[App] Smart Taskbar V1.0 - Access any app in one click

Search This thread

Indigon

Sep 6, 2010
> I also very much dislike the little graphic on my screen - very distracting. I
> could have sworn I saw an option to remove the graphic & just aim for the
> sweet spot - but darned if I can find it anymore (or it's just gone).

Just wanted to thank you for a very nice program.
Very Stable on Stock Droid 1 Froyo 22D.

Sometimes after reboot some icons washed out, I have to refresh.
Phone icon not showing properly (blank android icon).

--

Would like to see Phone and Browser Icon in topbar.

Blind Sweetspot launch option (no graphic) would be less distracting.

Can you add brightness & GPS on-off to settings/toolbar?

The Labels/Apps bar could be squeezed slightly to fit 5 icons on screen.
(I don't really need the task slider since the entire bar slides easily anytime).

Some minor bleeding of the home wallpaper bleeding through extreme edges.

---

Thanks again!
Keep up the hard work!

Looking forward to your next update!

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
I have fixed compatibility issue with density mod. Please refer to screen shot as attached.

Attachments

• density.jpg
    density.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 226

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
> I also very much dislike the little graphic on my screen - very distracting. I
> could have sworn I saw an option to remove the graphic & just aim for the
> sweet spot - but darned if I can find it anymore (or it's just gone).

Just wanted to thank you for a very nice program.
Very Stable on Stock Droid 1 Froyo 22D.

Sometimes after reboot some icons washed out, I have to refresh.
Phone icon not showing properly (blank android icon).

--

Would like to see Phone and Browser Icon in topbar.

Blind Sweetspot launch option (no graphic) would be less distracting.

Can you add brightness & GPS on-off to settings/toolbar?

The Labels/Apps bar could be squeezed slightly to fit 5 icons on screen.
(I don't really need the task slider since the entire bar slides easily anytime).

Some minor bleeding of the home wallpaper bleeding through extreme edges.

---

Thanks again!
Keep up the hard work!

Looking forward to your next update!
GPS switch requires a hack and it is not 100% compatible to all phones. For stability reason, I have to leave it. However, I will add vloumne/vibration/brightness.. etc next time.

For the bleeding through the edge, I actually did it intentionally. I thought it was cool to look like that. haha. Anyway, you are not alone. Someone already told me to change it.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Thanks for the prompt response, but I don't understand your answer.

To what built-in Google app are you referring? How do I use it to address the problem of Smart Taskbar appearing to be continuously downloading?

Alternatively, how would I try your other suggested solutions?

Well, I think you just need to turn on/off your apn or maybe try with wifi connection. Normally that solves the problem to me.

d0nald01

Sep 4, 2010
Great app works well on my samsung galaxy s. One suggestion though.

Could you make an option to make the default home screen less distracting. Maybe just tabs on top that shows the labels (task, games, tools, etc)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Indigon

Sep 6, 2010
GPS switch requires a hack and it is not 100% compatible to all phones. For stability reason, I have to leave it. However, I will add vloumne/vibration/brightness.. etc next time.

For the bleeding through the edge, I actually did it intentionally. I thought it was cool to look like that. haha. Anyway, you are not alone. Someone already told me to change it.

Ha! Thanks. Come to think of it it's pretty cool to see my live nexus
wallpaper on the extreme edges! But your last update cleaned most
of it up on my Droid 1 .. :D

Right now I'm using "full circle trigger icon, wide trigger area" and
getting used to it with fat fingers (?) , works pretty well..

Only thing is I have to refresh app every time I reboot, to refresh many of the icons.

Last edited:

RebDovid

Well, I think you just need to turn on/off your apn or maybe try with wifi connection. Normally that solves the problem to me.

I (think) I've tried both suggestions without result.

I used the APN on/off widget. Regarding wi-fi, my phone - a Samsung Vibrant - automatically switches to my home network.

Let me re-state the problem. Currently, I have Smart Taskbar 0.4.5 installed on my Vibrant. Nevertheless, the notification pull-down continuously shows "Smart Taskbar (sidebar)" as downloading. Pressing the notification eliminates it, but only temporarily. This condition persists whether Smart Taskbar is installed, as it is now, or uninstalled.

Indigon

Sep 6, 2010
Great app works well on my samsung galaxy s. One suggestion though.

Could you make an option to make the default home screen less distracting. Maybe just tabs on top that shows the labels (task, games, tools, etc)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

I agree, lose the top bar and utilize the menu button.

Quick launch bar could be six icons on my Droid 1
Would like an option to hide quick launch bar.

Apps label Bar should snap to 5 icon grid.
I use as: All Apps, Tools, Games, Nav, Progs

Every morning after reboot I have to refresh icons and realign
the 5 task bar icons.

Love the app though, JMHO, keep up the hard work.
Very fast and stable.

Thx !!

Last edited:

saltorio

Feb 20, 2009
Ottawa, ON
www.NutsNGum.net
I agree, lose the top bar and utilize the menu button.

Quick launch bar could be six icons on my Droid 1
Would like an option to hide quick launch bar.

Apps label Bar should snap to 5 icon grid.
I use as: All Apps, Tools, Games, Nav, Progs

Every morning after reboot I have to refresh icons and realign
the 5 task bar icons.

Love the app though, JMHO, keep up the hard work.
Very fast and stable.

Thx !!

I support all these suggestions, especially the first one. The top bar seems to just take up alot of space with the only common use being the new toggle fly-out.

Would love an option for the quick-launch bar to be moved to the bottom.

In addition to making use of the menu button, I'd also like to request that the app respect the home button. It's natural for the user to hit the Home button while in an app to return Home, but it doesn't seem to work in Smart Taskbar (hitting the Back button does work however).

Please continue the wonderful work!

windg3

Aug 18, 2010
the best and greatest app i ever met.
I just have one proposal:
If it integrates with some task kill function, it will be awfully perfect!

Paul22000

Jan 19, 2008
Absolutely love this app.

And the Black/Grey quick launch spot of the last update was a great idea. Any chance you could add another option for an even lighter one? (ie Quick launch spot almost not visible at all)

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
www.sur-realphotography.com
I've been using the app for a few days now... and absolutley love it. It's simple, it's quick, and it gets the job done.

I was using Power Strip, or whatever it's called, and I like that also... but it was just too slow for my liking.

Good job on this. :)

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
[Updated to V0.5.0 on Sept 13, 2010]
Added:
Added:
(1) Widget Support
(2) Option to turn off Task label
(3) Option to turn off Widget label

Modified:
(1) Edit App dialog. Removed All App and Task from the list. Display in alphabetical order.

Fixed:
(1) All Quick Launch related FC bugs
(2) DB upgrade from very old version FC bug
(3) Learn how to use dismiss button hidden from screen issue

11.png

8.png

9.png

10.png

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
One thing I do not like... is that whenever I add an app to one of the lists, it doesn't update automatically. I have to hit refresh every time. It should automatically refresh as soon as you add the app, so that it's there already when you open up the Taskbar.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
One thing I do not like... is that whenever I add an app to one of the lists, it doesn't update automatically. I have to hit refresh every time. It should automatically refresh as soon as you add the app, so that it's there already when you open up the Taskbar.

Hello,
It should auto update newly installed app on the fly. Are you using 2.2 App2sd for newly installed app? I have tested on all sdk except 2.2. So not sure is it related to 2.2.

jbdavies

Sep 3, 2010
Utah
Hello,
It should auto update newly installed app on the fly. Are you using 2.2 App2sd for newly installed app? I have tested on all sdk except 2.2. So not sure is it related to 2.2.
Sorry... let me try and discribe the problem a little better.

Whenever I make a label/list (I have 'Most Used' right now), and then add an app to it (the last one I added was Tonido), whenever I open up the Taskbar again, the app is not updated in the label/list automatically. I have to click the refresh button for it to show up.

I am running 2.2 and do also have App2SD, but the apps that I have in the list aren't on my SD card.

Does that make more sense? haha.

jerryfan2000

Jun 21, 2009
kiumiu.wordpress.com
Sorry... let me try and discribe the problem a little better.

Whenever I make a label/list (I have 'Most Used' right now), and then add an app to it (the last one I added was Tonido), whenever I open up the Taskbar again, the app is not updated in the label/list automatically. I have to click the refresh button for it to show up.

I am running 2.2 and do also have App2SD, but the apps that I have in the list aren't on my SD card.

Does that make more sense? haha.

Sorry for misunderstanding. But did u mean you have to refresh everytime in order to see Tonido or only for the first time you just added the app to a particular label? If your case is latter, you don't really need to refresh. You just need to switch the active label to something else then go back to the desired one. It is a design flaw and I am still looking for a more efficient way to solve it.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Download from Android Market: Smart Taskbar (Free download)
    or
    With QR barcode
    qr.png

Since the initial release on Aug 2010 as the first one click instant access app and its super unique always available design , Smart Taskbar has became the origin of several similar one click instant access app in Android Market today. Today, after more than 6 month of beta testing, I am proud to announce that Smart Taskbar is finally going to V1.0.0 stage. V1.0.0 is more stable, faster, more feature packed and also more visually appealing than its previous - beta testing product.

Smart Taskbar is a - super launcher, task switcher, an app organizer, shortcut manager, and widget viewer that you can quickly call up on any window by swipe the edge of screen or by clicking a transparent trigger icon on screen. In most cases, you can complete app launching in 2 finger clicks (1st swipe, and 2nd click on app icon to launch). Possibly the fastest way to quickly launch or switch between applications.

If you want to use your phone one handed with complete touch screen experience, you find Android takes too many steps to complete one simple job, or you want to get a faster way to get things organized, get Smart Taskbar to make your like easier.

Smart Taskbar comes with following features
    (1) 5 speedy launch spots for 2 steps quick launch
    (2) App organizer function built in
    (3) Task switch
    (4) super speedy launcher
    (5) Software home button (To prevent H/W home button from tear and wear)
    (6) True multitask experience!
    (7) Able to build your own custom action to launch

Reason why to use Smart Taskbar:
    (1) Free up your home screen for more widgets instead of app shortcuts
    (2) A better way to organize app in to groups
    (3) Need a super fast way to launch your app
    (4) Missing the multi tasking in Palm Pre
    (5) Don't want to press hardware button too frequently

[Screenshots]
    1.png
    2.png
    3.png

4.png
    5.png
    6.png

Get Smart Taskbar by searching 'Smart Taskbar' in Android Market.
    Hi,
    CPU usage if Smart taskbar should be no different than regualr Android app. You are seeing high CPU occupation because you do a lot of scroll in app list. Try yourself and scroll grid list in other app such as gallery and you will see similar CPU usage.
    Would be possible to do compatible the Smart Taskbar labels with Folder Organizer labels.
    I'm using Folder Organizer for time ago and I have configured my apps with its labels. Would be nice to take advantage of this configuration. I know other apps like Titanium Backup have this possibility (it can use the Folder Organizer labels).

I installed Titanium Backup few days ago as soon as I read your post. Can you teach me where is the option for folder organizer back up?