[Q] Where does the last_ksmg live?

Search This thread

22sl22

May 21, 2012
London
Thanks for the reply.
However, I cannot use that app, because it requires root.
I don't want to risk voiding my warranty because I strongly suspect I have defective device.

I don't think you can. Without root you can't read/right the system part of the device

If you have a detective device you're better off just claiming the warranty

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

manhattan212

Aug 19, 2011
If you have a detective device you're better off just claiming the warranty
That's what I'm inclined to do but... I have been dreading this for three reasons.

Reason (1) Going to the Samsung affiliate that corresponds to the locale where I purchased my tablet requires a complex and lengthy commute that essentially means this will be an all day affair.

Reason (2) Supposing Samsung does take my device for inspection, the most likely outcome is that they will retain my tablet for some undetermined period of time (one month minimum, is my guess), and then give it back to me -unchanged.

Reason (3) Is a combination of 1 & 2; and that's the crash/reboot happens at random intervals with no apparent consistent trigger. I fear that I'll go there and the blasted device will behave as it should and I'll have just wasted my time. And a great deal of time it would be too, both idling time, waiting for the diagnosis and eventual return of the device; but more cumbersome is the travel to deliver and the subsequent retrieval. (Any one of these trips on their own is a pain; having to do two of them is just infuriating).
I don't think you can. Without root you can't read/right the system part of the device
I was kind of hoping that adb didn't need root to extract a log of last_kmsg; logcat seems to do it fine, without root.

Top Liked Posts