[Q] Xiaomi MI-2s // Jiayu G4s Port

Search This thread

Sparrow40k

Mar 9, 2014
Sydney
Hey everyone, I am very new to porting ROMs and this is my very first attempt at it. I am trying to port Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.2) from a Xiaomi MI-2s to a Jiayu G4s. I've been reading as much as I can from different sources and from what I've understood. When porting a ROM, you mainly just need both ROMs to be the same CPU type (In this case: ARMv7). But other sources and information around suggest that doing such a port isn't that simple at all?

- Xiaomi MI-2s
CPU: Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300
- Jiayu G4s
CPU: Octa-core 1.7 GHz MTK6592

Could someone please explain, because I am starting to believe that my little project is impossible..
Can I port the Xiaomi MI-2s ROM to a Jiayu G4s?

Ouzo

Nov 30, 2007
Hey everyone, I am very new to porting ROMs and this is my very first attempt at it. I am trying to port Cyanogenmod 11 (4.4.2) from a Xiaomi MI-2s to a Jiayu G4s. I've been reading as much as I can from different sources and from what I've understood. When porting a ROM, you mainly just need both ROMs to be the same CPU type (In this case: ARMv7). But other sources and information around suggest that doing such a port isn't that simple at all?

- Xiaomi MI-2s
CPU: Quad-core 1.7 GHz Krait 300
- Jiayu G4s
CPU: Octa-core 1.7 GHz MTK6592

Could someone please explain, because I am starting to believe that my little project is impossible..
Can I port the Xiaomi MI-2s ROM to a Jiayu G4s?

I would start by using a source phone that already has MIUI support and the same MT6592 System on Chip.There is already at least one MIUI ROM for the G4S in the forums at this link http://www.592zn.com/. Use Google Translate to read the forum if needed - I certainly had to.