ZTE Z730 Concord II Root?

Search This thread

sardoggy

Aug 19, 2014
Another Bump

Hi, I registered just to say bump! This is a highly anticipated root and I wish all those working on it the best of luck. We eagerly await your fine work. Thanks again.

Reactions: Wolf.eagle1957

Dustinb22

Jun 26, 2011
Federal Way
How rooted I my Z730

Forgive me if I do an improper post; However, I was able to root my Z730 using this method. I can't remember where I got it. So I will say strait out this is not my work, and if you are the super awesome developer please let everyone know. I congratulate you sir. I am just starting my adventure into mobile development. I want to make a rom for this phone. My advice is to not hold your breath it may be some time before I get it done. If there is anyone out there whom wants to assist/teach me how to do this let me know.

PS- Make sure, when you unpack this zipped file, to have no spaces in the folder or file name.

Attachments

• ZTEROOTCWMV2.zip
    12.4 MB · Views: 6,347
Reactions: ruben parra
May 28, 2012
Oxard ca.
zterootconcordV2 _how did you Get it to work on your Z730?

hey, I have tried to get This to word but I think I am not doing some thing wrong when I unpack it from my desktop PC. maybe not renamed it right. I have look at the note book archive and it looks like it should work. could you please help me out and I Will be so thankful to you and all the Developments involved. what is happening 's that it *keeps dooming. comes up and runs ô the prompt but nothing is happening at all. seems like it is ADB BUT IT DOSE. NOT SIT STILL LONG ENOUGH TO TAKE?

WOLF.EAGLE1957

razorloves

Sep 19, 2007
Miami
Google Nexus 5
Nexus 9
Forgive me if I do an improper post; However, I was able to root my Z730 using this method. I can't remember where I got it. So I will say strait out this is not my work, and if you are the super awesome developer please let everyone know. I congratulate you sir. I am just starting my adventure into mobile development. I want to make a rom for this phone. My advice is to not hold your breath it may be some time before I get it done. If there is anyone out there whom wants to assist/teach me how to do this let me know.

PS- Make sure, when you unpack this zipped file, to have no spaces in the folder or file name.

looks like this is the original post for that zip, fyi.
http://androidforums.com/concord-2-all-things-root/872326-root-cwm-recovery-zte-concord-2-a.html

Reactions: hroark13

jmsmith4you

Dec 12, 2014
zte rep

Chat

Please hold while a Service Agent responds
Rachel is serving You
Rachel said:(19:35:10 12-11-2014)
Welcome to ZTE Live Chat service. How may I help you?
Rachel said:(19:35:18 12-11-2014)
Hi, thanks for choosing ZTE’s Live-Chat service.
Would you please provide me with your full name and email address?
You said:(19:37:36 12-11-2014)
I would love a copy or a nandroid backup of this ROM. I have seem to have messed my original ROM up.
Rachel said:(19:38:48 12-11-2014)
I'm sorry Kindly be specfy with the problem with the device.
You said:(19:40:48 12-11-2014)
While rooting the z730 I bricked it but I have clockworkmod installed.
Rachel said:(19:41:12 12-11-2014)
Okay,
You said:(19:42:03 12-11-2014)
If I had a original copy of a nandroid backup I could restore it back to factory
Rachel said:(19:42:12 12-11-2014)
May I know who is your service provider?
You said:(19:42:56 12-11-2014)
my phone is branded a tmobile but is currently serviced by net10 bring your own phone program.
Rachel said:(19:43:06 12-11-2014)
Okay,
You said:(19:46:42 12-11-2014)
do you have access to a link where I could download the ROM that was originally flashed to my device or a link to a nandroid backup of this device
Rachel said:(19:47:31 12-11-2014)
I'm sorry once you root your phone, it will be considered as Out of warranty and to fix it will cost. We do not provide any downloads you need to bear the charges for repair and mail the device to us.
You said:(19:48:06 12-11-2014)
is there an opportunity to become a developer for your company
Rachel said:(19:49:01 12-11-2014)
Sorry you have reached customer service, we dont have any information regarding that.
Rachel said:(19:49:19 12-11-2014)
For further information you can send an email to mobile@zte.com.cn
Rachel said:(19:50:46 12-11-2014)
Is there anything else that I can assist you with at this moment?
You said:(19:51:25 12-11-2014)
OK thank you for the suggestion and they will email them thank you is there anyway to unlock my phone that does not require a service provider
Rachel said:(19:51:37 12-11-2014)
I'm sorry is the phone is locked with the password?
You said:(19:52:42 12-11-2014)
No I would just like it to be GSM free so that I may use it with any carrier I choose
Rachel said:(19:53:04 12-11-2014)
We apologise you need to contact your servcie provider for network unlock code.
You said:(19:55:09 12-11-2014)
I take it you are not familiar with any programming code.as there is multiple calculators that I've already calculated imie codes.I thought it would be more convenient to contact the manufacturer and ask thim directly.
Rachel said:(19:56:37 12-11-2014)
We are being the manufacturer we do not provide any unlock codes to the cutomers. we are through the service providers and we manufacture devices, according to the service provider's request.
Rachel said:(19:57:34 12-11-2014)
Regarding the unlock code its related to service provider, who may provide you the network unlock code, only in case if you request them to get unlocked, hence please do contact your service on this and have a check.
You said:(19:59:54 12-11-2014)
well thank you very much and you have a good evening...and you've been absolutely unhelpful....
Rachel said:(20:01:10 12-11-2014)
I'm sorry but we cannot go beyond our company policies. It was a pleasure assisting you. Thank you for contacting ZTE. Have a wonderful day!
You said:(20:01:55 12-11-2014)
You to
Rachel said:(20:02:06 12-11-2014)

danjfoley

Jan 7, 2013
Bit of an off topic question here.. but I'm looking for a user of the android set concord 2 to let me do some remote control testing of my web app. I've got a customer who has a problem on that specific phone and I can't reproduce it.

Thanks.

Feb 17, 2016
Help! Plz

I am rooted. Flohawks awesome asec.bat file. I was wondering if i could change the recovery.img and edit the asec.bat file to install twrp instead of cwm? Cwm is unable to mount my ext sd. I have never had any problems w/ twrp and also want to try out the new colors they have.

Candiilovee

Jul 26, 2016
Has anyone found a way to root the ZTE concord without a computer.??? I had kingroot work just for about five mins than it says when it needs authorization it kicks back saying it's not rooted anymore. So I can't flash supersu zip. I'm not sure what to do. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much!

oberste

Mar 2, 2017
bricked Z730 (did not root it, I think), looking for toolkit to fix

- using Z730 the cell phone for work (e-mail, calendar, phone), always worked reasonably well,
- somehow deleted/disabled the wrong apps: result: could not get work e-mail and calendar to function any more nor could the help desk. (tried to delete account and re-install, did that many times successfully in the past, can't connect to server any more; phone/web works, google account works, server works from all other devices tried)
- The phone seems somewhat messed up (e.g. camera app missing [also not under 'disabled apps'])
- not sure what I am saying here, but I thought it would be a good idea to use a 'toolkit' and fix the OS (Android 4.3)
- where do I find the right toolkit with reasonably foolproof instructions?

Thanks for any help

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anyone have any idea if the ZTE Concord II (Z730) for MetroPCS can be rooted or has found a way actually do it?

I've looked around and doesn't seem like there's an way to root it yet.
    Another Bump

Hi, I registered just to say bump! This is a highly anticipated root and I wish all those working on it the best of luck. We eagerly await your fine work. Thanks again.
    How rooted I my Z730

looks like this is the original post for that zip, fyi.
    http://androidforums.com/concord-2-all-things-root/872326-root-cwm-recovery-zte-concord-2-a.html