[ROOT] Galaxy Mega 6.3 - GT-I9205 and GT-I9200

Search This thread

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho
hi, do we need to flash vcoreroot this file?? Please correct me if step below is wrong:

1. flash vcoreroot via odin
2. flash stock kernel via odin
3. flash CWM recovery via odin
4. flash the laster SuperSU via CWM recovery

No, You must not flash the vcoreroot. If you have a original stock kernel, flash only 3 and 4 (SuperSU 1.51 from two posts before).

I flashed Rom's XXUAMG3 and XXUAMG4 and both rooted this way and works nice. No issues.

Last edited:

amenlo9

Jun 10, 2009
Redmi Note 10
No, You must not flash the vcoreroot. If you have a original stock kernel, flash only 3 and 4 (SuperSU 1.51 from two posts before).

I flashed Rom's XXUAMG3 and XXUAMG4 and both rooted this way and works nice. No issues.

thanks. my phone just out of box and updated to latest firmware via OTA. so i assume i am still with original kernel and need not to flash stock kernel.

so i will do following:
1. flash boot.img.tar via odin (this file is stock kernel or rooted kernel?)
2. restart
3. flash I9200-CWM-RECOVERY.TAR via odin
4. restart
5. flash SuperSU v1.51 via CWM recovery and set as system app
6. if found 2 red line in recovery mode, flash stock kernel to get rid of it

hope all above step are correct.

Last edited:

joosuck

Sep 26, 2007
thanks. my phone just out of box and updated to latest firmware via OTA. so i assume i am still with original kernel and need not to flash stock kernel.

so i will do following:
2. restart
4. restart
5. flash SuperSU v1.51 via CWM recovery and set as system app

This is exactly what you need to do :)

ValenteL

Aug 25, 2011
Espinho

so i will do following:
2. restart
4. restart
5. flash SuperSU v1.51 via CWM recovery (and set as system app ????)

Not good. Make only 3 to 5.
If You have Your phone just out of box You have already a Stock Kernel or Original Kernel like I said Post #41, is the same.

What kernel have You on Settings -> More -> About Phone ----> kernel version ?

Last edited:
Reactions: amenlo9

amenlo9

Jun 10, 2009
Redmi Note 10
Not good. Make only 3 to 5.
If You have Your phone just out of box You have already a Stock Kernel or Original Kernel like I said Post #41, is the same.

What kernel have You on Settings -> More -> About Phone ----> kernel version ?
ok. i will not flash the boot.img.tar in this case.

my kernel version is 3.4.0-651212;se.infra@SEP-118#1;Fri Jul19

hope i can root my phone without any issue with step 3-5

i mentioned step 1-5 is because alda.v mentioned like that. please refer attached.

Last edited:

binarydrummer

Apr 17, 2011
Is this safe to do in terms of using the device for Development? I am really afraid of the Odin method, as I don't understand what it does to the kernel. Will the Kernel be replaced? I am also wondering if you can install any official ROM updates using CWM.

ShunShun78

Jul 17, 2008
Hong Kong
Hi,
Thx for the great job first!

I have just bought my i9205 today and have follow the steps to root my machine i9205ZHUAMED
I noticed that there is two red lines at starting page after it reboots.
I have two questions:
1. Is it ok to do nothing with the two red lines?
2. If I want to update the stock rom, wil I need to reflash with stock rom?

Thx a lot:)

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Hi,
Thx for the great job first!

I have just bought my i9205 today and have follow the steps to root my machine i9205ZHUAMED
I noticed that there is two red lines at starting page after it reboots.
I have two questions:
1. Is it ok to do nothing with the two red lines?
2. If I want to update the stock rom, wil I need to reflash with stock rom?

Thx a lot:)

To get rid of the 2 red lines at boot time you have to flask a stock kernel (you will keep the root) and they will disappear..
If you flash another stock ROM you will have to repeat the root operation.
But there are few custom ROM's coming out , have a look there.

Reactions: amenlo9

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
I'm having an absurd issue with my phone and really would like some expert advice.

I just bought my phone (GT-I9205). Is still all stock. I am trying to install CWM Recovery with ODIN but seems nothing gets flashed into the phone except that I am stuck with the stock Recovery.

USB Drivers correctly installed on my laptop and the flash process seems successful under ODIN (..tar file upload to phone goes smooth and and then phone successfully resets). But when I go back to Recovery mode, actually, nothing was flashed. Same old stock recovery screen. What the hell? Am I doing something wrong in ODIN settings (CWM tar file flashed as PDA and everything else as default), or is my phone crazy?.. I really have no idea whats going on. In fact Ive tried flashing other versions of CWM and same thing happens.

And my stock recovery screen itself has issues problems.. when entering the recovery mode it briefly displays the word ERROR and I get a sad Android guy with a RED explanation mark with the wording NO COMMAND. Totally stuck. I have positively no idea whats going on. Years flashing phones and doing all sorts of things, nothing like this before..

My phone was an open box.. maybe someone did something to it and totally messed it up.. no clue..

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
I'm having an absurd issue with my phone and really would like some expert advice.

I just bought my phone (GT-I9205). Is still all stock. I am trying to install CWM Recovery with ODIN but seems nothing gets flashed into the phone except that I am stuck with the stock Recovery.

USB Drivers correctly installed on my laptop and the flash process seems successful under ODIN (..tar file upload to phone goes smooth and and then phone successfully resets). But when I go back to Recovery mode, actually, nothing was flashed. Same old stock recovery screen. What the hell? Am I doing something wrong in ODIN settings (CWM tar file flashed as PDA and everything else as default), or is my phone crazy?.. I really have no idea whats going on. In fact Ive tried flashing other versions of CWM and same thing happens.

And my stock recovery screen itself has issues problems.. when entering the recovery mode it briefly displays the word ERROR and I get a sad Android guy with a RED explanation mark with the wording NO COMMAND. Totally stuck. I have positively no idea whats going on. Years flashing phones and doing all sorts of things, nothing like this before..

My phone was an open box.. maybe someone did something to it and totally messed it up.. no clue..

Well I am far for being an expert but may be you could try to flash a stock ROM with ODIN and see if everything goes back to normal
and if yes you could retry the operation.
You will find the stock ROM's HERE

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Well I am far for being an expert but may be you could try to flash a stock ROM with ODIN and see if everything goes back to normal
and if yes you could retry the operation.
You will find the stock ROM's HERE

Thanks Tilagoon, I actually think that is a really good suggestion and I had thought about that as a last resort too. I am gonna give it a shot.. and thanks for link. For sure something is messed up out of the usual with my machine.. that might be a way out..

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

UPDATE: All solved after flashing back stock ROM with ODIN. Recovery Installed and rooted. Clearly something was messed-up with the ROM/ Kernel. My only worry is I have the two RED lines on the Boot Splash screen of course and want get rid of them. I found the right stock Kernel for my phone to re-flash it.. just worry I mess things again or loose root now that finally all works well.. not sure if i should do it or just leave it alone:p..

Last edited:

Tilagoon

Jan 20, 2012
Montpellier
Thanks Tilagoon, I actually think that is a really good suggestion and I had thought about that as a last resort too. I am gonna give it a shot.. and thanks for link. For sure something is messed up out of the usual with my machine.. that might be a way out..

---------- Post added at 01:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:21 AM ----------

UPDATE: All solved after flashing back stock ROM with ODIN. Recovery Installed and rooted. Clearly something was messed-up with the ROM/ Kernel. My only worry is I have the two RED lines on the Boot Splash screen of course and want get rid of them. I found the right stock Kernel for my phone to re-flash it.. just worry I mess things again or loose root now that finally all works well.. not sure if i should do it or just leave it alone:p..

Good news :good:
Since you are back with a stock kernel and have CWM working you could try to flash SuperSU-jb-busybox-v1.51-Mega.zip in CWM and your phone will be rooted.

VeEuzUKY

Oct 10, 2008
Good news :good:
Since you are back with a stock kernel and have CWM working you could try to flash SuperSU-jb-busybox-v1.51-Mega.zip in CWM and your phone will be rooted.

Yeah, did that already. Rooted like a charm!:good: Thanks a lot for your help and suggestions on all this, very much appreciated!!! The only issue left (that is not an issue) is the two RED lines. I can try fix it updating the stock Kernel again or just leave it alone.. just dont want mess up anything and the lines really are a no issue at all anyway:cowboy:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is the second version of the Galaxy Mega 6.3 root solution.
    It replaces the original rootable kernel.
    This version comes with SuperSU 1.41 preinstalled and the su and busybox pathes have been changed to achieve better compatibility with some root applications.

The vcoreroot-v2.tar file can be flashed with Odin as PDA.
    Keep Auto Reboot and F.Reset Time selected.

Use at your own risk, I'm not responsible for bricking your device.

Download: vcoreroot-v2.tar

Please click Thanks if you found this helpful.
    100% working CWM-based Recovery v6.0.3.2 (20130621)

Tested on my Galaxy i9205 Mega XUAMED_ITV http://goo.gl/sTbDl

==============

SUCCESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS.......

I flashed the CWM-based Recovery v6.0.3.2 (20130621) successfully...
    http://goo.gl/sTbDl
    by Alda.V
    and I got the CWM working now. Thank you so much Alda.V for this....( I got the same 2 red lines after flashing
    this, I tried to flash the stock kernel for this but it did not work. But that is fine, We have a working CWM
    now..Thanks to Alda.V for this..)

Here is my story of research..

I then did a backup of the Factory installed ROM using this CWM. It backed up fine.
    Then did a reset/factory restore and deleted Dalvik-Cache fine. It worked fine.
    My mistake I also formatted the \System, \Data, \Cache along with reset/factory restore and rebooted the phone.
    To my bad luck the phone stayed at the boot logo ( Samsung GT-I9200 )
    Then I realised I should not have formatted the \System...... :(
    Tried again only to reset/factory restore and deleted Dalvik-Cache and checked it.
    Nothing worked.. :(
    I tried to restore the backup of the Factory installed ROM but it will not find the files. But I backed up the
    Factory installed ROM fine. I did not know what to do now. My thought was only to take the phone to Service
    Center again.

Then I got an idea about the Stock Pre-rooted Firmware by Alexyuh. I downloaded the Stock Pre-rooted Firmware
    for my Phone Galaxy Mega I9200 Mega 6.3 India-INU.
    by Alexyuh ( Thanks much for this firmware)

https://hotfile.com/dl/234619968/2528e86/ROS_I9200XXUAMEA_I9200SERAME4_I9200XXUAMEA_SER.zip.html

Flashed this using Odin and that worked. After rebooting I got the Russian language but I changed it to English
    (United States) and checked it. All went fine and all working good now.
    Also checked with backup of this Stock Pre-rooted Firmware and successfully restored it. Not sure why I could
    not restore the Factory installed ROM. I now know what to with this Phone..From backing up to restoring it)

Thanks to everyone for this..I attached images of this..Please check them... :)
    Whit new Custom Recovery 6.0.3.2 we can make this to have root:

- Flash the Stock kernel (if is not already).
    - Flash CWM-Recovery-6.0.3.2
    - On recovery flash the .zip attached.
    ----> We have all root issues solved.

Tried this .zip on i9205, new Rom MG3. Worked nice.
    You can flash the vcoreroot-v2.tar boot image with Odin v3.07.
    It is confirmed to work on GT-I9205 and GT-I9200 devices and includes the LTE driver.
    LTE will of course be ignored on the GT-I9200.
    Will this improve the root of devices rooted using the previous method? Or will this do the same thing? Can we redo the process?
    It basically does the same thing. It's just more compatible with some apps like the Multi Window Manager and SuperSU is preinstalled.