The best Micro SD Card for the Galaxy S5

Search This thread

AzumaKazuma

Apr 14, 2014
www(dot)newegg(dot)com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820220814

I just bought that online and hopefully it will work for the S5!

bullet2300

Oct 31, 2008
I will be buying these from Samsung when they release on april 30.

Samsung PRO 64GB

• Read: 90MB/s
  • Write: 80MB/s

Woo nice speeds for sure. A little more than I'd like to spend, but I will have to keep an eye on this. Gave my older SanDisk to my mom for her tablet she got at Christmas not thinking I'd be back to Samsung so soon from my LG G2 (pending Tmobile doesn't suck more than Sprint in my area).

Brzina

Oct 4, 2013

bullet2300

Oct 31, 2008
You know that our phones do not support UHS ?? You can use the card in a phone, but this speed 90/50 will be possible only with card reader. Our phones will get maaaaybe 20MB/s write speed ;) You can test the read/write speed with some aps ;)

I didn't know that, good to know! I was going to wait for the higher speed cards to drop in price, but I think I will just buy a class 10 32gb one now then. Thanks for the heads up :)

wawiv22

Jun 4, 2011
Annandale
Ordered Samsung SDXC 64GB PRO

I just ordered this card even though on Amazon it says the item will be available on April 30th! Thanks so much for the info guys! The Samsung site did say that the item will ship out in 3-5 business days but hopefully it will be worth the wait! I will let you know how the transfer speeds are once I get it!

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras-accessories/MB-SG64D/AM

Reactions: Active_Matrix

bullet2300

Oct 31, 2008
I just ordered this card even though on Amazon it says the item will be available on April 30th! Thanks so much for the info guys! The Samsung site did say that the item will ship out in 3-5 business days but hopefully it will be worth the wait! I will let you know how the transfer speeds are once I get it!

http://www.samsung.com/us/photography/digital-cameras-accessories/MB-SG64D/AM

That's the SD Card version and not Micro SD card version - make sure you order the Micro version :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got my card today. Samsung micro SDXC UHS-I Pro Class 10 64GB. Read up to 70MB/s Write up to 20 MB/s.

The S5 is compatible with 128GB cards, but way expensive.
    I've used a SanDisk 64GB card for over a year with no issues. Before that a 32GB, which was the same. SanDisk have the largest market share in the UK by some margin (which aggrieves Samsung). I never did see intrinsically higher return rates on SanDisk cards or Samsung cards. Both brands are good, both make there own flash memory (Samsung would tell you they make ALOT of flash memory).
    You however get lots of fake SanDisk cards (better brand equity), I've even seen reputable retailers get duped, which tends to happen less with Samsung.
    Buy from a reputable retailer and which ever brand you choose you will be fine. I personally prefer SanDisk but I don't have a rational reason for it. 128GB will drop in price over the next 6 months (obvious really). So I'd save your money. Faster cards are better and for the small difference in cost it's worth it. Although be aware that you are not paying for better quality "memory" as per se but a faster controller.
    I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!
    I was wondering if what BRAND, TYPE, AND CLASS will be useful for the Galaxy S5? I heard that the 64GB Sandisk Ultra microSDXC UHS-1 chip is good but doesnt have the full 70mbps reading speed and 20mbps writing speed support on a galaxy s4. It would really help me decide if you suggest what kind of sd card will be fit for the GS5. Thanks!

I have a samsung 64GB. As for the class, it's always class 10, any lower and your giving away performance. As for the type, not sure what that is, for me the type is MicroSD, and all class 10 64gb microsds are UHS-1. I have never had any performance issues with my card but i know sandisk released a gold edition version of their 64gb card that gives an extra 10mb boost, but not sure if its worth it for double the price of any other 64gb, if not, 70mb/s is more than enough