How to stop ICS update on Asus Prime

Search This thread

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
I am very happy with Honeycomb and I don't want to risk update to ICS 4 due to obvious issues my friends are facing out there .

Can I avoid ICS 4 update and keep getting Honeycomb firmware updates ?

UrbanDroid

Jan 8, 2012
Auburn, AL
For the life of me I don't know why you wouldn't want to upgrade to ICS. Hands down best operating system yet on a tablet. If you don't mind posting some of those problems that your friends are having as I am curious as are others I'm sure.

As for honeycomb getting updates on the prime I don't think so. At least not with the stock rom. If you were to install a new one then its entirely up to the developer of that specific rom as to if it gets updated or not. Someone please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Forum Runner

Blairware

Nov 12, 2009
Wake Forest, NC
Stop ics? Why?

I also cannot imagine a situation where Honeycomb would be preferable to.... anything except 2.x Android builds. Get with the program. Yes, there were "teething issues" with ICS at first, a lot of reboots, some screen banding etc. but ALL, and I do mean ALL of those have been resolved. Remember that this was the very first tablet to GET Ice Cream Sandwich. Of course there were going to be issues, but most, like me, had zero problems, and the joy that is ICS, is incredible. It's like Android went from a Beta OS to a full release, finally!

Is ICS perfect? Hell no, memory management is great, but there are still browser pauses, and a few quirks, but dude, it's Android 4.0, it's official - this is all with Nvidia, Asus and Google working together to creat a good experience. Don't wait, I would be manually going to Settings, About Tablet, System Firmware Update, Check Update:

APPLY!​

SAJdroid

Apr 23, 2012
I see some guys still posting issues with random lockup and reboot on the official asus xda thread regarding random lockups even after the latest firmware updates.

Here is the link
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1449992

The only reason I dont wanna take a risk is because , Prime is going to be a very vital companion for me in my business ( from storing my appointments to keeping my customer visit data's and many more)

The main reason why I preferred an Android is simply because I can keep upgrading my OS versions , and each version brings exciting new features to users unlike the other OS manufactures out there.

I only want to know if you have rooted your Prime & does this give a better chance to solve the bugs in ICS ? Because I am as of now now looking at rooting or unlocking my prime . I have read posts dated yesterday where users have still got issues even after applying all the patches for ICS 4.0.

I just love ICS , but I don't want it to cause issues with my day to day activities.

I am still not clear if ICS issues faced by few users is hardware related or the upgrade ?

beekay201

Nov 8, 2010
To respond to OP:
- yes, you can stop receiving ota update notifications; root and freeze asus update launcher
- no, you cannot continue to receive honeycomb updates, honeycomb has been abandoned i think.

Sent from my Transformer Prime TF201