[Dev] How can I gain access to file system on WP8

Search This thread

minhanhhere

May 23, 2014
Hi,

I know this may be a hard question but I want to ask if we can gain the access to the file system on WP8 without any unlocking/jailbreaking? Basically I need this for my app. Currently, some explorer app on Store can also do that (Pocket File Explorer).

Thanks,

gipfelgoas

Hi,

I know this may be a hard question but I want to ask if we can gain the access to the file system on WP8 without any unlocking/jailbreaking? Basically I need this for my app. Currently, some explorer app on Store can also do that (Pocket File Explorer).

Thanks,

What do you mean by access to the file system?
You can have access to the SD card and to picture, video and music library without interop unlock ?
But you won't get access to the full file system...

minhanhhere

May 23, 2014
What do you mean by access to the file system?
You can have access to the SD card and to picture, video and music library without interop unlock ?
But you won't get access to the full file system...

I need to gain access to Pictures/Video/Music public folder.
With "folder", I mean not using the MediaLibrary.

For example, if we using Pocket File Explorer, we can see that in folder Pictures/Camera Roll of Lumia 1020 or Lumia 1520, threre are PureView photos (named as *******_hi_res.jpg), but the MediaLibrary does not give me these files. Pocket File Explorer can create subfolder in the Public folder too. We cannot do that with MediaLibrary.

And I need this ability on WP8.0, not WP8.1

th0mas96

Nov 23, 2012
I need to gain access to Pictures/Video/Music public folder.
With "folder", I mean not using the MediaLibrary.

For example, if we using Pocket File Explorer, we can see that in folder Pictures/Camera Roll of Lumia 1020 or Lumia 1520, threre are PureView photos (named as *******_hi_res.jpg), but the MediaLibrary does not give me these files. Pocket File Explorer can create subfolder in the Public folder too. We cannot do that with MediaLibrary.

And I need this ability on WP8.0, not WP8.1

You need a special ability, ID_CAP_MEDIALIB_PHOTO_FULL, which is normally forbidden. Apps like Moliplayer or Pocket File Manager are partnering with Nokia, that's why they got the capability.