JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion Here - All others will be locked -

Search This thread

O_G

Retired Senior Moderator / Retired ET Admin
Jul 8, 2007
JellyBean Speculation/News/Discussion Thread

To prevent the forum getting clogged up with "jellybean" threads, i have created this to centralize all. Please only post Jellybean related stuff here, ignoring this could be taken as failure to cooperate with a moderator.​

Last edited:

amokkx

Jun 29, 2011
I'll start ! :D
No more Adobe Flash-Player for Android >=4.1.
Tho I like that decision, it might suck for some people that visit websites which use alot of Flash.

Reactions: thecyancow

GerBBAR14_c

May 6, 2012
Tho I like that decision, it might suck for some people that visit websites which use alot of Flash.

Not a problem for me, but yeah, some will not like that too much....

I guess it's pretty stupid to make it incompatible. Why cannot they just leave it put by default and let it work with other browsers of the user chooses to download it from Play?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

GerBBAR14_c

May 6, 2012
Chrome as a default browser is GREAT.

They'll definitely put a lot of effort to it and make it even better with shorter release cycles and so forth.

Sent from my HTC One S using xda premium

Reactions: alforque

jmacdonald19

Jul 12, 2008
Minneapolis
Had someone with a Nexus that already had JellyBean on it and he gave me a demonstration of "Google Now". Never was that interested in the whole Siri thing but I have to say I was damned impressed. And now I know how tall Mt. Everest is too!

BiteBlaze

Mar 18, 2012
Wisconsin
coldbloodedroms.com
Very, VERY Excited for Jellybean. I used to have a nexus and literally sold it 2 days before jellybean came out for it (AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY) but I am content for now with ice cream sandwich. Jellybean is really nice, my friend has my old nexus and let me try out all of the new features, our phone is still faster though.

amokkx

Jun 29, 2011
[...] I guess it's pretty stupid to make it incompatible. Why cannot they just leave it put by default and let it work with other browsers of the user chooses to download it from Play?
My guess is, that Google will implement Flash into Chrome, maybe even as a system-app.
Google said that they'll support and keep developing Flash for Chrome(Linux-Version)

mythek88

May 13, 2010

is that really gonna to happen? so what will happen when we visit sites that have flash (which many do)?

sounds like android wants to become IOS?

whozilla

Mar 5, 2012
signal hill ca
Based on the little material I have read
4.1 Change log
.chrome as default
.adobe flash removed
.Smoother ui (butter)
.secure face unlock
.scrollable notifications
.disable notifications feature.
.google voice search/now (Replace search button)siri
.improved home screen customization
.google play content update.
.NFC update.

Correct me if I'm wrong or missed something

Sent from my HTC One S.
banner2.png

amokkx

Jun 29, 2011
is that really gonna to happen? so what will happen when we visit sites that have flash (which many do)?

sounds like android wants to become IOS?
As I understood it, Adobe will leave the app in the store, they just won't optimize/develop it any further. And as I said in my earlier post, Google will keep developing Flash Player for Linux as a plugin for Chrome. So my guess is, that they will implement it in their Chrome-App.

Flash always sucked in perfomance and had security issues all the way. HTML5 is the way to go. We just gotta hope that more and more websites will support HTML5 instead of lame Flash Player.

xxquicksh0txx

Jul 17, 2010
Akron, Ohio
Flash player is going to go away in the future anyways, it's all going towards html5. You're going to start seeing more html5 and less flash on the internet.

WCCobra

May 12, 2012
Flash player is going to go away in the future anyways, it's all going towards html5. You're going to start seeing more html5 and less flash on the internet.

I agree, Adobe decided to kill flash. Google has no reason to keep flash alive. Don't you think Chrome would already support Flash if they were going to?

kekkojoker90

Sep 20, 2011
Based on the little material I have read
4.1 Change log
.chrome as default
.adobe flash removed
.Smoother ui (butter)
.secure face unlock
.scrollable notifications
.disable notifications feature.
.google voice search/now (Replace search button)siri
.improved home screen customization
.google play content update.
.NFC update.

Correct me if I'm wrong or missed something

Sent from my HTC One S.
banner2.png
You missed google ears. If you ask what is it? Is widget like shazam, find title of music and search in google music :D

mythek88

May 13, 2010
As I understood it, Adobe will leave the app in the store, they just won't optimize/develop it any further. And as I said in my earlier post, Google will keep developing Flash Player for Linux as a plugin for Chrome. So my guess is, that they will implement it in their Chrome-App.

Flash always sucked in perfomance and had security issues all the way. HTML5 is the way to go. We just gotta hope that more and more websites will support HTML5 instead of lame Flash Player.

thanks for the information, i feel more relieved :D

GerBBAR14_c

May 6, 2012
So how is this going to work?

The JB source will be released in July, right? Can modders start building full, working ROM's after that or do they need something more? What? Do we need something from HTC?

The system dump or anythin' like that isn't enough for a fully working ROM, AFAIK - right?

Dunno about making ROM's like... anything :p

Thanks for everyone who dedicate their time for this!!

kjacksonmusic

Dec 26, 2010
Ft Myers
So how is this going to work?

The JB source will be released in July, right? Can modders start building full, working ROM's after that or do they need something more? What? Do we need something from HTC?

The system dump or anythin' like that isn't enough for a fully working ROM, AFAIK - right?

Dunno about making ROM's like... anything :p

Thanks for everyone who dedicate their time for this!!

the jb developer kit is already available for download from google, the ota updates will begin for the nexus line in july. The ability to create a aosp rom is already available. I believe we already have some devs working on a kernel.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread cleaned (a bit)

OK, guys,

I clened the thread of about 50 of the most trolling/OT posts (from the last 100 posts alone). I won't go further back because of time restrictions. Please, though this thread topic is held very widely by purpose, try to at least stay within it's boundaries. I'll keep an eye on it, and if I find repeat-offenders, there will be trouble.

peace

jotha - forum moderator
    Thread Cleaned

Stop with the random off topic questions and spamming. This thread is for JB news and discussion only.​
    Some humour to ease up the tension :)
    You know,its not abouth htc update crap,its aboyth why they sux....tbh I loveD htc..but after reading THEY ARE SORRY FOR MAKING ONE X WITH HARDWARE not software bug!which cant be solved!!!!And this crap s bug with home button on our one s WITH SH IT BATTERY COMPARING to s3...i were idiot to get this one s.....my bad mistake..htc do make nice phones,but hey,whats difference when u put them in case?NONE..shame on htc..they should ask themself WHY they lost soo much money this year TOTAL FAIL ..welcome sam**** ...shame no normal phone maker......

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app

U mad bro?

Sent from my HTC One S using xda app-developers app
    Why the hell all people post that no update is available?
    Post only if you have the update please.

gesendet von meinem Viper One S