Trident Aegis

Search This thread

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
Sierra Nevada (west slope)
Just got one of these... pretty impressed.

I have had 4 cases so far (had a half dozen or so for my Nexus 4; none I was happy with) with my Moto X:

Otterbox Commuter: Too hard to take on/off, lousy buttons, slippery.

Amzer Pudding: Meh, buttons not so good.

Incipio Dual Pro: Love it.

Trident Aegis: This is one pretty beefy piece of silicone. While the plastic out piece is not as grippy as the almost candle wax feel of the Dual Pro, it has a better texture than the Commuter, and enough silicone in the middle and corners (with a nice little ear) to make the phone quite grippy, without it sticking to your pocket.
Not quite as easily put on/off as the Dual Pro, but much easier than the Commuter due to no outer hard shell going over the buttons.

Buttons feel just as positive as the Dual Pro. This is definitely my case for the golf course, hiking, and anywhere else I think it may get knocked around.

boss.

Oct 27, 2013
Hey man great overall summary. Would you happen to haircut any pictures of the phone inside the cases? Would love to see how they look.

Sent from my XT1055 using xda app-developers app

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Lazy-Link

Any opinions on the headphone jack? I run a Poetic case because I like the spacing of the headphone jack such I can easily plug into my car without taking off the case.

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
Lazy-Link

Any opinions on the headphone jack? I run a Poetic case because I like the spacing of the headphone jack such I can easily plug into my car without taking off the case.

Headphone jack has a very easily removed cover that moves well out of the way. But the diameter of the case above it doesn't seem like it would support a wide connector (I can measure if you want).

Reactions: alpha-niner64

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Headphone jack has a very easily removed cover that moves well out of the way. But the diameter of the case above it doesn't seem like it would support a wide connector (I can measure if you want).

Appreciate it. I went ahead and took pictures to give you a good idea. In terms of numbers: I'm hoping for around a 15mm clearance; whether it is at least feasible to trim the hole to make it so.

http://imgur.com/yBb6yvw
http://imgur.com/VbHG5P8

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012

UncleMike

Nov 11, 2010
I have the Seidio Dilex case w/ holster, and really like the look of the Aegis case better, but the lack of an available holster makes it a non-starter. Does anyone know if the Aegis case works well (or at all) with the Seidio holster? The dimensions listed on the Trident web site indicate that the Aegis case is 0.15" taller than the Dilex, but that's probably from the "points" at the ends, not the center - where the clip would hold the case in the holster.

alpha-niner64

Mar 7, 2011
Why is that plug so large?

It connects to my studio headphones, a pair of Sennheiser HD555s. The original plug is 6.35mm.

You could always get a short extension cable with a smaller plug.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

That doesn't sound like a bad idea...if push comes to shove....I might just do that. The only thing that worries about that is the change in impedance from doing that. I'm sure I can compensate but I hadn't thought of it before cause I always got lucky with the cases I bought being able to fit the whole 15mm diameter.

Last edited:

Solutions Etcetera

Oct 7, 2012
It connects to my studio headphones, a pair of Sennheiser HD555s. The original plug is 6.35mm.

That doesn't sound like a bad idea...if push comes to shove....I might just do that. The only thing that worries about that is the change in impedance from doing that. I'm sure I can compensate but I hadn't thought of it before cause I always got lucky with the cases I bought being able to fit the whole 15mm diameter.
I have 555's too. Great headset! But creating a short pigtail won't increase impedance. The 555 uses an OFC cable, so if you really want to keep it pure, make your pigtail out of the same stuff.

jim.1405

Jan 2, 2014
You could always get a short extension cable with a smaller plug.

That is what I use now so I don't ever have to worry about it no matter what phones/case combo I'm using. I hated the idea of limiting my case choices just because the jack opening was a little tight.

I have a Trident Aegis for my Moto G and it is indeed a tough, rugged case that provides a lot of protection. I use it when I think the phone might get bounced around some. But, I found it too bulky for every day use. Much more so than I thought it would be. I ended up with an Incipio DualPro and find I like it much better for normal use. It still provides good protection but without the extra bulk of the Aegis.

mmurano

Jan 28, 2013
Samsung Galaxy S20 FE
Appreciate it. I went ahead and took pictures to give you a good idea. In terms of numbers: I'm hoping for around a 15mm clearance; whether it is at least feasible to trim the hole to make it so.

The Ballistic SG1188-A065 SG Case for Motorola X Phone has a fairly large cut out for the headphones so it may do the trick. I manage to plug in the large socket adapter on the hifiman re-zero's, although sometimes I have to make certain they are connected snuggly.

Unfortunately the forum won't let me a post a link to show you how large the adapter is because I haven't made ten posts.

Try googling headphonia hifiman re-zero

Last edited:

grad061980

Dec 28, 2010
I have the Trident Aegis case for my X. Bought it off of Amazon, new in the retail packaging for $20.00. The case works well & as expected. The only gripes I have I that the opening for the headphone jack is wee bit small for all of my Jacks & it collects dust like crazy on the rubber parts of the case. It also is harder to find desktop docks & car mounts to fit the case (thickness & the charge port covers get in the way).

Sent from my XT1055 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Lazy-Link

http://imgur.com/yBb6yvw
    http://imgur.com/VbHG5P8

Oh no... unless that plug has an abnormally long sleeve, it would never fit.

I have 555's too. Great headset! But creating a short pigtail won't increase impedance. The 555 uses an OFC cable, so if you really want to keep it pure, make your pigtail out of the same stuff.

The Ballistic SG1188-A065 SG Case for Motorola X Phone has a fairly large cut out for the headphones so it may do the trick. I manage to plug in the large socket adapter on the hifiman re-zero's, although sometimes I have to make certain they are connected snuggly.

Unfortunately the forum won't let me a post a link to show you how large the adapter is because I haven't made ten posts.

Try googling headphonia hifiman re-zero