Best Unlocked Model for NYC/Overseas

Search This thread

nconnor

Nov 24, 2010
Hi, I am looking to buy a new unlocked Galaxy Note 2 to use on the Solavei/T-Mobile network. I live in Manhattan, NYC but like to travel and wondering if I buy the international version N7100 what is the fastest speed I can get in NYC? 4G?

What about the N7105?

Or the T889 from T-Mobile? Will this work well overseas?

What is the difference between these models in regards to T-Mobile data speed in NYC and general use overseas?

Thanks in advance!

e-motion

Jun 8, 2007
Unlocked SGH-T889, your phone will be pentaband ;)

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 2

darekz

I wonder if wifi calling will work from European ip addresses? That will allow to call USA practically for free. Anyone can comfirm that. Doesn't Tmobile sim need to be installed for wifi calling to work?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
I wonder if wifi calling will work from European ip addresses? That will allow to call USA practically for free. Anyone can comfirm that. Doesn't Tmobile sim need to be installed for wifi calling to work?

Others have done it in the past. You would need to have the tmo sim in.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Reactions: darekz

nconnor

Nov 24, 2010
Is there a difference in battery life between T889 and N7100 since the former uses the LTE network? I'm fine with H+ as long as I can get 5 Mbps down...

I'm not sure if I care about the Wifi calling since I will have unlimited calls on my plan, and will mostly be using it in Manhattan, sometimes Brooklyn, and other major US cities like Miami and LA so don't think I need to worry about roaming too much...right?

erm1001

May 25, 2010

Yes, I have done it in Mexico and France as long as you have T-mobile sim.

Reactions: darekz

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Others have done it in the past. You would need to have the tmo sim in.

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

Yes, I have done it in Mexico and France as long as you have T-mobile sim.