Samsung wont fix my screen because of root????

Search This thread

jghidalgo307

Jun 20, 2011
So I sent my note 2 to Samsung for a screen repair after it cracked and ink was leaking internally. Half of the screen didnt respond to touching but the spen worked on the whole screen. I received my unit back a week later just to find out that it came back the same way I sent it. I called them and they told me that they didnt repair it because i had root it and that it broke warranty. I told them I was paying for the repair that no warranty was involved. They said that I was breaking the law and that Samsung is not held responsible nor do they want to associate themselves with such devices. I told them that this had nothing to do with software that it was just a hardware fix which i was PAYING for. I sent my original note to get the screen replaced but it didnt have ink leaking inside and it was also rooted. So this leaves me to believe in two things, they either chose not to fix it because of the ink and are using the root as an excuse or they are becoming real ***holes and forcing us to do what they want with their product like Apple and "punishing" me for "breaking the law"

Have any of you guys had this problem before? and if you are from NYC do you know any good place I can have my screen replaced? Thanks