What's the status on a working WM 6.1 rom?

Search This thread

takeastand

Oct 31, 2007
I know you guys get this question daily, but I'm waiting on 6.1 to get ported to the S630 before I upgrade from my S620. Any promising progress or ETA?

Thanks!

alawishas

May 26, 2008
status updates

i think a lot of people would like to know the latest status of the cavalier WM 6.1. It might be a good idea also if some of the developers working on the project coordinated together.

Who is working on Cavalier WM 6.1 and what their status?

scott4

Jan 7, 2006
Hong Kong
i think a lot of people would like to know the latest status of the cavalier WM 6.1. It might be a good idea also if some of the developers working on the project coordinated together.

Who is working on Cavalier WM 6.1 and what their status?

I want to cook WM6.1 rom for Cavalier. Anyone can give me help? Thanks

May 6, 2008
WM 6.1

Hey, what is the hitch in trying to develop WM 6.1 for the Cavalier? Is anyone working on this? Does anyone need help? I might have some resources to help. I have an unlocked X02ht coming in the mail for me to replace my dying Dash... I just realized I gotta jump back from 6.1 on my Dash to 6.0 on the X02ht. Seems sad. Please let me help, whoever is heading this project.

baralong

Jul 15, 2006
Perth
This seems to have stagnated. I've never cooked a ROM but I do have a technical side.

Where do we start?

Do we just approach someone who's done a 6.1 ROM for a different device?

Most of the ROM cooking guides seem to assume a ROM of the right version to start with...

Anyone point me in the right direction?

ibeqa

Mar 17, 2005
Prishtina
This seems to have stagnated. I've never cooked a ROM but I do have a technical side.

Where do we start?

Do we just approach someone who's done a 6.1 ROM for a different device?

Most of the ROM cooking guides seem to assume a ROM of the right version to start with...

Anyone point me in the right direction?

As there's no official WM6.1 Rom for the moment for Cavalier it is hard to create a cooked WM6.1 ROM as you need to port a working 6.1 ROM from another smartphone (my best guess is Excalibur as it has the same form - more or less) and porting is very hard thing to do.

Cheers

guyvago

Jun 26, 2008
Modiin
www.vago.co.il
Now there seems to be 6.1 to s620 Excalibur

Seen elsewhere...

Maybe it will help

hey guys this is a link to the new windows mobile 6.1 for the T-Mobile Dash (HTC Excalibur or S620)

file was 44.6 mb so was too big to upload on here but here is the torrent file and it should be pretty quick to download and just follow the on screen instructions..

please follow the onscreen instructions and BACKUP ur data!!

Attachments

• Windows_Mobile_6.1_(Dash__Excalibur__HTC_S620).4080014.TPB.zip
    28.4 KB · Views: 80

iujacobs

Jul 11, 2008
Will the Dash ROM work with the Cavalier?

Will the 6.1 ROM that is posted on this thread work with the Cavalier?

mrglofish

Oct 15, 2007
I heard somewhere- here probably- that we're waiting for a CID unlock before work can begin on a wm6.1 rom for the cavalier. Not being a developer, I haven't a clue what that means but I hope we get one quick, because I want that threaded sms! Anyone here know what a CID unlock is and how the developers can get one?

ibeqa

Mar 17, 2005
Prishtina
I heard somewhere- here probably- that we're waiting for a CID unlock before work can begin on a wm6.1 rom for the cavalier. Not being a developer, I haven't a clue what that means but I hope we get one quick, because I want that threaded sms! Anyone here know what a CID unlock is and how the developers can get one?

With HardSpl already active you don't need CID unlock anymore.
HardSPL make the device think that is CID unlocked but in reality it's not so you can flash any ROM you want.

Cheers

P.S. Keep in mind that this does not apply to SIM unlock.