System status suddenly showing custom

Search This thread

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
I have rooted my phone using towel root when it came out and the system status was still official, nothing has change on my phone since then not even a firmware update and just today I noticed that my system status is already custom, I saw this a few days back and it was still official. Is there anyway to revert this back to official aside from a wipe and a stock reflash ? Would greenifying some system apps cause this because that was the change I made yesterday..

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
I have rooted my phone using towel root when it came out and the system status was still official, nothing has change on my phone since then not even a firmware update and just today I noticed that my system status is already custom, I saw this a few days back and it was still official. Is there anyway to revert this back to official aside from a wipe and a stock reflash ? Would greenifying some system apps cause this because that was the change I made yesterday..

Read about stuff like Wanam xposed.

nicholaschum

Substratum Development Leader / Inactive RT
Feb 3, 2011
University of Toronto
plus.google.com
That doesnt seem to fix the one displayed in download mode.
Im more interested on what triggered it and how to fix it with out a wipe.

Why does a custom binary tick you off so much you would want a wipe? Who would go into Download mode and take a look at your custom binary and say "OooOoOOOooOoOooooo this guy has Custom in System Status!!!!!!!!!!!11111oneone"

KNOX is what should tick you off, I could care less whether my System Status shows Official or Custom, because it's not permanent, just flash back to stock if any and it will return back to Official.

xclub_101

Oct 15, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
@EarlZ system status is always custom when your rooted, isnt it? Correct me if iam wrong.
I used cf auto root

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

I can guarantee that with 4.3 rooted with URDLV and Wanam xposed I have knox 0 and (fake) status official in download mode. I do not know first-hand with knox 0x1 (as after cf auto root) or 4.4.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

That doesnt seem to fix the one displayed in download mode.
Im more interested on what triggered it and how to fix it with out a wipe.

See above.

EarlZ

Jun 21, 2010
@EarlZ system status is always custom when your rooted, isnt it? Correct me if iam wrong.
I used cf auto root

Sent from Galaxy Note 3 SM-N9005

I can guarantee that with 4.3 rooted with URDLV and Wanam xposed I have knox 0 and (fake) status official in download mode. I do not know first-hand with knox 0x1 (as after cf auto root) or 4.4.

---------- Post added at 07:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

See above.

Like what I posted, I used towel root and both Knox and System status was untouched. A few days ago I checked up on both and it was still official and 0x0, but yesterday it changed to custom. I understand that I can fix this by reflashing to all stock but what I am trying to also understand is what suddenly triggered it and if possible how to revert it with out wipe.

zelenko

Jun 4, 2010
Skopje
Like what I posted, I used towel root and both Knox and System status was untouched. A few days ago I checked up on both and it was still official and 0x0, but yesterday it changed to custom. I understand that I can fix this by reflashing to all stock but what I am trying to also understand is what suddenly triggered it and if possible how to revert it with out wipe.
I have same situation like you. Use wanam and you will be official in a download meny

Spere

Aug 7, 2013
Okay, you're not the only ones who got this situation.
For me, custom is better than official, since there is no possibility to accidentally update OTA, if I'm right.

But if you want your status back to official, try wiping cache from recovery. If that does not help, uninstall Wanam Xposed and then wipe again

If you use SEARCH you might found that You are NOT the only one with the problem you have, and the answer most likely is out there, just search, search and then search again

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2783954&page=14