[Q] Totally lost with GT-i9100T recovery issue

Search This thread

dropscarlet

Aug 29, 2014
Hey all

I'm having an issue with my friends GT-i9100T. He was having some problems with adware and read online how to enter recovery mode to do a factory reset. Since doing so, the phone will only boot to the Samsung splash screen and gets no further. Recovery is now unavailable (gets to the screen with the android with the blue spinning cage in his chest, but phone just reboots and locks up on Samsung splash again after about 5 minutes).

Download mode is available.

Kies doesn't recognize the device, though it does attempt to connect. just doesn't get past "connecting". I've tried this on 2 computers, three different cables, and two different batteries (I read these things can sometimes cause connection issues).

So I don't really know what to do from here. I considered flashing a stock ROM or CWM via odin as I can access download mode, but have absolutely no idea what version to use, as I can't access any of the phones info, and not really confident enough to jump to that in case I do more harm than good. I've used odin before to root my s4, but am far from experienced enough to start experimenting randomly.

Any tips, tricks, or advice would be greatly appreciated!!