[KERNEL][3.0.40][08/14][OC/OV/UV/BFQ/SIO/smartassV2] zaventh R3

Search This thread

deeoh1084

Dec 21, 2009
No, just use the built in Windows format utility accessed via right click and selecting properties again.
Ensure FAT32 is selected.
Your sdcard may already be formatted with FAT32, check that first before wasting your time.
Of course, a format will erase EVERYTHING, so make sure to backup to PC anything you may want to keep.
I also strongly recommend using a sdcard adapter directly into PC or via a USB reader.
This will make everything faster for transfers.

Nice!! That does sound easy!!! I'll make sure to check first and see if it's fat32 if not backup everything and format the card again using an adapter or a USB reader thanks again!!!!!!
Sent from my SGH-T999

deeoh1084

Dec 21, 2009
Question... which governor would you recommend if I'm trying to have good battery life and performance? SmartassV2? Thanks in advanced

Sent from my SGH-T999

Last edited:

immunityx

Dec 24, 2008
You sure? I have done quadrant and antutu and Cpu1 never came online :confused:

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda premium

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
You sure? I have done quadrant and antutu and Cpu1 never came online :confused:

Probably not the best governor to use for benchmarks, though.

%255BUNSET%255D.png

Reactions: immunityx

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
Could we see Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color built into the next release?

Great work,

Could we see Voodoo Sound & Voodoo Color built into the next release?

b3ltazar

Jun 21, 2010
syracuse ny
45c idle

Probably not the best governor to use for benchmarks, though.

%255BUNSET%255D.png

i see system tuner is showing 45c mine gets as high as 52c idle but at the same time setcpu shows 32c i was worried my phone was overheating can anyone shed light on this. the phone does get pretty warm with only wifi on browsing the web..this kernel or any kernel no oc any governor any rom does the same thing.

pastert33

Oct 17, 2007
Zaventh, just looking over the comments and scores and seems like this is an awesome kernel. Is there any thoughts about a sprint version? I can test whatever you need plus I'm sure there would be others appreciative.

Thanks in advance

Sent from my GT-P3113 using xda app-developers app

G1_enthusiast

Oct 11, 2009
i see system tuner is showing 45c mine gets as high as 52c idle but at the same time setcpu shows 32c i was worried my phone was overheating can anyone shed light on this. the phone does get pretty warm with only wifi on browsing the web..this kernel or any kernel no oc any governor any rom does the same thing.

System tuner is wrong

Sent from my Nexus 7

elracing21

Apr 11, 2009
Bronx
This is looking good will keep my eyes on this thread for more goodies. Thanks ls Zaventh.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

serendipityguy

Oct 9, 2010
Sunny, CA
Would be nice to have Voodoo color and Voodoo sound built into the next version!

Great work zaventh,

Would be nice to have Voodoo color and Voodoo sound built into the next version!

Thanks

da-pharoah

Mar 24, 2009
Seacoast near Joppa
Great work zaventh,

Thanks

What rom are you on? I'm on freesg3 r5 and ive got beats audio rocking.. first ive been able to use it and not fc... have u tried beats versus voodoo?

Also OP kernel sounds cool.. I'ma download and give it a go.. currently rocking morfics kernal.. and its sweet.. but I wanna try this one too.. :)

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
Great work zaventh,

Thanks

Dude there is no voodoo sound or color. I know for sound we dont have the wolfson sound chip so we are beat. Next best thing is volume + its better then that beats hack.our phones suprisingly have a nice loud speaker tho. Anyways i dont think supercurio is going to be working on any voodoo hacks for us....maybe and i mean maybe if were lucky we will get some kind of hack for screen

EGBTMagus

Sep 21, 2010
OK I know we normally ignore quadrant but I scored less then half what a stock device gets with this kernel and oc. Should I reflash??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

overground

Retired Senior Moderator / Inactive Recognized Dev
OK I know we normally ignore quadrant but I scored less then half what a stock device gets with this kernel and oc. Should I reflash??

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

That's totally up to you.
I like this kernel for it's battery life and stability.
I could care less about benchmark scores.
My phone on this kernel does everything I want it to do when requested.
If you're interested in benchmarks, I'd recommend one of the others.

Reactions: bmann_420

zaventh

Jul 26, 2010
San Francisco
www.jeffmixon.com
If people are still interested in updates to this kernel, let me know. I've been running my own modified version of CM10/JB for a while, but I'm getting tired of the bugs so I will probably be back on modified stock soon. I'm not too interested in "competing" with the more popular kernel devs, but if this kernel still offers something those don't, then I suppose I'll release some more updates.

immunityx

Dec 24, 2008
If people are still interested in updates to this kernel, let me know. I've been running my own modified version of CM10/JB for a while, but I'm getting tired of the bugs so I will probably be back on modified stock soon. I'm not too interested in "competing" with the more popular kernel devs, but if this kernel still offers something those don't, then I suppose I'll release some more updates.

Please continue i like this kernel alot and i think many others will agree.

lokichim

Jul 16, 2012
MEMPHIS

well ive tried the rest of the POPular kernels and this one so far has exceeded battery and perfoirmance my battery doesnt suffer when i want performance out of my phone with this kernel.im intrested in updates

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hello. This is a kernel I've made for the T999 to learn more about kernels and also to enable some features that I wanted. I built it on top of Romanbb's Adama 003 kernel, so please go thank him there.

My philosophy is to build a stable kernel that is tuned for real-world performance and not benchmarks. I have been running this kernel for a while now with great success, but as usual I can't be responsible for anything that happens to your device.

Features

• Insecure
    • Patched adbd
    • init.d support
    • OC to 1.89Ghz
    • L2 Overclock
    • UV/OV
    • Add smartassv2, interactive, and conservative governors
    • BFQ,SIO schedulers
    • Patched up from 3.0.8 to 3.0.40
    • TCP proportional rate reduction
    • ARM topology support
    • Enable RCU_BOOST
    • IPv6 privacy support
    • NTFS/TUN module support
    • thermald tweaks

New in R3

• SIO scheduler
    • Patched from 3.0.36 to 3.0.40
    • Insecure adbd binary (adb remount command now works)
    • Default scripts now executed before init.d scripts

Notes
    • Samsung's proprietary exFAT modules will not work with this kernel. Make sure your SD card is FAT32 or EXT4.
    • Please don't flash this if you don't know exactly what you're doing as I'm too lazy to include n00b instructions.
    • You should already be rooted and have busybox installed into /system/xbin before flashing this kernel. As always, wipe all caches after flashing.
    • I recommend tuning cpufreq with init.d scripts instead of apps.

Credits
    Thanks to Romanbb for the initial kernel including OC/UV/OC hacks. Go thank the guy.

Screens
    8Px55.png
    sbeFB.png
    vIdEK.png

Source
    https://github.com/zaventh/kernel_sgh-t999

Blog post
    http://www.jeffmixon.com/custom-galaxy-s3-kernel-zaventh-r3-released/

Download
    *see below*
    kernel_3.0.40-rel3-zaventh-repack.zip
    SHA1: f2f4b2873d0a3842ea25471c4339c1de40b4bf0a

Cheers.
    Release R3 is up. Enjoy.
    finally decided to give this kernel a try because all i have been using is trinity kernel.. and with this kernel my phone starts heating up with just a couple of minutes of use, even if i am just typing a text. weird.

I just realized without any init.d scripts or using System Tuner, etc. app the fallback configuration is to run at 1.89ghz on performance governor... heh. Just fixed that in the next release. You can use System Tuner to set up the scaling to whatever you prefer and have it set on boot for now.
    What is "smartass"?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using xda app-developers app

Smartass is like the ondemand governor on crack. Lol. :D