too noticeable)

DP3 (May 13, 2012)
    • Rebased work ontop of the 3.0.x-based smdk4210 kernel
    • RIL working again (now using Galaxy S II RIL blobs)
    • GPS working again
    • Some hardware-accelerated video should work (not all video/audio codecs are working yet)
    • Rotation animation doesn't glitch anymore
    • Camera kinda works... strong emphasis on "kinda"
    • Ditto for wifi

DP2 (April 13, 2012)
    • Audio working
    • GSM partially working (calls, SMS, and some USSD requests). Getting data working on this one is trivial if you're not afraid to use adb.

DP1 (April 1, 2012)
    • Initial preview
    I'm baaaack.

I'm back from vacation, and I've synced up with locerra's latest changes to the tab device trees. He's been very productive over the last two weeks, and I have new builds for P6200, P6210, and T869 on their way to the server as we speak...

You'll have new builds verrrrrry soon.
    Developer preview 3.2

Here's DP 3.2. Nothing major, just a minor update with the rear-facing camera working again. Note: it's still not working 100%, merely back to how it was before it regressed in DP 3.1 (locerra made some libcamera changes). :)

P6200: goo-inside.me (md5: 1271d226e74a96341d75a8439735eac1)
    P6210: goo-inside.me (md5: 38ed64d1f625ef7d5d174007139f008e)

While it is working, I get roughly 5 out of 10 shots which are plagued by artifacts, for example:

DP3 for P6210

I've decided to take up managing the P6210 releases for now, since kmmxracer has decided to leave us. :)

Here's some DP3 love for the wifi guys:

P6210 (DP3, May 13, 2012): goo-inside.me / mirrors wanted! (md5: b6ec56f08d32fcf052a2cc7f63cc8230)
    ClockworkMod Recovery P6210: From garyd9
    Google Apps: http://goo-inside.me/gapps/ (use the CyanogenMod 9 one)

Keep in mind I don't actually have this device... so if it doesn't boot, BREATH, and then tell me what happened. :)