[Q] Rooting Issues :(

Search This thread

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
Hello everyone!! So I just bought the HTC One X running Android 4.1.1 and Sense 4+

I am attempting to root my phone but am having all sorts of problems with it. I have tried multiple root methods and I am continually stuck at "daemon started successfully" but then it just sits there.

I have tried installing HTC Sync, uninstalling it, tried one click root method, AIO toolkit and a few others and to no avail....

Any suggestions?

redpoint73

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Oct 24, 2007
One clicks don't work on this phone. You shouldn't try any methods except what is found on this forum.

Assume you are talking about Hasoon's toolkit, but you haven't been specific.

What step of the toolkit is failing?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
What are your bootloader details? To boot into the bootloader there are two methods.

With phone powered on
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), the button lights will start to flash, they will stop flashing and the screen will go blank, after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

With phone powered off
Hold the volume down button, then hold the power button (so you're holding both buttons together), after a couple of seconds let go of the power button but continue to hold the volume down button until you reach the white screen with text, this is your bootloader.

Please post the first five lines. And which exact section which exact toolkit is failing?

Sent from my Evita

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
The first 5 lines reads:

****LOCKED****
EVITA PVT SHIP S-ON RL
HBOOT-2.14.0000
RADIO-0.24P. 32.09.06
openDSP-v34.1.0.45.1219

The toolkit that I was using was Hasoon's AIO Toolkit.

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Forget the toolkit, you can do it without it. I think you have the at&t model judging by your radio version. Just click the How-To Guide For Beginners thread link in my signature and follow the instructions on how to unlock your bootloader there.

Sent from my Evita

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
Stuck

Forget the toolkit, you can do it without it. I think you have the at&t model judging by your radio version. Just click the How-To Guide For Beginners thread link in my signature and follow the instructions on how to unlock your bootloader there.

Sent from my Evita

So I am working through the steps on Timmaaa's how to guide for my root. I am stuck at command 5 "adb shell ln -s /data/local/tmp/busybox /data/local/tmp/sed"

When I type that in I get the response "1n not found"

What am I doing wrong?

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
So I am working through the steps on Timmaaa's how to guide for my root. I am stuck at command 5 "adb shell ln -s /data/local/tmp/busybox /data/local/tmp/sed"

When I type that in I get the response "1n not found"

What am I doing wrong?

I can see the problem there, you've mistyped the command. It's meant to be "ln," that's a lower case L, not a 1.

Also I had to close the command shell. Do I start from the beginning or back at command 5?

If the phone hasn't rebooted or anything, you should be ok to repeat that step you were last up to.

Sent from my Evita

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
Still....

Ok, so I got past command 5! :confused: Now command 6 is not working. I am going to attach a section of my cmd prompt for you to look at.

Attachments

• Screenshot_1.jpg
    Screenshot_1.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 24

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
Hmmm

So I am beginning to think that this may be a driver issue. When I manually go into my bootloader and connect the usb cable it is giving me an error message that the usb device was not recognized. I have htc sync installed. I thought that maybe the drivers got corrupted so I uninstalled and the reinstalled, still the same problem...

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Uninstall HTC Sync Manager but leave the drivers installed. Confirm a working connection by issuing the following commands:

Code:
adb devices
(While booted into Android)

Code:
fastboot devices
(While in fastboot mode)

Sent from my Evita

Heisenberg

Retired Forum Moderator
Jun 29, 2011
Knocking on your door
OnePlus 9 Pro
Come on, you could have very easily searched for that information. The first rule of XDA is to search before posting, and seeing as you posted two minutes after me I can tell you didn't search at all. Open it the same way you did with all the other commands you've been giving.

Sent from my Evita

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
Help

Uninstall HTC Sync Manager but leave the drivers installed. Confirm a working connection by issuing the following commands:

Code:
adb devices
(While booted into Android)

Code:
fastboot devices
(While in fastboot mode)

Sent from my Evita

Ok, so I uninstalled HTC Sync and kept the drivers. When using the command abd devices it returns my device. When using fastboot devices nothing returns.

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
Irritated

I have been attempting to install and uninstall drivers all day long. No matter what I do the command "fastboot devices" nothing comes up. When I am in fastboot mode my computer displays an error that "this device cannot start. (Code 10)"

I'm very frustrated.

driley6383

Jan 27, 2014
Sarasota
Yes. I tried on my desktop and laptop. While researching I see many posts about issues on windows 8. Do you think that could be the problem?

Sent from my HTC One X using XDA Free mobile app