Motoblur Update 219 +Download (Instructions modified for Root users)

Search This thread

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus
Flashed this and when it rebooted i was still in. 215. If i try to take the ota it looks like it gets too like 90%, then reboots back into. 215

Sent from my DROID4 using XDA

That's odd. It didn't give you any error message when trying to flash from stock recovery? If it gives you an error we might be able to figure where it's getting hung up. If not, using the .219 fastboot might be the easiest. Just make sure you back up first if you do.

kwyrt

Apr 25, 2011
Columbus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    DOWNLOAD AND INSTALL AT YOUR OWN RISK.

This will temporarily disable Safestrap, but once appled, you can restore Safestrap, and your previous Safe system should still be intact.

This is the Motorola update that is being soak tested. To install it, I unfroze all apps, used Voodoo Root Keeper to backup root, and installed from SD card.

To install from SD:
    1. Download the file and place it at the root of the SD. After backing up root with Voodoo and unfreezing all apps, prepare to shut down the phone. You should temp-unroot with VooDoo at this point.
    2. When turning the phone on, press and hold vol-up and vol-down at the same time. When you have the bootloader menu, press vol-down and then vol-up to get to Motorola recovery.
    3. Reveal the recovery options by pressing vol-up and vol-down at the same time when the android and exclanation mark appears.
    4. Choose to install a zip from SD, and choose the update. Power button serves as select, volume buttons to move selection.
    5. When the update finishes and your phone reboots, restore root from Voodoo, and re-freeze any bloat. You can also restore Safestrap now.

Direct Download of Update Package:
    http://omniimpact.com/android/motorola_updates/Blur_Version.6.13.215.XT894.Verizon.en.US.zip

Recommended Software:

- AntTek App Manager
    - Voodoo OTA Root Keeper

NOTE: If you lose Root accidentally, that is OK, just re-root the same way you did before.

NOTE 2: Did you delete or modify your system apps instead of just freezing them? This update will fail. You need to take these packages from the original firmware and use them to replace yours. The zip file contains just the packages you need extracted from skylarmb's very useful ROM.

I posted this a a bit back, but here is a link to my "system/app" folder. It contains versions of everything required to pass the update. Make sure that you remove "_fro" from anything that I have frozen. The updater should look for either the original version, or the version from itself (which these are).

Edit:
    I decided to make this simple. I downloaded skylarmb's stock pre-rooted rom, and extracted the original APKs. Here is a zip file with the unmodified files from the original ROM /system/app folder. Replace yours with these, and you should be good to go.

http://omniimpact.com/android/motorola_updates/stockRooted-system-app-215.zip

I have also updated the original post in the thread to reflect this.
    All i did was use voodoo to temp unroot and installed update. Worked fine for me. But if this post was here before i did anything i would've followed it. I am having one issue tho. Play store wants to force close a bit. Not alot but it never did before

Sent from my DROID4 using xda premium
    I find it odd that the update could conflict with itself. If that is the case, Verizon has a serious oversight since that means any partially applied update would brick a phone (instead of just resuming where it left off). Let me know how it works out.

BAM! stock build.prop file from the day I got the phone. Feel free to break yours.

P.S. Don't forget about file permissions when replacing yours