[Toolkit] Wug's Nexus Root Toolkit v. 2.1.9

Search This thread

CBers

Mar 19, 2012
Kent
tamanaco...you're problem most likely is that you have a custom recovery on your N7. An OTA will not be successfully installed with a custom recovery present. You have a couple of options...I prefer option 2, but here goes: 1) Use the Toolkit to restore the "stock recovery", download and install Voodoo Rootkeeper, backup root, then temp unroot and take the OTA update to 4.2.1. After the OTA has finished you can restore root with Voodoo Rootkeeper. Option 2...using the Toolkit restore "stock recover", unroot and take the OTA. After OTA has finished use the Toolkit to root and install a custom recovery.
Not sure that's true.

I have TWRP installed and the OTA went on OK on both my Nexus 7 and Nexus 10.

I had to use VOODOO ROOTKEEPER to restore root and re-flash TWRP but all working OK.

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk 2

bennettg

Nov 11, 2010
I need help. Noob mistake.

I had installed scotts cleanrom 2.0 (4.2 based) and wanted to revert back to 4.1. I have new bootloader. i couldnt get clockwork mod to work so I tried to flash the stockrom thru rom tool app. everything went bad, many error messages, etc. I'm bricked. i can only get to fastboot mode, not recovery.

so i'm now trying to use the toolkit to reflash the stock rom and start all over, but my windows box keeps saying "waiting for device". I think the adb drivers are not working or something, but when i try to go into the toolkit to start anew, it tells me i need to be in adroid and select usb debugging, etc. i cant do that so i seem stuck. the computer is not seeing my nexus 7 when plugged in by usb while it is in fastboot. any ideas?

thanks.
desperate noob.

WugFresh

Inactive Recognized Developer
Oct 28, 2010
I need help. Noob mistake.

I had installed scotts cleanrom 2.0 (4.2 based) and wanted to revert back to 4.1. I have new bootloader. i couldnt get clockwork mod to work so I tried to flash the stockrom thru rom tool app. everything went bad, many error messages, etc. I'm bricked. i can only get to fastboot mode, not recovery.

so i'm now trying to use the toolkit to reflash the stock rom and start all over, but my windows box keeps saying "waiting for device". I think the adb drivers are not working or something, but when i try to go into the toolkit to start anew, it tells me i need to be in adroid and select usb debugging, etc. i cant do that so i seem stuck. the computer is not seeing my nexus 7 when plugged in by usb while it is in fastboot. any ideas?

thanks.
desperate noob.

USB debugging is just for ADB when your device is on. You just need your computer to communicate with your device in fastboot mode. Chose a driver solution, like #3, and stat from the steps that describe configuring your device in bootloader mode (for #3, thats step 7). Once your drivers are configured in that state, you can proceed to use "Flash Stock + Unroot" with can't boot up... and all will be well. :)

{{ WugFresh }}

Capt.PP

Oct 19, 2010
OC
Just bought my nexus 7 yesterday and been reading thru to see the easiest best method to unlock bootloader and root and this seems to be it. I updated fully to 4.2.1 yesterday, will this still work on it? And I don't see any instruction. Should I assume it will go to download mode for me once I start hitting unlock then root or did I miss something?

http://wugfresh.com/Help/

Reactions: truth77

DanteGR

Dec 14, 2010
Thessaloniki
www.facebook.com
OnePlus 11
Guys i want to unroot and relock my N7 for guarantee purposes.
Is it enough to restore the nandroid backup of my stock rom (4.2 since i already updated via OTA before rooting) and then hitting "flash stock and unroot" and after that "lock device" in the main menu of the NRT?
Is there something else i should do?
Many many thanks in advance :)

Sent from my JellyBean Renovated HTC One X Quad-Core Beast

3kgt

Jan 8, 2010
Guys i want to unroot and relock my N7 for guarantee purposes.
Is it enough to restore the nandroid backup of my stock rom (4.2 since i already updated via OTA before rooting) and then hitting "flash stock and unroot" and after that "lock device" in the main menu of the NRT?
Is there something else i should do?
Many many thanks in advance :)

Sent from my JellyBean Renovated HTC One X Quad-Core Beast

Idont think so!
I would use the Toolkit to get it back to stock and lock the N7 again..

Mallikanth

Mar 24, 2011
Wales
Just leaving this here...

I'm no genius or Forum snob but every few pages I'm seeing the same questions over and over again with only a few exceptions.:crying:
Please folks use the Search This Thread facility that available in every thread on XDA (Not just this one) .:cool:

ei032b.jpg

Reactions: Eddie Dickens

l33ch0r

Apr 12, 2011
This worked just like a charme - so easy :)

Takes as good as no skills to use it - compared to rooting and unlocking bootloader on my Desire HD back in the days - this was just clicking, reading and doing as said :D

thank you very much for that ;)

There's one question I have, nearly nothing to do with this toolkit and definetely offtopic, but here it is: If I let the nexus 7 get the latest update, will I keep root?

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
This worked just like a charme - so easy :)

Takes as good as no skills to use it - compared to rooting and unlocking bootloader on my Desire HD back in the days - this was just clicking, reading and doing as said :D

thank you very much for that ;)

There's one question I have, nearly nothing to do with this toolkit and definetely offtopic, but here it is: If I let the nexus 7 get the latest update, will I keep root?

http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/can-i-still-take-an-ota-after-i-unlock-and-root-4/

OTAs break root unless you use an app like root keeper, or you enable "Survival Mode" in SuperSU's settings. That said, you can just reroot again with the toolkit if you need too.

{{ WugFresh }}

Reactions: l33ch0r

hamurabi1

Feb 9, 2011
I still got problems with getting into recovery mode...I unroot the device than root again with stock recovery and everythin goes just fine. When I try to get into recovery I got that android sign wit red exclamation mark again. Help!

WugFresh

Oct 28, 2010
I still got problems with getting into recovery mode...I unroot the device than root again with stock recovery and everythin goes just fine. When I try to get into recovery I got that android sign wit red exclamation mark again. Help!

That android on its back is stock recovery. You need to press both volume buttons and power button to see the menu. If you want a custom recovery then you need to check that checkbox before hitting the root button.

{{ WugFresh }}

hamurabi1

Feb 9, 2011
I finally fix the problem...I have to flash the image file on the device again. Somehow I've lost recovery on my tablet. It's ok now. Everything works just perfect thansk to that wonderfull Root Toolkit.

TheByteSmasher

Jan 14, 2010
Atlantis
if i want to reroot what build do i use to reroot when my device is on 4.2.1?

FOR EVERYONE: If your device isn't listed due to a recent Android update use the Any build option! (Feel free to refer people to this post free of charge :D)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

---------- Post added at 09:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:09 PM ----------

WugFresh, in the future, would it be possible to add a "Non-Wipe Flash Stock + Unroot" Back to Stock Option?

It's not possible to revert to stock without wiping.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Unlocking, rooting, relocking and unrooting simplified! (and much more!)

VERSION 2.1.4 - This program will automatically bring together all the files you need to unlock and root your device in a few clicks, or flash it back to stock and re-lock it. You can also use this program to backup/restore all your important data, flash zips, set file permissions, push and pull files, install apps, generate logcats/bugreports, and much more! With the included file association options, you can perform tasks like flashing zips, installing apps, restoring android backup files, and flashing/booting img files with just a double click! The program includes a full featured interface for automating tasks in TWRP, enhanced restore features, an in-built auto-updater/notification system, ‘any build’ mode, advanced restore features,’NRT- Live Log’ for viewing the adb/fastboot cmds that are run in the background, quick tools utilities, and tools for taking screenshots/screen-recordings. All the latest official Android builds and Nexus devices are supported. The program intelligently and selectively downloads the files it needs for your device and makes sure you are using the latest files available. The program can even auto-detect your device and build. This release brings full Marshmallow root support plus all automated features by utilizing a new system that no longer requires modified boot.imgs. Check out the updated changelog for a more comprehensive breakdown of the feature set and changes in this release.

~ my goal for this project is make the entire process as smooth and simple as possible ~

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FGjk3UTsOYMSzkx4KT3SZlCiruqY%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252FGDhJYE8.jpg

https%3A%2F%2Fxdaforums.com%2Fimg.xda-cdn.com%2FpzfGGfwJWl0dnds_9og1tODaVzU%3D%2Fhttp%253A%252F%252Fi.imgur.com%252Fq1o1kav.jpg

Please read the FAQs before posting questions: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/faqs/

Looking for a walk-through? >> Excellent Instructional/How-To Videos: http://www.wugfresh.com/videos/

More information & Download Links: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/

Changelog: http://www.wugfresh.com/nrt/changelog/

Enjoy! ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Hey, great work! Have you ever thought about making a mac or linux port? I'd really love to help you make one!

Email me: stevepink8@gmail.com
    For those of you who have 1.5.5 already, the 1.6.0 update package is officially live now. I am updating my site right now with new information and the full version.

I was able to do everything I set out to do in this release. Support for the Nexus 10, 4, new 3G Nexus 7. 4.2.0 support, and what I spent the most time on - a fully web backed system, that autograbs the latest files the toolkit needs, and populates everything from text files I maintain on the web, making keeping the toolkit updated with the latest files nearly instantaneous.

Lots more info coming. Enjoy ^_^

p.s. thank you all for your patience.

{{ WugFresh }}
    Working on it now. Been really busy though with another project though; https://capsules.io/ks.html

I will try my best to get the toolkit updated asap in my limited free time. There are some other changes/updates I need to integrate as well, but not too many. Cheers.

{{ WugFresh }}

Coding went pretty smooth this round. v1.8.3 is up. (Yes, it supports 4.4.3)

Enjoy ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}
    Ok, so my coding is going really well today. I really think I will be done tonight. Yay!

A word to the wise though; The program now uses Goo.im as the backend for everything because my host just couldn't handle it. They were nice enough to allocate me a large quantity of direct downloads (more than enough) through the program, but there is a daily cap; 30 per day per unique IP. That said, triggering a check for update, will register as a download because it downloads a small text file. So I recommend against checking for updates repeatedly today because your IP will get blocked and when the update is actually out later tonight you won't be able to use the updater, and will have to download the full version.

That said, the full version is going to be SIGNIFICANTLY smaller. The toolkit will now be entirely backed by an automated file list on the web. This means, the toolkit will only grab the files it needs. So if you only have a Gnex, it won't come with all the files for every single nexus device, but rather.. it will download them when you select that in the toolkit (if it doesn't detect them already in the local directory).

The device and build lists will now be populated from a text file that the toolkit can grab from the web. That means, in the future when a new build comes out, I can make it so the toolkit self updates within 20 minutes with everything it needs, and that build will be listed. Same goes for autoupdating CWM, TWRP, and SuperSU. The toolkit will therefore will always be up to date with the latest files. And I wont have to go crazy hard coding all of this like I have been.

Ok.. Back to coding for me. Thank you all for your patience. The slight delays in this release will ultimately speed up all future updates forever. ^_^

{{ WugFresh }}