[ROM] CyanogenMod 9 alpha6: Android 4.0.4 for Samsung Epic 4G Touch

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

lems111

Jun 5, 2009
Just wanted to make sure it didn't say unknown ... sometimes basebands get messed up and has some strange effects ... I'm out of ideas, anybody else? Broox is right though, you're getting signal, just not syncing with google. That's the diff between the grey and blue.

---------- Post added at 12:24 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:22 AM ----------

No CM9 is out of alpha ... none. All CM9s are where they are because the people that decided to dev for it on that device have gotten it to that point. Just depends on what people where able to do with the resources available to them.

I guess, you already tried to flash a clean install, in case something got dorked up?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk

Specialksg1

Jan 16, 2011
Portland, OR
my goodness this is sooooo frustrating. so my phone completely freezes up and won't do anything. i pull the battery and now it will not connect to wifi or 3g. when i try to start wifi i get the following message

WIFI Direct Start Wi Fi Direct operation. This will turn off wifi/client/hotspot features

cancel ok

except there is no way i can see to start this.

what the heck is going on? i did nothing other than reboot my phone.

any ideas?

edit - ok now i got wifi to finally turn on. it says connected but does not have any connection the wifi icon is still grayed out just like the 3g icons when wifi is off. i have a signal but nothing turns blue. i've rebooted 5-6 times now with no changes

What were you doing when it froze up?

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Just wanted to make sure it didn't say unknown ... sometimes basebands get messed up and has some strange effects ... I'm out of ideas, anybody else? Broox is right though, you're getting signal, just not syncing with google. That's the diff between the grey and blue.

yep. ****ing hell i only wish i would have been adequately warned in the install instructions that i'd lose my recovery with this rom and wouldn't be able to flash to others easily.

i guess i have to learn how to use this Odin bull**** now

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

What were you doing when it froze up?

looking at the app suckers in batter battery stats to try to figure out if the battery is really this bad with this rom or if something was sucking the life out of it.

Specialksg1

Jan 16, 2011
Portland, OR
yep. ****ing hell i only wish i would have been adequately warned in the install instructions that i'd lose my recovery with this rom and wouldn't be able to flash to others easily.

i guess i have to learn how to use this Odin bull**** now

---------- Post added at 07:27 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:26 PM ----------

looking at the app suckers in batter battery stats to try to figure out if the battery is really this bad with this rom or if something was sucking the life out of it.

Weird stuff ... Well, on the plus side, odin is extremely easy to use and as an Epic 4G owner and now an Epic 4G Touch owner, is my best friend when it comes to fixing my phones. Good luck and god speed.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
is there any way to clear data in any of the google applications like gmail or the market? these apps aren't even listed in the apps under settings.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

Weird stuff ... Well, on the plus side, odin is extremely easy to use and as an Epic 4G owner and now an Epic 4G Touch owner, is my best friend when it comes to fixing my phones. Good luck and god speed.

thanks. coming from the Evo Odin is completely foreign to me.

i guess i need to odin a different kernal but make certain it doesn't boot then boot into recovery and i can load a backed up old rom?

charlesvw9

Nov 19, 2008
Houston, Tx
is there any way to clear data in any of the google applications like gmail or the market? these apps aren't even listed in the apps under settings.

---------- Post added at 07:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:39 PM ----------

i guess i need to odin a different kernal but make certain it doesn't boot then boot into recovery and i can load a backed up old rom?

Those apps are listed under running usually

rickyq12

Jul 31, 2010
Austin, TX

They are listed under 'all' in the same screen.

Sent from my Modified with AWESOMENESS Epic 4G Touch.

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA

They're there, it's just hard to find them at first, threw me off too. Where it says On SD, and Downloaded and running, tap there and slide to the left and "all" will show up, then you can see all the apps and clear their settings.

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
They are listed under 'all' in the same screen.

Sent from my Modified with AWESOMENESS Epic 4G Touch.

damn i didn't even know you could swipe over to see ALL. so used to using ICS on a table using it on the phone still takes a bit getting used to

cleared the data on all my google apps. i rebooted a few more times and i have it connected to wifi now somehow. however, there still is no communication with google servers.

any ideas as to why this thing won't connect to gmail, market, etc?

Specialksg1

Jan 16, 2011
Portland, OR

That is correct ... quick question, did you flash gapps?

Nevermind, you found them :)

coiledwire

Oct 20, 2010
norcal
I can help with CM9 development, darchstar (and sbrissen). I have extensive Android/Software Development experience (C/C++, Java, Python, etc). I came from the Sprint HTC Hero as well actually. I can work on some existing bugs and also work on getting the GS2 Kernel ported over (I think there are radio wake lock problems in the FCxx kernels) as I think that will make the biggest difference for everyone.

The only hold up right this second is that I'm getting married this Saturday, so I won't be able to contribute for a couple weeks.

All of this said, I did want to point out 1 bug that would likely fix a some battery issues. Because the notification LED interrupts the wake locks and the "Phantom Voicemail" triggers the notification LED, battery life will decrease substantially every time one is received. The fix shouldn't be too difficult to add into the Phone.apk (And create a toggle to enable/disable it in case some people actually use the old-school voicemail)

I also noticed the other night that even when the phone is idle (screen on) I'm seeing the upstream/downstream traffic indicators (I have virtually no applications on my phone at present so it is likely OS related). It may well be worth running tshark or the equivalent packet sniffers to determine what is generating traffic.

Linked is the modded phone.apk to remove the persistent VM notification for cm9 alpha1. Its only 1 smali edit; pm me if you'd like more info.

http://db.tt/tlCdAesw

Sent from my SPH-D710

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
That is correct ... quick question, did you flash gapps?

Nevermind, you found them :)

yeah, i use CM or CM9 on my other android devices so i know about Gaaps but its just so weird at how insanely different it is getting it up and running on the E4gt

any idea why my gmail, market, etc all google apps refuse to talk to google servers and nothing will sync even after clearing app data?

charlesvw9

Nov 19, 2008
Houston, Tx
damn i didn't even know you could swipe over to see ALL. so used to using ICS on a table using it on the phone still takes a bit getting used to

cleared the data on all my google apps. i rebooted a few more times and i have it connected to wifi now somehow. however, there still is no communication with google servers.

any ideas as to why this thing won't connect to gmail, market, etc?

Are you sure you flashed the right Gapps? Maybe try reflashing the ROM, then the Gapps...

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA
yeah, i use CM or CM9 on my other android devices so i know about Gaaps but its just so weird at how insanely different it is getting it up and running on the E4gt

any idea why my gmail, market, etc all google apps refuse to talk to google servers and nothing will sync even after clearing app data?

Stupid simple question, but are you sure you typed in your password correctly. I don't mean to sound insulting, but sometimes the simplest thing is the last thing you would think to try.

I'd go in and delete your account from your phone, maybe reboot then for the hell of it, then add your account again. If your using 2-step verification, maybe delete the password you made and setup a new one.

Last edited:

knives of ice

Jul 12, 2007
Xiaomi Mix Fold 2
Stupid simple question, but are you sure you typed in your password correctly. I don't mean to sound insulting, but sometimes the simplest thing is the last thing you would think to try.

I'd go in and delete your account from your phone, maybe reboot then for the hell of it, then add your account again. If your using 2-step verification, maybe delete the password you made and setup a new one.

yeah it was working fine i've even replied to emails and downloaded apps today all of a sudden after that lockup and no internet working nothing will sync. clearing out the app data did not help. i'll try deleting the account now.

sucks cause i finally had everything setup perfectly on this phone but i'm tired of putting in all this time and it not working.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

so i deleted my google account. i am connected to my wifi and can use the browser to surf the net.

so i try to sign into my google account and it says:

can't establish a reliable connection to the server. this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services.

so this thing doesn't think its connected to wifi for some reason

any ideas?

garfnodie

Apr 2, 2008
Columbia, TN, USA
yeah it was working fine i've even replied to emails and downloaded apps today all of a sudden after that lockup and no internet working nothing will sync. clearing out the app data did not help. i'll try deleting the account now.

sucks cause i finally had everything setup perfectly on this phone but i'm tired of putting in all this time and it not working.

---------- Post added at 08:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:00 PM ----------

so i deleted my google account. i am connected to my wifi and can use the browser to surf the net.

so i try to sign into my google account and it says:

can't establish a reliable connection to the server. this could be a temporary problem or your android device may not be provisioned for data services.

so this thing doesn't think its connected to wifi for some reason

any ideas?

I say start from scratch. After you get EL26 cwm back on, use calkulins format all zip an well as wipe all yourself, then reflash everything.

cjwaggsrx8

Jun 3, 2011
You have to go to wifi advanced settings and change it so wifi only stays on during sleep when connected to the charger. By default it always stays on if enabled, which prevents the phone from going to deep sleep.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

Yeah I appreciate the response but that is not what I'm saying. I have all the settings correct(by default on cm9 they are correct) I'm saying there is a serious sleep issue on wifi. If I fully charge the phone (unplug)turn on wifi then go to bed I wake to 40% battery. However if I do the same on 3g I wake up to 90%. See what I'm saying mane. Wifi sleep issues!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts