[ROM] Amlogic Next8P12 (NXM805MC) Modified Recovery - Stock Rom - Root & Gapps

Search This thread

shaunmt

Jan 12, 2011
Amlogic Next8P12 (NXM805MC) Modified Recovery - Stock Rom - Root & Gapps

These files are for the Amlogic Nextbook Next8P12 (NXM805MC) also referred to as the "Black Friday @ Big Lots" model.

This is my first release. Here is what you get:

Modified Stock 3e Recovery:

This is the stock recovery, dumped from the device, unpacked, modified to use Google Test Keys instead of Private Nextbook Keys and then repackaged for your enjoyment.

Unzip and place the uImage_recovery file on your external SD Card. Reboot to recovery by holding Volume and Power. You won't notice any visual changes, but you can attempt to flash any .zip signed with Google Test Keys.

Your mileage may vary. If something won't flash there is a compatibility problem between the updater-binary or updater-script and our kernel/recovery.

Stock Rom:

This is a close as I could get to a flashable stock rom.

This contains a stock bootloader.img, boot.img, logo.img, and aml_logo.img dumped from the device. The system partition was also dumped from the device. I believe all of the Nextbook bloatware is here, with nothing added and NO ROOT. Everything has been packaged into an update.zip and signed with Google Test Keys.

Place the update.zip on external SD Card and flash using the modified recovery above.

Stock Internal SD Card:

This is just a .zip containing the stock files from the SD Card. It includes the .pdf manuals, intro video, free public domain e-books, demo photos, etc... If you deleted this stuff and wanted it back, just unzip and copy the desired files to your internal SD Card.

Root Package:

This is a flashable .zip that installs the su binary and has been signed with Google Test Keys.

Put it on your external SD Card and flash it using the modified recovery above. Then install your preference of Superuser.apk or SuperSu.apk from the Google Play store or elsewhere.

Gapps Package:

This is a flashable Gapps package from Goo.im, with a modified updater-script and resigned with the Google Test Keys.

Put this on your external SD Card and flash with the modified recovery above.

Downloads:

See original thread at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6581-Amlogic-Next8P12-%28NXM805MC%29-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-Root-amp-Gapps

Currently in Development for Next8P12 (NXM805MC):
CWM/TWRP and custom ROM(s)

Other Devices Currently in Development:
Next8HD8G (NX008HD8G) "$99 @ Walmart"
Next7P-G "$69 @ Walmart"

Enjoy!

ShaunMT

P.S. > A big thank you to Finless Bob for everything he has done for the Android community, for the legwork he did on the Amlogic Nextbooks that inspired me and lead me this far, and for hosting the above files on Freaktab.com!

Thanks also to all the other Freaktab members who helped find the various root methods for the Amlogic Nextbook devices which made it possible to dump the files needed for this project. Everyone's contributions, whether large or small, helped make this possible.

my first Rom: MagicRom

MagicRom ver. 1.1
ONLY Tablet: Mediacom 815i e Next8P12 (CHIP AMLOGIC 8726-M3)

change on 1.1: FIX ROOT - Remove img file for nextbook - Change bootanimation

Feature:
- Similary stock
- build.prop optimized
- Cpu Mode Setting
- HDMI SWITCH add 1080p
- Rooted
- Delete some app
- Deodexed
- Add old version of root explorer

Istruction:
1. - Download Recovery: Link unpack and copy on SD

2. - Download MagicRom: Link copy directly on SD

3. - Download GAPPS: Link copy directly on SD

- restart in recovery (power and vol+)
- Data factory and Wipe media partition,
- Install MagicRom
- Install gapps
- Restar Normally

NB: AIf has proble with Google Play then download and install Google Play 4.3.11 da qui: Link

NB2: For mediacom user "image of boot and image of loading changing with Next8P12"

Regards to me for ROOT, view post su androidiani.com , user of http://www.freaktab.com/ (ShaunMT) for stock Rom of Next8p12
Link XDA: http://xdaforums.com
Link freak: http://www.freaktab.com/

Last edited:

mps5566

Sep 23, 2011

These files are for the Amlogic Nextbook Next8P12 (NXM805MC) also referred to as the "Black Friday @ Big Lots" model.

This is the stock recovery, dumped from the device, unpacked, modified to use Google Test Keys instead of Private Nextbook Keys and then repackaged for your enjoyment.

Unzip and place the uImage_recovery file on your external SD Card. Reboot to recovery by holding Volume and Power. You won't notice any visual changes, but you can attempt to flash any .zip signed with Google Test Keys.

Your mileage may vary. If something won't flash there is a compatibility problem between the updater-binary or updater-script and our kernel/recovery.

Stock Rom:

This contains a stock bootloader.img, boot.img, logo.img, and aml_logo.img dumped from the device. The system partition was also dumped from the device. I believe all of the Nextbook bloatware is here, with nothing added and NO ROOT. Everything has been packaged into an update.zip and signed with Google Test Keys.

Place the update.zip on external SD Card and flash using the modified recovery above.

Stock Internal SD Card:

This is just a .zip containing the stock files from the SD Card. It includes the .pdf manuals, intro video, free public domain e-books, demo photos, etc... If you deleted this stuff and wanted it back, just unzip and copy the desired files to your internal SD Card.

Root Package:

This is a flashable .zip that installs the su binary and has been signed with Google Test Keys.

Put it on your external SD Card and flash it using the modified recovery above. Then install your preference of Superuser.apk or SuperSu.apk from the Google Play store or elsewhere.

Gapps Package:

This is a flashable Gapps package from Goo.im, with a modified updater-script and resigned with the Google Test Keys.

Downloads:

See original thread at http://www.freaktab.com/showthread.php?6581-Amlogic-Next8P12-%28NXM805MC%29-Modified-Recovery-Stock-Rom-Root-amp-Gapps

Next7P-G "$69 @ Walmart"

Enjoy!

ShaunMT

P.S. > A big thank you to Finless Bob for everything he has done for the Android community, for the legwork he did on the Amlogic Nextbooks that inspired me and lead me this far, and for hosting the above files on Freaktab.com!

Thanks also to all the other Freaktab members who helped find the various root methods for the Amlogic Nextbook devices which made it possible to dump the files needed for this project. Everyone's contributions, whether large or small, helped make this possible.

Hi you mantion this
nzip and place the uImage_recovery file on your external SD Card. Reboot to recovery by holding Volume and Power.
what u mean by volume key and power key u mean by volume down key or volume up key?
when i press volume down key it just show android guy when i press volume up key it just turns on?

shaunmt

Jan 12, 2011
Hi you mantion this
nzip and place the uImage_recovery file on your external SD Card. Reboot to recovery by holding Volume and Power.
what u mean by volume key and power key u mean by volume down key or volume up key?
when i press volume down key it just show android guy when i press volume up key it just turns on?

Volume down would be the correct key. You should the android guy and a menu that you navigate with the volume keys and select options with the power key. Please note, that this modified recovery look EXACTLY like the stock recovery. The only difference is that it checks for google signatures instead of nextbook signatures, which allows us to create our own updates for this tablet.

ShaunMT

Reactions: mixednuts

GreatSudoku

Apr 15, 2012
Pittsburgh
My girlfriend has the Next8P12 tablet and I'd like to root it for her. I see this cancan only be done from an external SD card. My question is: does the NextP12 have a slot in/on it for an SD to be inserted? Or do I need to get some kind ofUSB dongle that houses an SD card?

born_high

Dec 15, 2013
PRoblem with nextbook 7p12 !!!!

I have got a NEXTBOOK 7p12.

After 3 days of endless reading and messing around with the tab finally rooted it with Impector. Checked it with root checker from google play.

OBJECTIVE : 1. Install CWM recovery.
2. Flash CM 10.1

But here's the catch, even after rooting i am unable to install CWM. tried nearly everything from here and xda.Nothing seems to work.There is no official version of CWM for my tab.

Specs: nextbook 7p12
s/n: YF 0513...
PHM727MC (i dunno what that means )

Also tried update.zip by BOB. Some .img file too.When in stock recovery it keep showing segnature verification thingy.

Can anyone please tell me what to do next as i am hell bent on either flashing it to CM10.1 or BRICK IT !!!

shaunmt

Jan 12, 2011
I have got a NEXTBOOK 7p12.

After 3 days of endless reading and messing around with the tab finally rooted it with Impector. Checked it with root checker from google play.

OBJECTIVE : 1. Install CWM recovery.
2. Flash CM 10.1

But here's the catch, even after rooting i am unable to install CWM. tried nearly everything from here and xda.Nothing seems to work.There is no official version of CWM for my tab.

Specs: nextbook 7p12
s/n: YF 0513...
PHM727MC (i dunno what that means )

Also tried update.zip by BOB. Some .img file too.When in stock recovery it keep showing segnature verification thingy.

Can anyone please tell me what to do next as i am hell bent on either flashing it to CM10.1 or BRICK IT !!!

Look for my response to your post over at Freaktab.

ShaunMT

Reactions: born_high

niroel

Dec 24, 2013
Hi, I'm super new in all this about rooting. I have a Next8P12 that my wife got last year, we have not been using it because it doesn't come with the Google store app. Could you give help me out in how to do this, step by step?

I downloaded all the files and put them into a SD card. I can boot the tablet into recovery and all that. Now, which files should I use first? in the SD I have Modified Stock 3e Recovery, Stock Rom, Stock Internal SD Card, Root Package and Gapps Package. I have no idea about what to do next. I will so grateful if you could help me out with some more directions.

Thanks!!

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
Hi, I'm super new in all this about rooting. I have a Next8P12 that my wife got last year, we have not been using it because it doesn't come with the Google store app. Could you give help me out in how to do this, step by step?

I downloaded all the files and put them into a SD card. I can boot the tablet into recovery and all that. Now, which files should I use first? in the SD I have Modified Stock 3e Recovery, Stock Rom, Stock Internal SD Card, Root Package and Gapps Package. I have no idea about what to do next. I will so grateful if you could help me out with some more directions.

Pull the file out of the recovery zip file and have it sit on the root of your SD card. Boot into recovery.

You can probably just flash the root package, then the gapps, then reboot. You can then add a Google account, if you haven't already done so, in order for the Play Store to work. First app to install might be a superuser app (SuperUser, SuperSU, etc...).

Sent from my A500 using Tapatalk

Reactions: shaunmt and niroel

niroel

Dec 24, 2013
Great work!

Pull the file out of the recovery zip file and have it sit on the root of your SD card. Boot into recovery.

You can probably just flash the root package, then the gapps, then reboot. You can then add a Google account, if you haven't already done so, in order for the Play Store to work. First app to install might be a superuser app (SuperUser, SuperSU, etc...).

I can't thank you enough for the help! It works perfectly now with the play store and superuser app. Thank you again. I really want to keep learning more about but there is soo much information online that I have no idea where to start. Do you have any suggestions? I will appreciate the help.

Thanks again!

shaunmt

Jan 12, 2011

Thanks!!

Unzip the modified stock 3e recovery and place the uImage_recovery on your external SD card.

DO NOT UNZIP the other files. Just place the other zip files on your external SD card.

Reboot to recovery. The tablet will automatically detect and load the modified uImage_recovery file from the SD card instead of the stock internal recovery.

OPTIONAL: For Root... flash the root package .zip file.

OPTIONAL: For Gapps... flash the Gapps .zip file.

OPTIONAL: To return to Stock... flash the ROM .zip file. (There's no need to do this unless your tablet won't boot or you've messed something up after rooting.

ShaunMT

Reactions: niroel

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
I really want to keep learning more about but there is soo much information online that I have no idea where to start. Do you have any suggestions? I will appreciate the help.

Well, the China tabs like the NextBook is probably not the best device to first start mucking with Android... manufacturers such as these fail to release source code making it difficult for aspiring developers, such as shaunmt, to tinker and guide users with hacking and flashing custom ROMs etc.

I happen to learn a bit by owning devices that had a solid community base on a forum such as XDA, and then took the risk with messing around on those devices.

Reactions: shaunmt and niroel

shaunmt

Jan 12, 2011
Well, the China tabs like the NextBook is probably not the best device to first start mucking with Android... manufacturers such as these fail to release source code making it difficult for aspiring developers, such as shaunmt, to tinker and guide users with hacking and flashing custom ROMs etc.

I happen to learn a bit by owning devices that had a solid community base on a forum such as XDA, and then took the risk with messing around on those devices.

Agreed. It's been a long slow process of research and experimentation with these tablets. A Nexus device would probably be the best supported device to really learn from.

ShaunMT

Reactions: niroel

helichuck

Jan 2, 2014
More help

When I try the update I get the following errors
E: failed to verify whole-file signature
E: signature verification failed

Any ideas?
Thanks,
Chuck

MagicRom ver. 1.1

Feature:
- Similary stock
- build.prop optimized
- Cpu Mode Setting
- HDMI SWITCH add 1080p
- Rooted
- Delete some app
- Deodexed

Istruction:

- Install MagicRom
- Install gapps
- Restar Normally

NB: AIf has proble with Google Play then download and install Google Play 4.3.11 da qui: Link

NB2: For mediacom user "image of boot and image of loading changing with Next8P12"

Regards to me for ROOT, view post su androidiani.com , user of http://www.freaktab.com/ (ShaunMT) for stock Rom of Next8p12

shaunmt

Jan 12, 2011
Thanks and Official Support

Thanks to those who are answering questions in this thread.

I'm supporting this device and other Nextbook devices over at Freaktab.com.

People may want to check there for updates and solutions.

ShaunMT

P.S. CWM v6 Recovery for this and other Nextbook models is currently in private beta testing and I expect to post a public release soon.

Reactions: mixednuts

helichuck

Jan 2, 2014

I just put everything on the SD card, I formatted it first. I don't think it has a root directory, or maybe it does and I don't know it.
Can you explain the steps to me please so I can have a better chance to get it right?
Thanks,
Chuck

Did you unpack the recovery zip onto the root of the SD card.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

mixednuts

Sep 30, 2007
I just put everything on the SD card, I formatted it first. I don't think it has a root directory, or maybe it does and I don't know it.

By root I meant on the SD without being in any folders.

The contents of the recovery zip needs to be unpacked onto the SD, only then can you start flashing.

Sent from my LG-P970 using Tapatalk

Reactions: helichuck

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

MagicRom ver. 1.1

Feature:
    - Similary stock
    - build.prop optimized
    - Cpu Mode Setting
    - HDMI SWITCH add 1080p
    - Rooted
    - Delete some app
    - Deodexed

Istruction:

- Install MagicRom
    - Install gapps
    - Restar Normally

Stock Rom:

Stock Internal SD Card:

Root Package:

Gapps Package:

Downloads:

Next7P-G "$69 @ Walmart"

Enjoy!

ShaunMT

I really want to keep learning more about but there is soo much information online that I have no idea where to start. Do you have any suggestions? I will appreciate the help.

Hi you mantion this

Volume down would be the correct key. You should the android guy and a menu that you navigate with the volume keys and select options with the power key. Please note, that this modified recovery look EXACTLY like the stock recovery. The only difference is that it checks for google signatures instead of nextbook signatures, which allows us to create our own updates for this tablet.

ShaunMT